Cutbacks are Over - Treats on Symphony

It's been a while since I've cruised but I was glad to see that mints and towel animals have returned to the standard cabins. These were waiting for us after dinner. Hopefully we'll see these return to the rest of the fleet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=418278&stc=1&d=1522590723

1604802268_symphony(6).thumb.jpg.2ced8f7407786049156758e7b1902a79.jpg

pillow.thumb.jpg.0a7f8fcbdec3362283ab2b8b4c970bd3.jpg

I think it'll be to show off the shiny new ship and that they won't be making a permanent return

Enjoy your cruise :)

I was assuming that these changes would have already been rolled out to the other ships

I´ve had towel animals on every single cruise.

The chocolates have been standard on every of the Oasis class for the first few sailings.

No worries, they will disappear. ;)

It's been a long time since we have seen the mints, I'm just glad there back. They wouldn't stop after a few cruises would they?

Towel animals seem to come and go, hopefully they'll continue on all ships?

Do you think this has anything to do with our D+ status?

It's been a long time since we have seen the mints, I'm just glad there back. They wouldn't stop after a few cruises would they?

Towel animals seem to come and go, hopefully they'll continue on all ships?

Do you think this has anything to do with our D+ status?

Nothing to do with your status, just with the ship being showed off.

It´s not a question of they would stop after a few cruises. They definitely will stop after a while. They are certainly not back. I´ve said this above and will repeat, it´s been the same with every new Oasis class ship.

Nothing to do with your status, just with the ship being showed off.

It´s not a question of they would stop after a few cruises. They definitely will stop after a while. They are certainly not back. I´ve said this above and will repeat, it´s been the same with every new Oasis class ship.

I know this isn't true. We spent a lot of time on Oasis and mints and towel animals were standard for a long time. Not just to show off a new ship.

I know this isn't true. We spent a lot of time on Oasis and mints and towel animals were standard for a long time. Not just to show off a new ship.

And then they stopped.

"Cutbacks are over"? Lol I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the towel animals.... I've never NOT had towel animals on a cruise. I've been cruising for over 10 years and 8 cruises in the last 2, and had towel animals on every one.

As far as the mints... I've really NEVER understood the fascination people have with a 5 cent mint, and the amount of talk and attention that people give it. To each their own I guess, but it simply amazes me. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Towel animals seem to disappear each time RCL want more profit. It reduces the amount of towels they need to have on board and wash. The last time we had them, they were small, made from hand towels not larger ones

Everyone needs a mint before bed. I've seen the stateroom attendants count them out because they track every mint.

People, I'm here to tell you that I am Diamond, sailed on Oasis a few weeks ago, and NO MINTS, NO CANDY on the pillows.

Well maybe we're starting to figure it out. It must be the D+ status. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've had mints every time since we got to D+.

Towel animals seem to disappear each time RCL want more profit. It reduces the amount of towels they need to have on board and wash. The last time we had them, they were small, made from hand towels not larger ones

Everyone needs a mint before bed. I've seen the stateroom attendants count them out because they track every mint.

Nothing to do with "Diamond" status. I've sailed 30+ yrs on Royal, never not had Towel Animals. As others point out new Oasis ships have chocolates then after few cruises no more...