Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

I don't find any way to request a chat on the new site, but on both the new and old sites there is a "Contact Us" link near the bottom of the home page that gives various phone numbers and the ability to send an email. On the new site that link is

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/contact-us.html

On the old site it is

https://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Preface.action

Edited by catl331

I see "Chat" -- I clicked on it -- wants your name, etc. If I want to talk to someone, I can hit the "chat now" link.

I am frused with HAL's techies, tired of was ting my energy and getting annoye.d I exit the site and often choose to not return.

I don't find any way to request a chat on the new site, but on both the new and old sites there is a "Contact Us" link near the bottom of the home page that gives various phone numbers and the ability to send an email. On the new site that link is

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/contact-us.html

I clicked this link and still did not see Mariners though I saw tther contacts.

just called Mariner Society-- said the new HAL site was tested before going online after I asked about it -- until it went online then it lost everything..-- I kid you not... who does these things.. now I see why HAL is going downhill fast ..sad .. as I've always said in the past-- you can thank Orlando and his merry crew for it :(

just called Mariner Society-- said the new HAL site was tested before going online after I asked about it -- until it went online then it lost everything..-- I kid you not... who does these things.. now I see why HAL is going downhill fast ..sad .. as I've always said in the past-- you can thank Orlando and his merry crew for it :(

That web site says nothing good about HAL They would do well o t take it down completely until they can get some competent people to improve it. the ones they have now are making HAL look VERY bad, IMO

Its ' embarassing not to mention frustrating to try and use.

Haphazard is right! This is an embarrassment. If they wanted to have a public test, they could have sent an email to past cruisers inviting them to sign up to test the website and give feedback.

They would have to offer me 50% off my next cruise to coax me back to that web site :eek: :D

I just checked the (old version) the website for my history and status and had no problem. Hope that means that all is well.

I hope iy really is working well for you..... Gives the rest of us hope

May be for you, it is all well, but cetainly was /is not for me

Here is the official response to my emailed complaint to HAL about the new website: it is all there in words; but nothing in action. This is a very regrettable turn of events for HAL - our good sturdy, reliable solid cruise line experience. The last line is an insult.

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding our new website.

We thank you for taking the time to write to us! Our guests' honest opinions are highly valued and sought after. We will be more than happy to pass your words on to our web development team for future review.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us at 800-426-0327. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future. We are confident our Signature of Excellence will surpass your expectations.

Wow zie

Thank you for posting this . It has made up my mind I will not waste any more of my energy on that web site and wouldn't bother to let HAL know what I think of it. IF they don't know by now how awful it is, my telling them will make no impact. :D

They are without any question losing bookings each day that web site stays there taking up other wise useful bandwidth.

Surely enough have told them how bad it is.

i would hit 'reply if they sent that e mail to me and then in Giant lettters would write ' RETURN TO SENDER

I agree with you, HAL doesn't listen to it's guests honest opinions. Will they ever learn??

Allan

They only want to hear praise. No one can tell us they are not aware how uesless that web site is. BUT they have yet to make any visible attempt at getting it improved. that I can see.

I have been on the website today using my iPad and I am not having any issues. What is going on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might be still getting the old website. I am. (At least, I assume I am, since I am still managing ;) ) It seems to depend on the search engine and cookies (just a guess, I am not a techie)