Drink package gratuities

craftymarie

They are included but some people will add a dollar with drink orders, I always bring 50 in singles for drink tips, service seems quicker with tip.

Agree with you. With the packages, gratuities are included and I suspect shared and distributed among a large collection of staff. We always bring a supply of single to tip our particular server, especially if we are at a place where being served more than once.

Agree with you. With the packages, gratuities are included and I suspect shared and distributed among a large collection of staff. We always bring a supply of single to tip our particular server, especially if we are at a place where being served more than once.

In my conversations with bar staff, even cash tips get split amongst the entire group. I think they still appreciate the tips, but your favorite server/bartender might only be getting a cut of your cash tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my conversations with bar staff, even cash tips get split amongst the entire group. I think they still appreciate the tips, but your favorite server/bartender might only be getting a cut of your cash tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the World class bar they put any cash tips into a jar on the back counter

• 5 months later...

I’m getting a little confused, some say the 18% is included in the drinks package and some say not. I got the drinks package “free” when I booked the trip, I have looked on the celebrity web page and in the small print:

*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

I presume this will be added everyday to your sea pass or perhaps at the end of you trip. Please can anyone clarify this.

I don't see where anyone said gratuities are NOT included once you have the package. If you have the package, the 18% is paid up front - whether you buy it yourself or have it given to you as a booking perk. The only time you pay a charge on a 'per drink' basis is if you do not have the package, or if you choose to add extra above the 18%. .

The confusion may be in the difference between the US and UK pricing wording. My understanding is - assuming $100 for a package (don't we wish!): US wording would say $100 package, then $18 would be added when you purchase. UK wording would already have the 18% included in the price quoted (whatever the UK equivalent of $118 would be).

I think the poster is looking at the prices just as I did -- to see if tips are included or not. The drink package is not really a "free" perk -- the cost is built into the price of the cruise. On our last Celebrity cruise we had the option to take perks or not. Without the perks the cruise price was several hundred dollars less expensive.

If you got the package as a free perk, why are you looking at the instructions for purchasing it? You already have it.

Reason being (as I already explained) conflicting info on this site and other sites. Just decided to check for myself what the t&c were on packages.

I don't see where anyone said gratuities are NOT included once you have the package. If you have the package, the 18% is paid up front - whether you buy it yourself or have it given to you as a booking perk. The only time you pay a charge on a 'per drink' basis is if you do not have the package, or if you choose to add extra above the 18%. .

The confusion may be in the difference between the US and UK pricing wording. My understanding is - assuming $100 for a package (don't we wish!): US wording would say $100 package, then $18 would be added when you purchase. UK wording would already have the 18% included in the price quoted (whatever the UK equivalent of $118 would be).

This is the actual wording of Celebrity’s web site.

All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

If you purchase a package that is true, except for itineraries out of Southampton where the gratuity is folded into the price. But you are not purchasing a package are you? You wrote that you received the received the package as a perk. You also received the associate gratuities. There will be no further charge for gratuities as long as you stay within the parameters of your package.

If you purchase a package that is true, except for itineraries out of Southampton where the gratuity is folded into the price. But you are not purchasing a package are you? You wrote that you received the received the package as a perk. You also received the associate gratuities. There will be no further charge for gratuities as long as you stay within the parameters of your package.

Only received the drinks package free, paid my gratuities upfront. Sailing out of Miami too.

This is the actual wording of Celebrity’s web site.

All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. An 18% service charge will be added to Soda' date=' Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.[/color']....

This is talking about the situation where someone is purchasing the package online - you enter your information, then go to a 'checkout' screen for final pricing and payment. It's not talking about 'checkout' as in disembarking and getting your final bill. Trust us...you will not be charged another 18% on drinks on your onboard bill if you already have a drink package, even if you received it free as a perk. .

D&T's-Cruises, you are mixing up two things.

The gratuities you paid upfront cover the waitstaff and your housekeeping staff. Has nothing to do with drinks, nor with gratuities you might see if you have a massage or a haircut. The gratuities for those things are not included in what you paid.

Regarding drinks, if you received the package as part of your booking, as a perk, then you also received the gratuities associated with those drinks.

If you were to purchase a package you would see the gratuity be added at checkout. You aren't purchasing the package, won't go through checkout, you are all set as far as the Classic drinks package is concerned.

If you order a drink that is over the price point, you will pay the difference plus a gratuity. If you order a bottle of wine you will pay a gratuity. Those gratuities are not part of what you prepaid.

If you go to a wine tasting, you'll be charged a gratuity there, too, since they are not part of the drinks package. If you order room service alcoholic beverages, you'll see a gratuity added there too. Room service and the mini bar are not included in your beverage package.

Reason being (as I already explained) conflicting info on this site and other sites. Just decided to check for myself what the t&c were on packages.

You probably need to refer to the t&c of the promotion that included the drinks package rather than the t&c of the separately purchased drinks package.

Having had the drinks package as part of the GO BEST promotion, I didn't need to pay any additional gratuities.

It may be true that with your "go best" you paid no additional gratuities but we should specify that means no additional gratuities on drinks ordered at a bar -- if you had ordered a drink through room service there would have been an additional gratuity. Similarly, if you had gone to a wine tasting or had ordered a full bottle of wine there would have been gratuity added to those, and had you gotten a massage or a manicure, there would have been gratuities on those services also.

I agree with the others - on Celebrity, if you received the drink package as a perk - the package covers both the cost of the drink and the gratuity for the drink. Other cruise lines do it differently. NCL offers a drink package as a free perk, but then charges a gratuity charge on the entire package :o So confusing for the cruise buyer!

D&T's-Cruises, you are mixing up two things.

The gratuities you paid upfront cover the waitstaff and your housekeeping staff. Has nothing to do with drinks, nor with gratuities you might see if you have a massage or a haircut. The gratuities for those things are not included in what you paid.

Regarding drinks, if you received the package as part of your booking, as a perk, then you also received the gratuities associated with those drinks.

If you were to purchase a package you would see the gratuity be added at checkout. You aren't purchasing the package, won't go through checkout, you are all set as far as the Classic drinks package is concerned.

If you order a drink that is over the price point, you will pay the difference plus a gratuity. If you order a bottle of wine you will pay a gratuity. Those gratuities are not part of what you prepaid.

If you go to a wine tasting, you'll be charged a gratuity there, too, since they are not part of the drinks package. If you order room service alcoholic beverages, you'll see a gratuity added there too. Room service and the mini bar are not included in your beverage package.

Thanks for clearing up the drinks package question. I know the gratuities I paid up front is only for waiting staff and housekeeping. I have sailed several times in the past with royal Caribbean but never had the drinks package before, plus never sailed with Celebrity.