Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

After much fear and trepidation (I've been following this thread for weeks), I finally started the check-in for our May 15 British Isles cruise. I went through my husband's account, because I have not been brave enough/had enough time to see the state of my account on the new website.

I used my husband's Mac and was able to print the luggage tags (through the e-Docs) on Google Chrome, but received an error message when I tried to access the Check-in function.

I then switched to Safari, and was able to complete Check-in, and print the Set Sail Pass.

It dawned on me later that I was not asked about arrival time at port. This could be because we have flights through Air2Sea, though we are arriving earlier than the cruise day, and do not have transfers through the cruise line for either direction.

I've been trying for 3 days to check if my cruise went down. I booked a refundable deposit so I had to put in all guests to get a refundable rate. When I try to go to the next page it says my C&A number is wrong and won't let me go any further. I checked with C&A and my number and points are fine. Is this happening to anyone else?

If you use the link above for gift preferences to log in, then click on your reservation there, it will show your linked ones.

7793af50f7084d036a66b854b925aa9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The link: www.royalcaribbean.com/giftpreferences still works and allows you to log in but unfortunately our current reservations are not listed on the old site and clicking ANY link on that page takes me to the new website login page.

Fit to be tied!!! One month ago I called C&A to fix my husband's and my account being merged. My person is off today. I just checked and even though I knew to expect my former number to be reissued, they instead cancelled my husband's making it mine. So now my login is his number and I have no points!!!!!!!! and he has no account. How do they figure out what our travel history is now? Why can't anyone do their jobs? I've been patient only because I expected it to get fixed.

Next cruise 56 days and our first as Emerald - IF they get it fixed!!

Edited by B&J_Pgh

I think I saw a phone number for booking entertainment but I can't find it in the information I am saving about the website problems. I also skimmed over about 4 or 5 of the later pages of this thread.

Does anyone have the phone number for booking entertainment and other Cruise Planner items?

I can probably do this through the D+ desk.

Wonder when this **** web site will be fixed, if ever!:mad: Just logged in (probably should not have peeked), using that "old" site for preferences, clicked on on board preferences, and was thrown back to the new check-in site! So, I went ahead and signed in, only to find out that my status has been changed to pre-Gold with no points!! My cruises, future and past, are all there but not reflected in the status!! WTH!!:evilsmile:

Hey Bob, our next cruise is not until October to Cuba and final payment is in August, so should I just wait to see what happens when the time comes to pay? Maybe all will be well by then? I can only hope!!:rolleyes: We have a group of 11 going and I made all of those reservations (which I can't even access anymore), so I hope and pray all goes well!!:loudcry:

Wonder when this **** web site will be fixed, if ever!:mad: Just logged in (probably should not have peeked), using that "old" site for preferences, clicked on on board preferences, and was thrown back to the new check-in site! So, I went ahead and signed in, only to find out that my status has been changed to pre-Gold with no points!! My cruises, future and past, are all there but not reflected in the status!! WTH!!:evilsmile:

Hey Bob, our next cruise is not until October to Cuba and final payment is in August, so should I just wait to see what happens when the time comes to pay? Maybe all will be well by then? I can only hope!!:rolleyes: We have a group of 11 going and I made all of those reservations (which I can't even access anymore), so I hope and pray all goes well!!:loudcry:

Even as incompetent as these people seem to be, I would be very surprised if it is still messed up this bad in August.

Even as incompetent as these people seem to be, I would be very surprised if it is still messed up this bad in August.

Hope you're right!:rolleyes: Thanks Bob! I will refrain from logging back into my account until final payment, and hope all will be well! If not, I'll deal with it then!:eek:

Here's hoping, but I called the D+ desk and had them correct my points immediately after the first time I logged in to this revised web site.

I worked in IT as a project manager, and I cannot fathom how such sloppy software engineering can be put into production in this condition. It's almost as if they are using their live customers to test it!!

I think I saw a phone number for booking entertainment but I can't find it in the information I am saving about the website problems. I also skimmed over about 4 or 5 of the later pages of this thread.

Does anyone have the phone number for booking entertainment and other Cruise Planner items?

I can probably do this through the D+ desk.

Hi There. Here is what was at the bottom of my cruise entertainement confirmation for the Anthem coming up , so its just an email but I thought I would provide it even though I know you want a phone number!! Sir L.

reservations using our Cruise Planner please email us at precruiseplanner@rccl.com

Here's hoping, but I called the D+ desk and had them correct my points immediately after the first time I logged in to this revised web site.

I worked in IT as a project manager, and I cannot fathom how such sloppy software engineering can be put into production in this condition. It's almost as if they are using their live customers to test it!!

Hi Peggy -I just had to AMEN TO THAT on your post. I was an IT project manager for many installations (SAP, ORACLE and the like) plus littler customer service stuff and I think they didn't use a Test Team at all! Also, what gets me the most (and did before the switch) was when the people you call for help on this latest kerfuffle say "Please don't use Safari our software doesn't work well with that". I now just cut them off at the pass and say - haven't you noticed Apple isn't a bit player any more and oh by the way, all the customer service sites and IT center ARE APPLE PRODUCTS (ipads and IMACS ) on the Anthem???? Well, I know the guys on the phone don't know that but I dont' think anyone in Miami ever tries being a RCCL customer for a day. Ok . End of rant. Love CC!

I'm going to chime in on this. As a software engineer and architect for 29 years, I know one of the fact is computers, software, including websites, one of the goals and objectives for them is automation, and to reduce human intervention, reducing labors (reducing cost of operation), cut down human errors, making the whole business process flow more efficient.

In contrast to that concept, Royal Caribbean web site create more human interventions because now more users are calling them talk to a live person to help them with issues, help them booking, check in, cancelling changing etc... and their web sites create errors and required live person to fix what website software should have done. Now they have to hire more people to answer phone call and help desk support, cost them more and the whole process of their business flow is ineffcient.

Their web site has gone reverse from what an information systems are for.

Edited by StrikeEagle

Are you taking bets on that?[emoji41]

I will take some of that action :D. I think it a safe bet since the current site is supposed to be a fix for the issues of the older one.

Hi There. Here is what was at the bottom of my cruise entertainement confirmation for the Anthem coming up , so its just an email but I thought I would provide it even though I know you want a phone number!! Sir L.

reservations using our Cruise Planner please email us at precruiseplanner@rccl.com

thanks -- this is just another arrow to put in my quiver until RCI fixes the website. I never had trouble booking entertainment on the old site.

So, I went ahead and signed in, only to find out that my status has been changed to pre-Gold with no points!! My cruises, future and past, are all there but not reflected in the status!! WTH!!:evilsmile:

I checked our accounts yesterday. Mine was correct at 260 points and D+. DH account showed 0 points and pre-gold. I deleted his name and reyped it in, then logged out and logged back in and he had 260 points and D+.

Holy cow there is hope.

I am at platinum level. When i first logged into the merged site ( many weeks ago) it was showing me as still gold. Even tho it showed all my cruises, and the points added up correctly to platinum.

A quick phone call. And yes they show me as platinum. Didnt know why system was showing gold.

Well as of today it was corrected.

So there is a glimmer of hope.

PS. When i did mock bookings,i did recieve balcony discount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My login has been fine since the second week of the new portal. Now I log in and I went from Diamond to "Pre-GOLD" with 0 points. What the heck happened?

Yep, same for me, so you're not alone!;) I've decided to quit looking at my October reservation until final payment rolls around in August. I just can't take the stress! I have faith that all will be well!:halo:

I'm a fairly quiet poster on here even though I read the site daily for the most part. Just hit Emerald last August on my Oasis cruise. I wanted to weigh in here and share my frustration with the new site. It truly is half-baked. I had the "pleasure" of reserving two cabins for a Thanksgiving cruise on IOS right as they flipped the site in early March. It has been a comedy of "***'s" ever since. First, I never received an email receipt of the rate I paid. Now keep in mind this is for two cabins since I learned long ago 4 people in a cabin is a big NO! That first cruise my wife and I took with the kids in the same cabin was crazy. And they were 10 and 7 at the time. But I digress. So ever since then it has been two connecting cabins. To put what follows into perspective, my boys now have five 7 night cruises under their belts. And it's the connecting cabins on this new reservation that shows me they are far from fixing this mess they created.

Let's start with the most recent sale from a few weeks ago. When I booked this in early March, I never received an email with my invoice for the reserved rate. Plus when logging into the site, I could not find anywhere what I had paid. I knew a general number, but not exact. So I had to call customer support to inquire. After all was said and done, it was determined I could save $100 per cabin so I asked to re-rate the rooms. This was not a problem on my room. But since I have become accustomed to booking rooms for the family, the easiest way to do this online is to put my wife in one room with one son and me in another with the other. Keep it simple is always a good rule. Well, simple went out the window when they told me they needed to talk to her in order to make the change to the second cabins reservation rate? What? At this point I was still polite but insisted both rooms are under my credit card and they need to re-rate the room. I was put on hold while they "escalated" my request. After 5 minutes, they agreed to make the change. So I spent about 20 minutes on the phone that day tying up a representative just so I could save $200. Great for me. Probably not so much for RCCL.

Now today's website fun. I saw the drink package sale and know from experience that $18 a day is pretty much the lowest you will ever see for Refreshment package. So even though we are still 6 months away from the cruise, why wait and hope it comes around again. Now, last August I bought the Deluxe package for me and refreshment for everyone else. So I log in and go to my reservation. I add Deluxe for me and Refreshment for my soon to be 18 year old son. The website throws an error! I try again. Error. I then look and see although it gave me an error, my cart shows two items. The cart is correct so I check out. No confirmation email at all. But it does show in my purchase history. So I go to the second reservation to buy two Refreshment packages for my wife and other son. No errors and I immediately get an email confirmation.

Now on to the funny part. About 30 minutes later, I get an email from RCCL for my cabin. Is it my drink package receipt? Of course not. It's a copy of my full cruise purchase invoice!!!! Still don't have a receipt for my cabin's drink packages. So my guess is I found a bug for cabins with those of age and those not of age for the alcohol package. I guess I best call and confirm I am squared away for this purchase. Which again wastes time for an RCCL rep who could be adding new customers.

P.S. I can't wait to see what happens to this reservation when my oldest son turns 18 next month. He will inherit Emerald status but with 35 points of his own. But don't worry about him. I have trained him well and he appreciates all RCCL has to offer. Now if they could just fix their website perhaps we can get back to talking about cruising.

My login has been fine since the second week of the new portal. Now I log in and I went from Diamond to "Pre-GOLD" with 0 points. What the heck happened?

Log out, close your browser and wait for about 10 minutes then log back in to see if your points and status are back. It happened to us

Today, my cruise is no longer linked to my reservation. I attempt to link it by entering my reservation number. Initially, it finds it during the loading screen, but, ultimately, the reservation does not link. I called technical support and was told that "maintenance" was occurring and to try again later.

Anyone else having this issue?