Spring Break on Cruise Ships

Beach Life 1

Some of us can't book at other times... but apparently if you book a longer cruise, you won't have as many 'spring breakers' since they book the shorter cruises. Hope that's the case ;)

We are on the Breakaway now on a 7 night cruise and there are LOTS of spring breakers on board. Way more than I expected. We are in the Haven, thank god or I think I might lose it. But seriously, the parents are just as bad. I have seen more than my share of slurring drunk parents dropping their kids off or picking them up at the kids club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Breakaway now on a 7 night cruise and there are LOTS of spring breakers on board. Way more than I expected. We are in the Haven, thank god or I think I might lose it. But seriously, the parents are just as bad. I have seen more than my share of slurring drunk parents dropping their kids off or picking them up at the kids club.

Do you realize how you sound, glad I can go along and get along with anyone.

We typically always cruise during spring break because that's when our kids are off of school. We most always do 7 or 8 night cruises which lessens the spring break crowd. Although, there are college kids on board, it's not the amount you would see on a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise. They really market these shorter all inclusive cruises to colleges.

We typically always cruise during spring break because that's when our kids are off of school. We most always do 7 or 8 night cruises which lessens the spring break crowd. Although, there are college kids on board, it's not the amount you would see on a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise. They really market these shorter all inclusive cruises to colleges.

Yup...Thats what they did to Epic.....Normally a 7 day itinerary....made it into a 3 and 4 day itinerary over college break period. True definition of catering to college break crowd!!

Can someone tell me when Spring Break cruising ends - we are on Epic for 3 nights out of Barcelona to Rome - April 22 - is that Spring Break time still ? I checked dates on the Studentcity website and most seem to be over by early April - just hoping .:cool:

Shouldn't see a lot of US spring break students on a Med cruise. But break runs from late Feb to end of Apr for most schools.

We have cruised several spring breaks due to DW's birthday being during that time. Never really had an issue, not more than we have had with drunk parents and screaming children anyway.

I'll take the party crowd over the screaming crowd and the overprotective crowd.

I guess my question is it really all due to the spring breakers and some drunks or does the ship just seem really crowded or some combo?

Either way, enjoy the rest of your trip.

Yup...Thats what they did to Epic.....Normally a 7 day itinerary....made it into a 3 and 4 day itinerary over college break period. True definition of catering to college break crowd!!

We were on Epic last year third week in March for a 7 day cruise and it was nothing like what I'm hearing about these shorter ones this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Spring Break is the best time of the year to cruise. The ship is lively and festive and you feel like you are on vacation.

And I would totally disagree. It might be lively but it is too lively, the hot tubs are filled with kids, you can hardly walk through the atrium, the bars are crowded, the buffet can be a nightmare, and on and on. For some, they have no choice, but for those who do have a choice, spring break should be left for the very young set and families. There are a lot of ways to have a good time and feel the festivities than fighting for a place near the pool with a bunch of college kids or families with 5 kids. :o

I guess my question is it really all due to the spring breakers and some drunks or does the ship just seem really crowded or some combo?

Either way, enjoy the rest of your trip.

This is our first time on this ship and the only thing we have to compare it to is our 1st cruise on the Oasis. Both were completely sold out cruises. Oasis rarely, if ever, felt crowded and on Breakaway it is hard to escape the crowds. It seems like you are constantly fighting your way through people to get anywhere. Just bad flow I would say. It is so loud everywhere!

The drunks, they are another issue all-together. There are lots of spring breakers on this cruise using all sorts of colorful language without any concern about little kids being around. Look, I am not a prude and swear like a sailor. But I do have respect around kids and families. These young adults couldn’t care less that there are 8 year olds in the elevator with them and they are “f this and f that” on a regular basis.

We are having a great time anyway because let’s face it, we are not at work. I guess there are just way more drunk people than I expected. There are lots of school age kids as well, but to be honest they mostly all much better behaved than the drunk parents and college kids.

The northeast predominantly has spring break the week before or the week after Easter for high school and below. This is done to accommodate Easter and Passover. This year it's the week after Easter or the week of April 1

College spring break begins late feb and ends late march for the most part with some exceptions.

Last week...this week and next week are the height of college spring break which is the main concern regarding drinking and rowdy behavior

High schoolers and young are cruising with their parents for the most part and not large groups of friends. While the ships will still be crowded and loud and to appease the posters here...yes there will be some drunk adults...and yes they may well be the parents of those kids...the demographic between college spring break and high school and under spring break it very different....and separated by several weeks for the most part

Disclaimer: some areas have spring break to coordinate with Patriots Day around April 19 give or take

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cruised during spring break only once on a 7 day cruise - after that we took land vacations with our kids during spring break - now that we're older, we can afford to take longer cruises at off-season times which is a blessing - even without the alcohol package, spring breakers somehow manage to get drunk by smuggling their own and getting trashed and causing the same ruckus others have mentioned here.

I would never cruise during spring break. I have no sympathy for people whose cruise was "ruined" by spring breakers.. just do a tiny bit of research, and avoid booking during spring break. Pretty simple.

Exactly this.

I've read so many bad cruise reviews lately. If you choose to cruise or otherwise vacation during spring break times you need to have REALISTIC expectations. If I booked a resort vacation to Cancun during March I would expect the same issues and problems. Some things are within the cruise lines' control and some things are not.

Exactly this.

I've read so many bad cruise reviews lately. If you choose to cruise or otherwise vacation during spring break times you need to have REALISTIC expectations. If I booked a resort vacation to Cancun during March I would expect the same issues and problems. Some things are within the cruise lines' control and some things are not.

Wife and I are booked on Dawn out of Puerto Rico March 24-31, 2019. Since it is out of Puerto Rico and not the States (Miami/Tampa) I assumed we would have fewer Spring Breakers. Did I make a bad assumption??

Wife and I are booked on Dawn out of Puerto Rico March 24-31, 2019. Since it is out of Puerto Rico and not the States (Miami/Tampa) I assumed we would have fewer Spring Breakers. Did I make a bad assumption??

No, I think you'll be fine. You may have some families but I doubt you'll have a lot of college aged spring breakers.