Surprise Cruise for Wife (Documentation in Mail?)

Hi everyone,

I was planning on booking a surprise cruise for my wife this November (Brilliance of the Seas - Can't wait!)

What I was wondering was if after booking, does Royal Caribbean start sending me documentation via snail mail for the trip, or is it all digital at this point? I would hate for my wife to find out early by picking up the mail!

Figured I'd ask here before calling Royal Caribbean - thanks all!

- Just a guy trying to surprise his wife :)

They won't send you anything about your specific cruise, but they might send you marketing pieces like postcards. I receive them, most recently less than a month ago. While they are not specific to your personal cruise, it could tip your wife off. I WOULD advise you to request they remove you from their marketing mailing list, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to actually happen.

Perhaps when booking you could provide an office or friend's address as your mailing address?

They won't send you anything about your specific cruise, but they might send you marketing pieces like postcards. I receive them, most recently less than a month ago. While they are not specific to your personal cruise, it could tip your wife off. I WOULD advise you to request they remove you from their marketing mailing list, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to actually happen.

Perhaps when booking you could provide an office or friend's address as your mailing address?

We already get a bunch of promo, so we should be alright

Are you going to tell her at some point before the cruise? Or take her to the cruiseport on the pretense of visiting family or something?

Personally, I love the months of anticipation.

Not telling someone in advance at all I would consider cruel.

Are you going to tell her at some point before the cruise? Or take her to the cruiseport on the pretense of visiting family or something?

Personally, Inwould want to know at least one month prior to pack adequately. Packing for a cruise takes some special consideration.

I sort of surprised my wife for our 20th anniversary. We were booked on the carnival victory for 7 days out of san juan, and I secretly booked a second cruise the following week on the Seenade of the Seas but didnt tell her until the last night of the first cruise. She never suspected a thing!! It was a great 2 week vacation that set the bar high, so I took her to Hawaii for 3 weeks for the 25th anniversary. Figuring out the 30th is going to be tough LOL

Everyone is different. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your wife's C&A number is associated with the cruise she will definitely get emails about the cruise.

"Definitely" I doubt that...it's never happened to us...I'm the only email address that gets any notices at all and they certainly have my DH's C&A info too.

If your wife's C&A number is associated with the cruise she will definitely get emails about the cruise.
I surprised my wife with a 25th Anniversary cruise, her C&A number was on the reservation, and she never received a single email.

Speaking as a wife, I would give her at least two weeks notice. Take her out to a nice candlelit dinner, make a little speech of how much she means to you, then show her the documents. If you do it right, the reveal will be as memorable as the cruise, almost like a proposal.

Also, as your wife probably runs the household, there are going to be several things she’s going to take care of before a vacation. She might need a new swimsuit, shoes, formal dress for the trip, time to make a packing listing, etc. The stress of having to leave at a moments notice would start the trip off badly. Btw, you’re a sweetie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Speaking as a wife, I would give her at least two weeks notice. Take her out to a nice candlelit dinner, make a little speech of how much she means to you, then show her the documents. If you do it right, the reveal will be as memorable as the cruise, almost like a proposal.

Also, as your wife probably runs the household, there are going to be several things she’s going to take care of before a vacation. She might need a new swimsuit, shoes, formal dress for the trip, time to make a packing listing, etc. The stress of having to leave at a moments notice would start the trip off badly. Btw, you’re a sweetie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally agree! I would be more than just stressed if it was sprung on me last minute without any prep! I like your idea how it should be presented with AT LEAST 2weeks notice!

I totally agree! I would be more than just stressed if it was sprung on me last minute without any prep! I like your idea how it should be presented with AT LEAST 2weeks notice!
I gave mine about 3 months notice. She needed to juggle a few class assignments. It wouldn't have been pretty if I'd sprung it on her last minute. Lol

"Definitely" I doubt that...it's never happened to us...I'm the only email address that gets any notices at all and they certainly have my DH's C&A info too.

She gets more cruise emails than I do even though I am the first one listed on the reservation and I get the contacts from the TA.

Spring for a Galapagos cruise? My husband keeps saying we should do one for our 20th but I think we'll need to save up for longer than that so might have to be 25th or 30th [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Awesome cruise. Go while you are able to navigate the rocks and getting on and off the ship twice a day. We went with Celebrity and simply loved the entire experience. We hired a personal trainer and worked out for about 6 months before the cruise to make certain we could really enjoy.

Awesome cruise. Go while you are able to navigate the rocks and getting on and off the ship twice a day. We went with Celebrity and simply loved the entire experience. We hired a personal trainer and worked out for about 6 months before the cruise to make certain we could really enjoy.
That's a good idea... Although I should work out now in general [emoji23]. I am hoping we can do it, would be so fantastic!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I agree with need for advanced notice for your wife. One cruise I surprised my DH with an upgrade to the Celebrity Suite with a butler. He knew about cruise but not about the suite. He does not get any email from Royal and all email comes to my email address. Not to worry about that.