Found man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas cabin 9329

Let me just say everyone who is attacking the OP are way out of line. RC lost and found is a joke. A few years ago I left a couple of watches on the Allure in the safe. For the first week they said nobody found them. Then after that they called to say they found them and it would be a week before they could get them back to their HQ and their lost and found department. After that they disappeared again and it took months for them to refund me the money. The only refunded me because they admitted to having them in their possession and then losing them. It should be easy for RC to research who was in that cabin prior and make contact with them. I would not send them back to RC as they are no more likely to return them to the owner than you are. Contact RC have them contact the prior guest and research who it belongs to. Then have them put you in contact with the owner. Sending it back to RC will only get it sent to their "lost and found" where the owner will then have to wait for their process to work or not work and then have it sent to them.

If not leaving it in the cabin or handing it to the room steward (who is likely close by), it would have been the right thing to do. Certainly not trying to find the owner themselves.

There have been several posts like this in the past and the conciseness in all of them is that

YOU DON"T TAKE AN ITEM OFF THE SHIP THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!!

You should really put your Morality Police badge as your avatar so everybody knows who they are dealing with on here. And list your squeaky clean record as your signature so everybody knows you are perfect and qualified to pass so much judgement.

Let me just say everyone who is attacking the OP are way out of line. RC lost and found is a joke. A few years ago I left a couple of watches on the Allure in the safe. For the first week they said nobody found them. Then after that they called to say they found them and it would be a week before they could get them back to their HQ and their lost and found department. After that they disappeared again and it took months for them to refund me the money. The only refunded me because they admitted to having them in their possession and then losing them. It should be easy for RC to research who was in that cabin prior and make contact with them. I would not send them back to RC as they are no more likely to return them to the owner than you are. Contact RC have them contact the prior guest and research who it belongs to. Then have them put you in contact with the owner. Sending it back to RC will only get it sent to their "lost and found" where the owner will then have to wait for their process to work or not work and then have it sent to them.

Non of this can happen because Royal or any other line won (and shouldn't) disclose names of passengers to anyone.

Royal will end up with the ring in the end anyway

You should really put your Morality Police badge as your avatar so everybody knows who they are dealing with on here. And list your squeaky clean record as your signature so everybody knows you are perfect and qualified to pass so much judgement.

Whatever

I wouldn't take someone elses property of the ship, period. No one has that right

This exact thing happened to me. I found 3 gold and diamond rings under the front ledge of the safe when I was making sure that I got all my stuff out of the safe. It was at the end of the cruise and we were leaving. I took the rings for safe keeping and phoned royal caribbean when I got home. They located the rightful owner so I authorized Royal to give them my e-mail. I could either mail them to Royal or to the owner. Long story short, they got their rings back and were very pleased that I found them. I am not sure if I did things the right way but in the end everything turned out great.

Didn’t this same topic come up last year.

Iirc the person got a lot of abuse. But I think the ring eventually found its way to the owner.

If I was in that situation I would have handed it to a person as I was leaving the ship. There were plenty of officers standing by the gangway saying goodby ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and there is just as many stories of things of Value making it back to owners from lost and found. Other items will not be saved and have to be thrown away. Stuffed animals, clothes, favorite kids blanket... Royal will not and should not give you another cruise members info to track someone down.

Looks like they take the roll calls off after the sailing....? I could not find it. I'm not savvy at these, I literally just created an account because of this band. Guess I should have just left it in the cabin. :(

Roll Calls for March 4th & 11th

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2332370&highlight=march

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2377980&highlight=march

I can't imagine walking off of the ship with someone's lost item. There are any number of employees you pass on the way out. Royal should not give out personal information about passengers. Anyone who realizes they lost an item will call the ship. The right thing to do when an item is found on the ship is to turn it in to an employee. If I accidentally walked off the ship with somebody's property, I would send it back to Royal.

OP all these nasty replies just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished. For God’s sake people, if he was trying to steal the ring he wouldn’t be on this board advertising for its owner!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Non of this can happen because Royal or any other line won (and shouldn't) disclose names of passengers to anyone.

Royal will end up with the ring in the end anyway

See post below. It absolutely can happen and does if you or the other party authorizes RC to give your info. I would trust somebody who goes through the trouble to locate me than I would a company who receives hundreds of items every week. Sending it back to RC just creates another opportunity for it to get lost.

See post below. It absolutely can happen and does if you or the other party authorizes RC to give your info. I would trust somebody who goes through the trouble to locate me than I would a company who receives hundreds of items every week. Sending it back to RC just creates another opportunity for it to get lost.

That’s right! ☝️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever

I wouldn't take someone elses property of the ship, period. No one has that right

Good for you. Maybe someday the OP will strive to ensure he meets your moral high ground.

In the meantime, there's been a lot of good advice for the OP. Hopefully, they can get the ring back to its owner. I applaud them for the effort and being a good guy.

-germ

Oh my word- the OP didn’t post to brag that he’d paid for his next cruise after pawning the found item! Hopefully whoever is the owner of the ring sees this by chance & the ring gets returned to them. Thanks for trying to do the right thing OP!

WOW. This string certainly verifies why I don't spend much time here, and why certain types of travelers confirm stereotypes. For the original poster, well done. Particularly if you contacted RC and went the extra mile to find and post on boards. The corporate office is much better equipped to get this returned once a sailing is done (yes, I know this from the inside). And I hope I never meet or have to deal with cruisinfanatic, as the lack of courtesy regardless of agreement represents a faction of cruisers that keeps new people away in my experience. Fanatic is defined as "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme..." cause and opinion. Extreme and closed minded...guess the name fits...

^^^

This.

Guest Services! Are you kidding? Who is going to go down there and stand in line with all the people that didn't settle their accounts out or had last minute issues to turn in a found ring?

Security and other crew are standing at the gangway. Two minute tops to give one of them the ring and cabin number.

I think the OP is doing the right thing. My son's wallet got accidentally left behind on our last cruise. Had passports so didn't notice it missing until half way home. Next cruiser found it, took it with him and mailed it back to us! What a genuine saint. Keep trying OP, you will find the owner.

thanks to OP for posting and trying to unite ring with owner.

I understand your decision. You were being called to exit the ship, and you had never been in this situation before, and your mind didn't have hours to ponder and second guess what is the correct action to take. You did what you though was best at the time with very little time to think about it.

I hope you find the owner and I agree with the suggestion to contact RCL and let them know you found this. I wouldn't worry about the roll calls because most people will read the main board anyway.

I wish you and the owner luck.

Security and other crew are standing at the gangway. Two minute tops to give one of them the ring and cabin number.

I am not sure I would just give the ring to an employee on the way off the ship. I would want some paperwork filled out before I turned the ring over to anyone. Not everyone is trust worthy.