Coastal kitchen vs specialty dining

We are traveling on Oasis in a grand suite. I am thinking of doing one evening at a specialty restaurant but have heard that coastal kitchen has food that surpasses many of the specialty dining options. Is there a specialty restaurant that out does coastal kitchen?

Depending on your preferences CK will surpass Sabor and Johnny Rockets but I would not say that it surpasses the other specialty restaurants. It is however included with the price of your cabin, which is an advantage.

We find the CK to be a much smaller MDR to which you get the individual service, hot food, and less noise that the MDR. Some might say it was like what the MDR used to be like. From what I have seem smart casual seems to be the main attire as well.

We did CK most nights on our Anthem cruise and it definitely far surpassed the MDR in every-day meals. However some of the Specialty dining on Anthem (like Wonderland for example) provided an overall different experience and was both memorable and a lot of fun. It just depends what you are looking for in your meal experience.

We are traveling on Oasis in a grand suite. I am thinking of doing one evening at a specialty restaurant but have heard that coastal kitchen has food that surpasses many of the specialty dining options. Is there a specialty restaurant that out does coastal kitchen?

We ate at CK several nights last year on oasis. We did like 150 CP. We found chops and Giovanni’s to be very crowded and it felt like the tables were very tightly spaced and depending on where you are sitting you are staring at a wall. Given the nature of the spaces it was very loud whereas 150 CP was much less crowded and therefore more relaxing. CK has the best views and we found the food and service to be very good. To me it isn’t worth paying 100 per couple to do a specialty restaurant when CK is included in your suite price. If you get a discount or a package then maybe it is worth it.

CK is nice as are the speciality restaurants. Different menu choices would be a reason to try more than one venue. I wouldn't say one is better than another.

I found Giovanni's a busy restaurant. Great if you like that kind of atmosphere. CK had a more relaxed ambience.

Depending on your preferences CK will surpass Sabor and Johnny Rockets but I would not say that it surpasses the other specialty restaurants. It is however included with the price of your cabin, which is an advantage.

We find the CK to be a much smaller MDR to which you get the individual service, hot food, and less noise that the MDR. Some might say it was like what the MDR used to be like. From what I have seem smart casual seems to be the main attire as well.

Is smart casual attire okay for formal nights in CK?

We ate exclusively in CK when we upgraded to a CL suite. I wasn't blown away by the menus, but the food was well-presented and had decent taste. The specialities probably had a bit more variety of things I'd choose to eat, but CK was certainly a nice experience.