Why are Married 18 -20 YO's different than Spring Breakers?

MizDemeanor

Don't all Mommies and Daddies have to sign for them to drink??? Why do so many soft-soap the Marrieds but not the Breakers who have the same issues with alcohol limitations?

I would think that a 20 year old that's married, possibly trying for a kid, working, etc would be in a different frame of mind and act more mature than a 20 year old frat boy

I think it’s in response to an earlier post of a couple that was getting married and they were 19 and 20 and looking for away to get the beer and wine package. And because they would be married the needing someone 21 and over in the cabin would be waived. They were asking if they needed a parental signature to get the beer and wine packages. Since parents can sign for their 18-20 year old kids to drink beer and wine on the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you babbling about? Are you drinking as you posted this? It's almost incoherent.

I sure hope that you can pinpoint your venom a whole lot better. Post is exceptionally clear.

Not all at sure where any 'proven tests' exist that a Married Couple at this age range is better at drinking than a Spring Breaker who is on vacation as well.

Unless of course its all about individual perceptions and you clearly may have your own.....

I would think that a 20 year old that's married, possibly trying for a kid, working, etc would be in a different frame of mind and act more mature than a 20 year old frat boy

That may be so, but to use the term Frat Boy tells me that there is no suggestion of maturity.

Don't all Mommies and Daddies have to sign for them to drink??? Why do so many soft-soap the Marrieds but not the Breakers who have the same issues with alcohol limitations?

No. Please do not drink soft-soap. Like the tide pod challenge, it will make you ill.

I sure hope that you can pinpoint your venom a whole lot better. Post is exceptionally clear.

Not all at sure where any 'proven tests' exist that a Married Couple at this age range is better at drinking than a Spring Breaker who is on vacation as well.

Unless of course its all about individual perceptions and you clearly may have your own.....

Don't forget to turn your clocks forward tonight, and it seems you might want to go to bed early.

Nice Try....you can't age descriminate and then take the one or two or three that you want to and make them the OK group out of the masses that are denigrated just to fit them into a very differnt mold.

If that is what you fight for then say so, but don't bandwagon about how bad it is to cruise on spring break with 18-20 yer old college kids.

Unless you know for sure and can authenticate that the Marrieds are also a NOT a subset and are NOT college kids...

Nice Try....you can't age descriminate and then take the one or two or three that you want to and make them the OK group out of the masses that are denigrated just to fit them into a very differnt mold.

If that is what you fight for then say so, but don't bandwagon about how bad it is to cruise on spring break with 18-20 yer old college kids.

Unless you know for sure and can authenticate that the Marrieds are also a NOT a subset and are NOT college kids...

They’ve already decided that the married 18-20s are different. They allow them to cruise without a parent or guardian,where others their age cannot.

The listed example was Air Force; willing to give a pass to them since they have better reasons than most for wanting to get married early - but generally, wouldn’t consider getting married at 20 a sign of maturity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Insurance companies do the same thing. Married get cheaper rates for same age, particularly at that age. They're viewed as being more responsible I guess. They must have some numbers to back that up because insurance actuaries are crazy into math and numbers.

I forgot it's 2018 where everyone is offended by every statement. I'll just go ahead and double down on this one. Maybe not every single 20 year old married couple is responsible, but if I were playing the odds, I'd say most married 20 year olds will be more mature than their non married counterparts. It's not "age descrimination" or whatever other PC name you want to give it. It's just using better judgement. So you can say what you want, but a couple on their honeymoon will behave differently than spring breakers.

I forgot it's 2018 where everyone is offended by every statement. I'll just go ahead and double down on this one. Maybe not every single 20 year old married couple is responsible, but if I were playing the odds, I'd say most married 20 year olds will be more mature than their non married counterparts. It's not "age descrimination" or whatever other PC name you want to give it. It's just using better judgement. So you can say what you want, but a couple on their honeymoon will behave differently than spring breakers.

I couldn't have said it any better!!!!

Can we end this "righteous bantering"?? Bottom line NCL can do what they want. If you don't agree with it....so what. You can't change it. Here is a excerpt from their age policy...

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian Cruise Line representative at the pier before embarkation.

Can't be any clearer!!! FYI---- This is standard policy on most if not all cruiselines

I seriously doubt there are many 18 to 20 years olds, and married that are cruising. In fact probably almost none. Add to that the attitude of married versus non married is a bit different. To your question about drinking, yes, they do have to have the permission of an adult to drink.

It isn't discrimination and they can certainly have such a policy and they do for good reason.

The entire point is that the perception of someone in that age bracket is a spring breaker. At this time of year, from what I read here, if most people saw an 18-20 year old with a beer in their hand they would assume they were a spring breaker. They would have no idea if anyone was just married unless it was announced by the individual themselves. They would all just blend in to one judgemental offensive mindset.