Swimming with pigs - White Bay Cay

Hi All,

My wife and I are boarding Anthem of the Seas on the 24th from NYC and looking to plan an excursion to swim with the pigs once in Bahamas! Has anyone done this with a third party provider? Please share if so.

Many thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going to be in Nassau on Oasis and looked into the swimming with the pigs option. Unfortuately, the day in Nassau is so short that the full day excursion wouldn't get us back to the ship in time for departure. I would double and triple check with the cruise's schedule and the excursion provider that they can guarantee your arrival back at the ship in time to depart!

I've done it with Harbour Safaris and had a good time BUT I was on a land-based tour, it's a long way out and I doubt you'd have time to do it on a cruise unless the ship was overnighting. They advertise that it doesn't return until 4:30pm. Well, we had a freak pop-up storm and had to take shelter on shore for a couple of hours (and luckily, the place we docked up was a private resort island that welcomed us to ride their jeep up to the full-service bar) and then were slow getting back, it was after dark and close to 8pm by the time we returned! Evidently this is very rare but things happen.

I'm curious too. Someone on a Disney cruise forum asked about this also and my first thought was "Why would people want to swim with pigs??" I don't get the attraction.

Novelty. Though to be honest, I swam with them for about, oh, three minutes? Until they got near and I realized they were huge. I got back in the boat and fed them from the boat, and the captain brought over some piglets for me to pet, they were very cute. They do look kinda funny paddling around and trolling for food.

Okay, y'all, listen up: Forget Wilber from Charlotte's Web. Forget Babe. Pigs are not 'specially friendly creatures. I certainly wouldn't pay to hang out with them.

Hell that no fury like a sow protecting her babies. And an interesting fact: a piglet picks its teat and always nurses from that one. Pigs are among nature's smartest creatures.

Unless its offered by Royal Caribbean, I don't believe it is possible without some great risks. You can check the ferry schedule here and see if it can be done on the day you are there. http://bahamasferries.com/schedules/ Round trip by itself, is 130/person.

I wouldn’t depend on the ferries no matter what the schedule says. Sometimes the crew decides they’ll be available “maybe tomorrow “.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hi, I too am looking to swim with the pigs, and have done a ton of third party research. Because all the companies tie in other activities, ie snorkeling, iguanas, etc they depart quite early in the morning (8am) and return late (6pm). The trip I'm looking into (Mariner Jan 2019) has the ship in port from 8am-midnight, but I have found only one operator that seems willing to consider me as a passenger. They have a tour that departs at 9am, but if I miss the boat I'm SOL for the tour and my payment. I'm less worried about the end time as I have until midnight, but wish I could find someone to take me to JUST the pigs, I don't need the other stuff! If I had a way of connecting with other passengers I would arrange a private charter, but on my own I can't make it happen. Not sure this was super helpful, but I'm happy to give you the names of all the places I have contacted. Good luck, if you find out anything more promising let me know please!

Hell that no fury like a sow protecting her babies. And an interesting fact: a piglet picks its teat and always nurses from that one. Pigs are among nature's smartest creatures.

Since they're so smart, perhaps they are trained not to relieve themselves in the "no poop, no pee" section of the bay?