Allure of the Seas - When do you get your seapass now

Thanks for your feedback.

I called RCI CA line.

He even checked with his superviser.

He said no to this get your seepass card at your room.

He told me no changes same as always you get your card when you first arive like it has been for years.

If you have verified info on something else it would be good to know.

Have fun.

I was on the ship three weeks ago. Believe the rep or believe me. Your choice.

Previously we have purchased the Coke package as soon as we board the ship. When we did this, they put a little sticker on our card to indicate we had a package. Without the sea pass card to slap the little sticker on, do you now have to wait until you get the card to make the package purchase? Just curious how that would work now. Not sure they still do the sticker, we've pre-purchased the last few times so I may be a bit outdated on the whole process.

Previously we have purchased the Coke package as soon as we board the ship. When we did this, they put a little sticker on our card to indicate we had a package. Without the sea pass card to slap the little sticker on, do you now have to wait until you get the card to make the package purchase? Just curious how that would work now. Not sure they still do the sticker, we've pre-purchased the last few times so I may be a bit outdated on the whole process.

You can make purchases with your SetSail pass.

My family will be on Allure in June. Do you use the printed set sail pass to board the ship when they open the ship for boarding on the first day? On previous cruises, we would all get a seapass card and use that to board the ship.

absolutely I will be on Allure in 18 days and had no idea about this until I read it on the board. great information to know ahead of time

absolutely I will be on Allure in 18 days and had no idea about this until I read it on the board. great information to know ahead of time

On your check-in page, you need to print one set sail pass for each person.

Port Door security and security screening will check it.

MAKE SURE YOU PRINT THE PASS JUST BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Each time you alter your reservation, a sequential number increments on your bar code. If you have an “old” sequence number, the check-in agent will have to reprint it.

Last week, we had uploaded photos. The check-in agent re-took the photos because she could not find the ones we preloaded. May be the new and improved RCCL site ate them.

You have to get your set sail pass stamped. The look for that stamp several times as you get closer to the gangway.

All sail cards were on our door at 1pm. Our bags were actually at our room at 1 pm also.

It is efficient, but not as efficient as the Anthem were the use iPads and rfid readers to check you in.

Current menus and info can be found on our thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on Oasis class you need to print out a “set sail” pass for EACH passenger, not one per stateroom like on other classes of ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is only on Allure, Harmony and soon to be Symphony.

Oasis is still doing it the old way where you get your Seapass cards at checkin and you only print one set sail pass per cabin.

Hi, I have been on several RCL cruises, most recently Allure in 2016. I always check in early, around noon, and get my seapass at checkin. Then I board and the fun has started. I just noticed on my set sail pass that I printed, it says the seapass will be provided in a sealed envelope and attached to my cabin door. The problem is, you normally have to wait when you board early to get to your cabin due to house cleaning. Which I completely understand, but while I wait I want to be able to go grab a few drinks, which requires my seapass. I called RCL customer service, which is really lacking knowledge on many subjects, and I got two different answers. One rep told me, sorry you will not be able to make any purchases until you can get to your cabin. Another rep told me you can use your printed set sail pass to buy drinks until you get your seapass. What the heck is RCL doing? Breaking something that was working great?

Can someone who recently traveled on Allure tell me how this works? I can't imagine you get onboard and they will not allow you to start spending money.

That has been the norm with the "Q" class ships. Use your "Set Sail" pass for all purchases on board prior to receiving your "Sea Pass". A "Sea Pass" will be in a like size envelope by your door and the rest in your cabin.

Don't sweat it.

katiel53, you stated this:

How does the new system help keep cruisers from trying to get into their cabin before they are ready? If anything, people will be wanting to get to their cabin sooner to get their seapass.

My thought is that when we checked in, the agent informed us the Sea Pass would be delivered to our cabin just before the cabin was ready for us to enter. That, to me, told me that it wasn't there when we boarded, so don't waste time trying to get into the cabin to drop things off before they were ready.

You can make purchases with your SetSail pass.

I think the question is if you buy a package after boarding but before getting your seapass how do you get the package sticker on your seapass. My answer is.... I don't know. Maybe go to a bar with proof that you bought a package and they will put a sticker on your seapass?

My thought is that when we checked in, the agent informed us the Sea Pass would be delivered to our cabin just before the cabin was ready for us to enter. That, to me, told me that it wasn't there when we boarded, so don't waste time trying to get into the cabin to drop things off before they were ready.

You can't get into your cabin until the emergency doors on your deck open up, usually by 1 PM.

Does this apply to all classes or just oasis and above will be on adventure in November

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just Oasis and later for now. Adventure is still giving SeaPass cards at the check-in counter.

One seapass will be located outside of your cabin before the cabins are made available so you will be able to get it and get into your cabin as soon as the open up the passageways. Seapasses for all the other people staying in the cabin will be located inside the cabin. The one that is located outside the cabin is inside of a tamper proof envelope (think FedEx type package) so you don't have to worry about someone having use it for anything. You would be able to tell if it was messed with.
Ours last week wasn't sealed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We weren't aware of the new policy on Allure. When we checked in, the nice lady said our cards would be in the room and we could use sea pass for any purchases.

It didn't phase us at all. [emoji16]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app