Southampton to Heathrow?

wwwfla

Look at londontoolkit.com for transportation & tour information. We took the tour bus to Salisbury , Stonehenge & Windsor Castle. The bus then made 2 drops, central London hotels or Heathrow airport, obviously for a later flight.

Of course you can also get info on ride services or bus transfers to Heathrow. It is a great website for all things London.

We have used Smiths for Airports and were very pleased. They provided a private car service for transport from the Southhampton cruise terminal to Heathrow, and were surprisingly inexpensive for just two people.
I'll be using Smiths for the first time in a few weeks. With a late afternoon flight to Boston I'm having them make a stop at Stonehenge.

I'll be using Smiths for the first time in a few weeks. With a late afternoon flight to Boston I'm having them make a stop at Stonehenge.

How long is your stop at Stonehenge? We’re using them in June for a later flight, and hadn’t thought to ask about time/cost for stops en route:)

Thank you for the prompt and informative responses. Trying to see if a 12:30 pm flight is possible.

The route should take between 1 hr 15 and 1hr 30 BUT traffic around that area is very difficult to predict. If there are any hold ups you could be very late. Personally I wouldn't risk a flight that early. Being from the UK I know how awful some of our motorways can be !

National Express bus from Southampton to LHR is the cheapest way to get there. Short taxi ride( 5 minutes) to bus terminal in Southampton and express bus to airport( 1.5 hours). Buy tickets early for best rates. Discounts for seniors. Good for flights after noon.

Thank you for the prompt and informative responses. Trying to see if a 12:30 pm flight is possible.

Bit dicey if its through the week, but if you are getting off on a Saturday or Sunday and do 'walk off' you should be OK. In case Smiths can't help, http://westquaycars.com/ also offer an excellent service and are regularly used by CCer's.

Simon

We used the National Bus service from Heathrow to Southampton and back. It was cheaper and relatively quick. I remember only one stop between, and it was quick. The bus has free internet and very comfortable - it isn’t US buses - European style, much as we take on tours. You can get tickets on line here in the US.

We also used Smith’s and it was fine.

Don’t recommend the Ship’s transfer from Southampton to Heathrow. Our bus driver got to some Heathrow entry which was blocked and had been for a number of years (Fence/trash/etc) and they wait until they get a full bus load, and it is expensive per person.

Den

Thanks we are looking at a Saturday 6 am ship arrival time.

We used the National Bus service from Heathrow to Southampton and back. It was cheaper and relatively quick. I remember only one stop between, and it was quick. The bus has free internet and very comfortable - it isn’t US buses - European style, much as we take on tours. You can get tickets on line here in the US.

We also used Smith’s and it was fine.

Don’t recommend the Ship’s transfer from Southampton to Heathrow. Our bus driver got to some Heathrow entry which was blocked and had been for a number of years (Fence/trash/etc) and they wait until they get a full bus load, and it is expensive per person.

Den

Natiional Express coaches are excellent, but probably a bit tight timewise in this case.

6am docking means walk off about 7am. After passing through customs (probably none) and immigration (much faster than USA!) you should be leaving well before 8am, so get to Heathrow by 10am, probably a lot earlier. Shouldn't be a problem for a 12.30 flight, especially if you can do online checkin the night before. Let the car company know what you want to do and they will advise...they know what they're doing!

Simon

Natiional Express coaches are excellent, but probably a bit tight timewise in this case.

6am docking means walk off about 7am. After passing through customs (probably none) and immigration (much faster than USA!) you should be leaving well before 8am, so get to Heathrow by 10am, probably a lot earlier. Shouldn't be a problem for a 12.30 flight, especially if you can do online checkin the night before. Let the car company know what you want to do and they will advise...they know what they're doing!

Simon

Good point!

Den

Hi, Silkroad,

We booked Smith's from Southhampton to Heathrow on August 4,2018 with sops at Stonehenge and Salisbury> the cost is 210 Pounds. Our flight back to the US is at 7:30 PM. We also booked them from Heathrow to London and London to Southhampton. They were highly recommended. I hope this helps.

Helen

How long is your stop at Stonehenge? We’re using them in June for a later flight, and hadn’t thought to ask about time/cost for stops en route:)
for a car from the pied at Southampton to London-Gatwick airport with a 1 hour stop at Stonehenge it will be 149 pounds + 3 pounds for expenses (?Parking).

What is the most efficient way after leaving the ship?

Thank you!

We used Lionheart Travel which is an Executive Salon Chauffeur Service. They will pick you up in the Southampton terminal and take you to your destination in London or Heathrow. They will take you on a sightseeing trip of your choice enroute to your destination for no additional cost.

Den

Thanks for this information, Denny. We’ve used a Celebrity transfer only once (on our first cruise in 2006) and we were quite unimpressed. I’d wondered if they’d improved. Based on your experience, they haven’t;)

-Michelle

Hi, Silkroad,

We booked Smith's from Southhampton to Heathrow on August 4,2018 with sops at Stonehenge and Salisbury> the cost is 210 Pounds. Our flight back to the US is at 7:30 PM. We also booked them from Heathrow to London and London to Southhampton. They were highly recommended. I hope this helps.

Helen

Thanks Helen. Our flight is a couple hours before yours, but we’d still have time to visit at least one place on the way. I’ll contact Smith’s to check options. - Michelle

for a car from the pied at Southampton to London-Gatwick airport with a 1 hour stop at Stonehenge it will be 149 pounds + 3 pounds for expenses (?Parking).

Thanks for the information, Ox Fan Cruiser. We were also quoted 3 pounds for parking at the dock. I’ll contact Smith’s about a stop on the way to LHR. We didn’t book the early flight because we weren’t sure we’d have enough time to make it, and our only other nonstop flight choice was late afternoon. I’d rather visit Stonehenge than spend an extra hour at LHR;) -Michelle

We are using Smiths In July for a port to Heathrow transfers for a 12:30 flight. They are scheduled to pick us up at 8:30. We have actually had a slightly earlier flight than this before and didn't have a problem.

We are also using them for a transfer into London from Heathrow and then again a few days later for a transfer to the port.