change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

Was Surf offered on your Cruise Planner at some point? Most all people report only seeing Surf & Stream on the Cruise Planner.

A voom surf package is available as well as surf & stream for the Symphony Ta.

£9.59 per day

Just received a reply to the email I sent to Crown and Anchor UK, looks like they are the first to admit it's true:(

Thank you for contacting Crown and Anchor regarding your Diamond Plus benefits. We hope this email finds you well.

We sincerely apologize but it si true. We will no longer be offering free internet on selected ships. We do not have the list as of yet, but once you are on board it is worth asking if it is still available for you.

These decisions are made by our head office, and we are given the information at a later time. If they are reducing the benefits, it is probably because the Diamond Plus and even diamond classes are becoming really common and crowded on the ships. Again, our apologies for these changes.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Ari Cesar Carlo Martini Acevedo

Crown and Anchor Society | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

Doesn't sound good for future benefits either,

Julie

Sent your reply over to Royal via Facebook.

This is their response......

---------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Caribbean

I'm so sorry for any misinformation provided, Shelton. No changes will be made to Crown & Anchor VOOM benefits. I apologize for the confusion. -Gabbie

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

A voom surf package is available as well as surf & stream for the Symphony Ta.

£9.59 per day

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking the Symphony TA is a special case. I wonder if others who have Symphony booked after the TA are seeing the Surf Only package available?

Royal Caribbean

I'm so sorry for any misinformation provided, Shelton. No changes will be made to Crown & Anchor VOOM benefits. I apologize for the confusion. -Gabbie

Now you just got that poor UK C&A agent in trouble.:eek:

Thanks for the update. I'm thinking the Symphony TA is a special case. I wonder if others who have Symphony booked after the TA are seeing the Surf Only package available?

Probably correct. Mariner 3 day after Symphony has surf and stream only.

Well' date=' this just gives me the kick I needed to start looking at other cruiselines. If they're not loyal to me, why should I be loyal to them? You'd think they'd be adding benefits, not taking them away. They have a lot of ships to fill and there's a lot of competition out there.[/quote']

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

It's not just internet, it's the diminishing benefits over the years.

Royal Caribbean

I am in the UK so can't see the same FB posts that you can (even a link reverts to the UK page). The thing is though, is the person replying to your questions any more likely to be right than the UK C and A office. As usual with RCL, who knows who is telling the truth, we'll just have to wait and see.

To me though, just from the tone of the reply that I received it does sound as though benefit cuts are in the pipeline. I'm guessing from the wording that it was written by someone (probably in Guatemala) whose first language is not English.

Julie

Not that I recall this cruise. I did get a drink package and VOOM on Freedom Presidents Cruise last September and it was only surf. It didn’t include stream. Stream and Surf was available.

I think you might be first poster I saw saying that when buying a VOOM package pre-cruise you got Surf only (even in a combo package) - everyone else reporting got Stream.

I think you might be first poster I saw saying that when buying a VOOM package pre-cruise you got Surf only (even in a combo package) - everyone else reporting got Stream.

This was for cruise in September 2017 likely bought six months early. Put it this way, if it was stream, it sure wasn’t very good. I may have some Speedtest from that cruise. I will look.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is RC decision not D+.

If it happens a lot of great people will be missing from the DL.

I have seen many D+ suggest this on Facebook and here. I think I recall you suggesting they just let the Diamonds use their SeaPass drinks and D+ the lounge. Did you not?

You even mentioned giving them 5 Free drinks on the card to get them out of the lounge.

I have seen many D+ suggest this on Facebook and here. I think I recall you suggesting they just let the Diamonds use their SeaPass drinks and D+ the lounge. Did you not?

You even mentioned giving them 5 Free drinks on the card to get them out of the lounge.

I would probably use the 5 in other bars.

On Allure 2015 and 3 times on Harmony 2016 we sat on Central Park and used our vouchers at Trellis bar during cocktail hours.

That is the way it is pointing unfortunately and the introduction of a SL is a step in that direction.

Maybe the Suite Lounge was at the request of Suite Guest. I think it’s clear many D and D+ have different ideas of the lounge use. Many C&A members treat it as a social lounge while most Suite Guests do not.

I got that on Jewel Ta last April and Harmony Ta.

Last thing I want to do on a cruise is watch a laptop or tablet screen

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Well, it was the most poorly-worded letter to a guest I can imagine! :o

There was also the "on selected ships" comment. Hmmm.... That really doesn't ring true. It suggests that at some time RCL will identify which ships do and which ships don't. Boy, wouldn't that open up a can of worms?

Maybe the Suite Lounge was at the request of Suite Guest. I think it’s clear many D and D+ have different ideas of the lounge use. Many C&A members treat it as a social lounge while most Suite Guests do not.

If i paid the suite price on Oasis class i would want an exclusive Suite lounge too but i still believe a (P, D+ lounge) and a DL should be available because of the high top loyalty numbers now.