What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

Putting aside the basic things that need to be packed for a cruise...what one item do you always try to bring? Something that you have found to be very useful while at sea?

My journal for daily entries for remembering cruise events.

A flameless candle for a bathroom night light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a great one I never thought of. I get so frustrated not being able to plug in my own nightlight. On the Celebrity S-class ships there is low ambient lighting in the bathroom when the light is off. Not so on other ships.

This is a great one I never thought of. I get so frustrated not being able to plug in my own nightlight. On the Celebrity S-class ships there is low ambient lighting in the bathroom when the light is off. Not so on other ships.

Why can't you plug in your own nightlight? Are the plug-ins in the room that basic plug ins for the US or no? First timer here ;)

My Kindle, well loaded with a variety of books including ones that are topic-specific to the area I'm cruising, references, and new novels and nonfiction that I've been wanting to catch up on.

Ditto too

Love all these ideas, I bring an itek charger that can hold multiple adapters for my kindle, I-pad, camera battery charger etc.

Zip lock bags in a few sizes. Handy if I wanat a piece of cheese and cracker from lunch in Lido for a snac k late fternoon.

Why can't you plug in your own nightlight? Are the plug-ins in the room that basic plug ins for the US or no? First timer here ;)

In the bathroom, the only plug in is for razers only. And sometimes, that plug in only works if the light switch is on (which defeats the purpose of the nightlight).

Zip lock bags in a few sizes. Handy if I wanat a piece of cheese and cracker from lunch in Lido for a snack late afternoon.

Baggies are our different must have cruise item. They have so many good uses, we package different size (snack through gallon and both regular and freezer). We use the freezer ones to segregate stuff in the backpack to both make it easier to find and keep dry in the event of drenching.

Almost everything else folks have listed is a 'standard' item in my travel carry on.

In the bathroom, the only plug in is for razers only. And sometimes, that plug in only works if the light switch is on (which defeats the purpose of the nightlight).

OK...so I guess I have another silly question... I won't be able to plug in my hair straightener or a blow dryer in the bathroom? Thanks for your help with this!

Baggies are our different must have cruise item. They have so many good uses, we package different size (snack through gallon and both regular and freezer). We use the freezer ones to segregate stuff in the backpack to both make it easier to find and keep dry in the event of drenching.

Almost everything else folks have listed is a 'standard' item in my travel carry on.

I love this idea! I have added ziploc bags to my packing list!