Travel Itinerary.

For those of us that use a Travel Agent for our cruise bookings, how many actually receive a good old fashioned Travel Itinerary, or are you expected to rely on the program set out in the brochure from the relevant cruise line.

This question is because my insurance company is demanding a copy of our Itinerary for our last cruise where we missed Lifou. This is in spite of the fact that the letter from P&O clearly states the full details of the missed port.

For those of us that use a Travel Agent for our cruise bookings, how many actually receive a good old fashioned Travel Itinerary, or are you expected to rely on the program set out in the brochure from the relevant cruise line.

This question is because my insurance company is demanding a copy of our Itinerary for our last cruise where we missed Lifou. This is in spite of the fact that the letter from P&O clearly states the full details of the missed port.

It varies by agent.

Most TAs will include the itinerary in the main documents. The cruise line will normally also include the intended itinerary in their cruise documents/ booklet. If you have a letter from the cruise line stating you missed a port, then I feel the insurance company may be stalling. I suggest you call them and ask for a supervisor.

The last time I used a "travel agent" (and I use the term loosely) was on my first cruise quite a few years ago. I was handed copious paperwork, 2 "free" lanyards and a navy blue zippered pouch. While sitting in the office I perused the paperwork and was able to point out that nooooo, we will not board at that port so the boarding passes, luggage tags, etc., were useless. The travel agent was disbelieving until I made her call up the booking on the 'puter!

Thank the Goddess for Cruise Critic and the internet! Book everything myself now. Lesson learned. :)

The lack of information is why I stopped using travel agents:o. They would never give me a break down of costs, they would tell me they made the enquiries I asked for but instead invented answers they thought I wanted to hear, and definitely no itinerary. The one time I did get an itinerary it was a print out from two years ago:eek: and of course the information was outdated:mad:. Some people get lucky and find awesome travel agents, I have heard the great stories, the ones who really want to make your trip great but unfortunately they are few and far between. Most are looking to get a quick commission:(.

I used an online cruise TA and they supplied a cruise itinerary with times at each port. This is pretty important info so most TAs supply it. Of course, ports and port times are always subject to change as you experienced. Hope you get a resolution.

We usually do everything electronically but we had the TA send us our upcoming South Pacific cruise docs because we don’t have access to print at the moment. A big leather look conference binder/clipboard arrived from the wholesaler via the TA, complete with plain blue lanyards, boarding passes with the wrong dining info on them ( it had been fixed a couple of weeks before) and luggage tags with no cabin number (Gty cabin) did have a full itinerary. As nice as it was to get something in the post that wasn’t a bill, we will probably try to stay with emailed docs in the future rather than add so much to landfill!

As nice as it was to get something in the post that wasn’t a bill, we will probably try to stay with emailed docs in the future rather than add so much to landfill!

Yeah, same. I've had them a few times, but never use them so they just pile up. Good in the days of one-off special occasions, but for those that travel often a bit of a waste.