So what do you think of the new MDR menu they have recently rolled out?

The flour less chocolate cake is gone and also the scallop risotto. Be careful about ordering the jumbo tiger shrimp, they were split, and you get 3 of the tiniest shrimp you can barely scrap off the shell. Also do not order the tuna. 1/4 inch thick and way over cooked. They no longer offer the salmon and chicken as the usual stand bys each night. The chicken cordon bleu was very good though:D.

I found them repetitive and boring. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like ordering dessert at the same time as dinner, but I found it worked out much better than I expected. I missed the cold soup choice each night. The food was delicious, as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been following this and curious to see how it goes... is the new menu out fleet-wide? Or still just select ships?

Not fleetwide yet, though no updated list of deployment status.

I like the new style, personally. While the options are fewer, I like seeing everything on one page. What's on the dessert menu might affect what appetizer I order, or vice versa. I can't think of the specific food item, but one night there was an appetizer that had fruit, and also a dessert with fruit. I would not want fruit for appetizer and dessert, but I did want one or the other. It just so happened the dessert with fruit caught my eye, and as a result, I avoided the appetizer with fruit. So it was nice to know ahead of time what to expect.

Not to mention, with the cutbacks in service, it's more efficient to give the waiter your entire order at once as opposed to sitting around and waiting for him/her to take your dessert order. Perhaps some people like spending 2.5 hours at dinner, but it's not for me.

I like the new style, personally. While the options are fewer, I like seeing everything on one page. What's on the dessert menu might affect what appetizer I order, or vice versa. I can't think of the specific food item, but one night there was an appetizer that had fruit, and also a dessert with fruit. I would not want fruit for appetizer and dessert, but I did want one or the other. It just so happened the dessert with fruit caught my eye, and as a result, I avoided the appetizer with fruit. So it was nice to know ahead of time what to expect.

Not to mention, with the cutbacks in service, it's more efficient to give the waiter your entire order at once as opposed to sitting around and waiting for him/her to take your dessert order. Perhaps some people like spending 2.5 hours at dinner, but it's not for me.

That's my thought too. Easier to choose what is there and more efficient for service to order at once. But I am underwhelmed by the variety.

I used to enjoy those little sliders w steak fries and haven't seen them on any menu. I'll be back onboard in a few weeks time so we'll see how it goes.

Haven't sailed with the new menus, but I like the idea of the desserts being on the same menu. Small servings don't bother me. I just order 2 entrees or 2 appetizers. That's what I love about cruising. My adult Grandson isn't a large man, but is still a big eater. He tells the waiter on night one that he's going to need two of some of the entrees or appetizers. He knows they are small serving sizes. We feel it actually makes it easier on the waiter to let him/her know in advance. He doesn't waste it. I usually order a salad along with an appetizer. Sorry to see some of the dishes missing, but I've never been unable to find something I like and never felt the need to go to the Specialty restaurants.

Sorry to see some of the dishes missing, but I've never been unable to find something I like and never felt the need to go to the Specialty restaurants.

Agreed. Considering the menu has at least a dozen items (appetizer and entree combined) plus 5 desserts or so, and the fact that you can order multiple of whatever you'd like, you'd have to be a REALLY picky eater to not find something you like. Chances are a person that picky would be unsatisfied with everything on the ship.

Can you please share the menu? Going on Harmony this month and curious... Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is another thread with copies of the new menus. Hopefully I have included the link below.

New menu in the main dining room?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572861

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought having dessert on the same menu would speed up dinner but it didn't seem like it did. With the cutbacks, it still felt like it took forever to take our entree plate away and then sat and waited for dessert and we had a very good waiter

I do like the layout of the new menus (seeing dessert earlier on), but I don't like how they eliminate many choices (for example, on recent 4 night cruise, they didn't have a single cold soup, and they got rid of the 2nd vegetarian option of pasta primavera). However, my Head Waiter said they have a cold soup every night and you can still order the pasta, or the Indian food option (which was on the old old pre-spice menus), but you just have to know to ask. This is silly to me - why not just put a note on the regular menu that says "ask about cold soups and Indian options?"

...........Not to mention, with the cutbacks in service, it's more efficient to give the waiter your entire order at once as opposed to sitting around and waiting for him/her to take your dessert order. Perhaps some people like spending 2.5 hours at dinner, but it's not for me.

(y)

..........Head Waiter said they have a cold soup every night and you can still order the pasta, or the Indian food option (which was on the old old pre-spice menus), but you just have to know to ask. This is silly to me - why not just put a note on the regular menu that says "ask about cold soups and Indian options?"

They are probably trying to streamline things with less work and to make things run smoother.