My first ever review (pics included!) Let's talk about this nasty ship...the TRIUMPH

gozagswoohoo

Was it?? Maybe I should have given it another chance! I can't recall the name of the other comedian, but we saw his PG show and loved it.

Ritchie something? He was funny. We caught both his shows the last night.

Oh, and since you're from StL...Go Cards!

I believe the Paradise Beach confusion is because it costs $3 to enter Paradise Beach. If you want to use the water toys, it's $18 for a pass, or $21 total.

We only get the water pass for our kids.

Agree, the Triumph is a lovely ship! However, I beg the question, does Carnival operate a ship that IS a dog?? We’ve had 40 cruises so far, with another five booked - and we’ve thoroughly enjoyed ship and staff every time.

Thanks for the kind review - I’m pretty sure Carnival monitors these posts. Several things that have been complained about (like excessively loud music on the Lido) have been addressed.

We had Genesis on our cruise out of NY last year as our head waiter! You're right - he's FANTASTIC. Our whole table loved him. Great to see someone else have great service from an amazing employee. He was like family to us by the time our cruise was over. Glad you had a good cruise. Just booked the Triumph from NYC to Bermuda next September....already counting down (well, maybe it's this crazy snowstorm we're having now, too...). Thanks for the great review :)

Again, I'm sure you're not really SUPPOSED to throw food to these birds, but EVERYONE was at their balcony doing so, and my mom used to say something like "If all of your friends jumped off a bridge, you should do it too" (or something like that, maybe I'm remembering that saying wrong). :-)

4_zpsufopvb8n.jpg

We also did a little shopping in Progresso. It wasn't a bad little town, just nothing special.

That's too funny!!:'):')

Even if you DON'T throw food to them...they'll come steal it from you anyway if you're not in one of the covered areas eating. I watched it happen on a cruise once. I was laying out on a lounger, DH and DS were on the slides and some lady brought a two Guy's Burgers and a double order of fries up close to where I was. She turned around for a couple of minutes to get her stuff settled on a lounger and the birds were diving to steal fries and bites of hamburger bun off her plate. She ended up picking up the entire plate and throwing it away because the birds had been at it, muttering about how annoying it was she had to go get more food. Well, lady, if you'd stayed down on the lido, where you're SUPPOSED to eat, that wouldn't have happened.

Thanks for sharing some good news about the much-bashed Triumph. We had a fabulous time on her a year ago as well. Easily hooked my daughter and husband into cruises. I agree 100% with your comments! Happy future journeys!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, lady, if you'd stayed down on the lido, where you're SUPPOSED to eat, that wouldn't have happened.

Says who? Carnival permits eating where she was setting up. People can request Carnival to change their policy if they don't like it.

Says who? Carnival permits eating where she was setting up. People can request Carnival to change their policy if they don't like it.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think there is anywhere on the ship that I have not seen someone eating.

Great review! Sounds like you guys had a really great experience! My hubby and I are going to be sailing the Triumph next month, and I'm super excited to experience our first cruise. I appreciate hearing that it's not as terrible as all the bashing on her is trying to make it be. Sorry I couldn't see the pix, though. Photobucket is really tripping for some reason or another. :(

Thanks for your review. There's been some pretty good last minute deals on Triumph, but I've been really hesitant to pull the trigger for a number of reasons.

I wish I could see all your photos though. :(