Stock Benefit

Except if booked under the UK promo, the free classic drinks package offer is specifically stated as being combinable with shareholder benefit. I do a screen grab from their UK terms and conditions when applying for the shareholder benefit and they have applied it.

Rule of thumb: Always request the stockholder credit. Let Celebrity decide if you get it or not.....

Good advice. I've been surprised! In your case you should be denied, but I'd give it a try.

Hello,

I was told by RCCL that stockholder OBC can be combined with non OBC promo benefits, eg drinks and or parking, but not with any promo OBC benefit. So I bought Carnival PLC shares.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I was told by RCCL that stockholder OBC can be combined with non OBC promo benefits, eg drinks and or parking, but not with any promo OBC benefit. So I bought Carnival PLC shares.

Regards,

Cublet

Did you compare total performance of CCL with RCL?

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

So! Do you get Celebrity OBC with carnival shares?? One lady told me you do, but I find it hard to believe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also valid with the "on board booking" extra OBC.

Been turned down just this week for shareholder benefit because we booked onboard and had a small amount of OBC. I don’t suppose you have anything that shows shareholder benefit is combinable with on board bookings that have some OBC? The shareholder team are driving me mad as Im pretty certain they granted it a couple of years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been turned down just this week for shareholder benefit because we booked onboard and had a small amount of OBC. I don’t suppose you have anything that shows shareholder benefit is combinable with on board bookings that have some OBC? The shareholder team are driving me mad as Im pretty certain they granted it a couple of years back.

Exactly the reason for my "rule of thumb".... At various time, I and/or others have 1) been refused the shareholder credit with the on-board booking OBC or 2) given the difference between the on-board booking OBC or 3) given the shareholder credit in addition to the on-board booking OBC.

The responses seem to be random....

If the OBC you receive for booking at Future Cruises is less than the stock holder credit they will give you the difference. Example: I booked a TA while on board and received $100 OBC. I submitted stock holder information and received $150 as a stock holder benefit.

Having been a recipient of the shareholder benefit on an occasion when I had every reason to believe that I wasn't eligible, I would recommend that you ALWAYS submit your request.

While I am sure that the current model is "the shareholder benefit is not combineable with OBC from another source", I will always make the request.

Sometimes, lightning strikes twice!!

Did you compare total performance of CCL with RCL?

I originally bought my RCCL stock for the benefits that I've never used. But boy I wish I had bought more. Bought it around $9.

I originally bought my RCCL stock for the benefits that I've never used. But boy I wish I had bought more. Bought it around $9.

I've always believe that you should only invest when the investment furthers your financial goals. Perhaps I'm wrong, but purchasing for any other reason is a mistake. You can get $250 in OBC, but the stock can decline 3 points and you lose.

And this conclusion from Zack"s:

Our comparative analysis shows that Carnival over Royal Caribbean when considering EV/EBITA ratios and debt ratios. However, when considering price performance and net margin, Royal Caribbean is clearly a better stock. With a Zack's Rank #2 and a higher projected EPS growth for the year at 21.5% compared to Carnival's value of 14%, Royal Caribbean is clearly the better of the two cruise stocks."

I've always believe that you should only invest when the investment furthers your financial goals. Perhaps I'm wrong, but purchasing for any other reason is a mistake. You can get $250 in OBC, but the stock can decline 3 points and you lose.

At this point it would have to drop to 0 as the dividend has paid back my acquisition cost.

It's really a disappointment that the "shareholder benefit" isn't really a usable benefit. I don't know why they kid themselves that they are offering anything of value with a discount you can almost never use. If they are going to have a shareholder benefit it should be stackable. Period.

That's true. Thankfully though both Carnival and RCCL's capital appreciation has been great- my Carnival is up 50% up in less than three years, plus regular dividend plus OBC- it makes for a great investment!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums