Assault on the Elation

hard_eight

The aunt of the arrested individual, not surprisingly, is shocked he could behave this way, since he was drinking and having a grand old time, and his arrest record and restraining orders have nothing to do with his character.

Wow. Denial, not just a river in Egypt.

The grandmother should also be charged with neglect for letting a girl with the mental capacity of a 12 year old into the hot tub without direct supervision.

It sounds like whatever happened happened pretty quickly, in the open. I doubt anyone could have stopped it even if they were watching like a hawk from 10 feet away.

Women have been sexually assaulted on a crowded subway, so it's not a huge leap to being assaulted in a crowded hot tub regardless of time of day.

Roz

From the police statement: according to court documents, the victim has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. She was in the hot tub with family members and others. The 23 year old touched her and she pulled away. Then he reached under the water and inside her bathing suit bottom. She got out of the hot tub and reported it. There were multiple witnesses to his being next to her. Family members reported him to ship staff. The ship’s doctor examined her and found abrasions where she sUd he touched her inside her bathing suit bottom. (If you get my meaning. The report was more specific).

So she was with family adults, and was able to immediately report it.

Carnival did react correctly, and the 23 year old was arrested as soon as the ship docked in Jacksonville.

He is a Jacksonville resident, I’m sorry to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
From the police statement: according to court documents, the victim has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. She was in the hot tub with family members and others. The 23 year old touched her and she pulled away. Then he reached under the water and inside her bathing suit bottom. She got out of the hot tub and reported it. There were multiple witnesses to his being next to her. Family members reported him to ship staff. The ship’s doctor examined her and found abrasions where she sUd he touched her inside her bathing suit bottom. (If you get my meaning. The report was more specific).

So she was with family adults, and was able to immediately report it.

Carnival did react correctly, and the 23 year old was arrested as soon as the ship docked in Jacksonville.

He is a Jacksonville resident, I’m sorry to say.

Damn.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I think the real crime here is all the kids in the hot tub.

I think an age requiremnet for the hot tubs is in order- NO ONE UNDER 40 ALLOWED.

40? :o

Well, if you're over 40, you probably lived though the 60's or 70's. It wasn't called assault back then. It was called "Free Love".

You see this all the time teen girls going all over the ship unattended and not properly attired.

Did you read any of the facts? This was not a teenager running around the ship unattended. This was a mentally disabled girl with the mentality of a 12 year old in the hot tub with her family and a few others. The man touched her inappropriately and she reported it.

To infer that she was wandering the ship alone and improperly attired is absolutely wrong on your part.

Here we are again, blame the victim!

I saw way to go MOM! I work with kids and teens and at least 80% females have been sexually abused, about 15% of males. So many don't report it. This Mom has educated her daughter well to report it right away.... It doesn't take long for someone to inappropriately touch someone. Glad this creep was arrested.

Well, if you're over 40, you probably lived though the 60's or 70's. It wasn't called assault back then. It was called "Free Love".

I don't know anyone 40 that lived in tbe 60's, let alone old enough to experience "free love". Maybe my math needs a little help?