LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Z, I am enthralled by your post about Cabo. We have wanted to visit there for a long time. I see that you had margaritas - where did you have them (the coaster look like it was a place called Cabo Wabo? Any recommendations for when we are there next year? We remain very excited for this port and won't waste our time with excursions ....... just want to experience the city!

P.S. Wes - not sure if your horse backing riding excursion includes the horses going into the water but if it does, we did a similar excursion in the Caribbean and my horse decide to pee in the ocean. Quite an interesting experience.

You are correct if you add ice and blend it. But, damn, is it good.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesssss ! Delicious 😋 remember when I served you two the same concoction over vanilla ice cream?

Just wish there wasn’t so much sugar. A yummy treat for sure!

Agree, Cabo is one of our favorite spots in Mexico..

Warm with low humidity, perfect! Looks like you had perfect weather!

Continue to have a blast!

K

Z, I am enthralled by your post about Cabo. We have wanted to visit there for a long time. I see that you had margaritas - where did you have them (the coaster look like it was a place called Cabo Wabo? Any recommendations for when we are there next year? We remain very excited for this port and won't waste our time with excursions ....... just want to experience the city!

P.S. Wes - not sure if your horse backing riding excursion includes the horses going into the water but if it does, we did a similar excursion in the Caribbean and my horse decide to pee in the ocean. Quite an interesting experience.

Remember, the ocean is just fish pee.

Part I

Good Morning! Had a bad night’s sleep due to something banging around in the room. I couldn’t get myself to get up and stow or close it. Now I am borderline cranky.

Anyways, yesterday was the best day we’ve had so far. With perfect weather and not a cloud in the sky. It was drop dead gorgeous.

We were not the only ship in town with Holland America showing up with this monstrosity.

dec68b427566beb9f5343ec06f4fdb49.jpg

And here is our beauty:

adf7dcf952a5ac3585e9036d0c723c0b.jpg

Cabo San Lucas (CSL) is a tender port so we arrived at the marina and hopped onto a catamaran for our Land’s end and highlights tour.

8f95c3aaeff785ed7e14b94534b75041.jpg

We headed out to the southernmost point of the Baja California peninsula and rounded it.

3f20580dc4e2e862928cd474ffc9e25c.jpg

We saw seal, dolphins, and sea lions who seemed to strike a pose for us. The scenery was incredibly beautiful and we felt very special to be able to experience it.

18fbaf079d1e0e2b00f7d6b634b49f9f.jpg

4b3ecd5f67d5ae116a50625da74b79c0.jpg

Z and TB

Part II

Our land portion included a stop at a glass blowing factory/store where we purchased a glass hummingbird similar to the one demonstrated by the craftsmen.

1784b8cf3355008066dc3c405f6564c8.jpg

Next, we next went to a scenic lookout to look back at CSL and its cliffs. We were also given a courtesy drink and enjoyed the view:

fa2eb9eb6ccb9106632799509e6e4ae9.jpg

Finally, we went to the quaint city center of its sister city, San Jose del Cabo, which is just as picturesque. Here we jumped ship and took off on our own for some bling shopping (TB) and T shirt (me). We also had an octopus ceviche with a margarita which were both excellent.

cb49a3194036d69ed3465861bb4808e4.jpg

When we returned to CSL, we decided to walk around the port...

6d3b95e02e3e07ed8749017a6ffa7e50.jpg

683a3327c32316e6462acdf0f630e9b0.jpg

...and ended up in Cabo Wabo for another margarita which was ok and a plate of beef tacos. Diet be damned.

4551311f74c8b8725edd69e1f103dd31.jpg

Jacqui: I got a local to recommend Captain Tony’s as having the best margarita along the marina.

Z and TB

Part III

As we tendered back we had the obligatory missed photo opportunity when a seal hopped onto the back of a passing boat scaring the two passengers. But it was something like this (stock photo from the internet):

cbb930c149c5d1c87331f34faafd44ff.jpeg

b78e36c07cee3154158eb1979a8dbd41.jpg

We finished our tour with a visit to the pool bar for one more drink. BTW, we had tequila, beer, bourbon, wine, kahlua, vodka, and baileys today. Makes me sound like a closet alchie.

Next to the pool bar, there is a chart with our entire route and listing our ports of call:

ec23dbf38c6497c7c7b6041f24e68d37.jpg

Sail away gave us another opportunity to see the cliffs one more time as we head out to San Diego.

30c2e7ec0932610741828393f9cd8772.jpg

2a645c1da52e0f21b5c316cdd8d72641.jpg

Overall, it was a great day. We were so impressed with CSL that we are going to see if we can use our time share so we can return and explore CSL.

Z and TB

Part IV

Dinner was again in Compass Rose. We are usually seated in table three or five by Oana (left) who’s is just wonderful.

532513428cb8d7adbbaf2331ff9b76f0.jpg

This table provides us with a great view of the sea:

0fad35539c6876d560610657c9a84b87.jpg

As The Boss ponders the mysteries of life:

d255a0c4e9c8b17644b07110fa2f3f58.jpg

I had the Osso Buco and The Boss had another steak.

69d4f778be62bc8e7d958d3702bee841.jpg

This was followed by my daily medicine:

0039d438f5f3055d86dd4d839da6dea7.jpg

Today is another sea day followed by San Diego and another sea day. We are slowly winding down.

Z and TB

Roberto & Pam; thanks for the exceptional recommendation for Cabo--we arrive there on the Mariner Oct 23rd (belive our TA will join in Cabo to San Diego). We r doing the beach horseback ride.

I spoke with a couple last night who did the horseback ride tour and thoroughly enjoyed it although the husband said he was a little skittish about riding a horse. However, that was because of lack of experience on his behalf. You should have a great time. I picture you riding on the surf with an open shirt and hair flowing like Fabio.

Z and TB

We did that same tour in Cabo last year and enjoyed it as well. I think the seal is trained though. He did the same thing on our boat, and my husband was there fishing the year before, and he did the same thing then. He is just a big moocher.

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful photos of Cabo as well as the recommendation of where to go for a good margarita. I'm going to write it down so that we can visit there next year.

The beef tacos is a good reason to cheat a bit on your diet but that Baileys in your drink is mega calories. Did you have a headache after having so many yummy drinks?

Rachel - you're right and if I think about everything that is in the ocean I would likely never step foot in it again. When we are there I'll be on the lookout for the seal.

Your day in Cabo gives me hope! When we were there on the Mariner in 2005 we took a similar tour to yours - the boat around the arches etc. It was dreadful. Started out with the fellow making jokes about where the life vests were - saying things like "we don't have one for each of you - you have to fight for them" etc. We had been promised a tour from the sea of the homes near the water in Cabo - didn't get that. Trip was supposed to be 2 1/2 hrs on the boat - was about an hour. Anyway I complained to Destination Services when we returned - in writing - and said I thought the cruise was unsafe. Next day got a reply from the GM - they had checked with the Regent person who was on my tour who confirmed everything I had said. GM said they would not use that company again. I felt robbed and would love to do this boat ride. With "serious" organisers... and now I think I can! Thanks!! (Not sure about consuming as many different kinds of drinks though. Just a good margarita would suit me fine.)

Your photos, as usual, are wonderful. Such a pleasure to see. Thanks! Gerry

Your day in Cabo gives me hope! When we were there on the Mariner in 2005 we took a similar tour to yours - the boat around the arches etc. It was dreadful. Started out with the fellow making jokes about where the life vests were - saying things like "we don't have one for each of you - you have to fight for them" etc. We had been promised a tour from the sea of the homes near the water in Cabo - didn't get that. Trip was supposed to be 2 1/2 hrs on the boat - was about an hour. Anyway I complained to Destination Services when we returned - in writing - and said I thought the cruise was unsafe. Next day got a reply from the GM - they had checked with the Regent person who was on my tour who confirmed everything I had said. GM said they would not use that company again. I felt robbed and would love to do this boat ride. With "serious" organisers... and now I think I can! Thanks!! (Not sure about consuming as many different kinds of drinks though. Just a good margarita would suit me fine.)

It is very encouraging to know that at least sometimes, our complaints are actually taken seriously and acted upon.

This is a good lesson that when things are not right, it pays to speak up!

I picture you riding on the surf with an open shirt and hair flowing like Fabio.

Wes,

I think I speak for many of us when I say that we are looking forward to seeing that photo!:D

Z, I see that you had margaritas - where did you have them (the coaster look like it was a place called Cabo Wabo?

If you don't know about Cabo Wabo, it was started a fair number of years ago by a Van Halen member named Sammy Hagar. We were in Cabo San Lucas last year on the Explorer but did not go ashore, so don't know how the margaritas are these days.

Thanks for all of the photos and discussion of your tour in Cabo. We will be doing the same tour when we will be on the Mariner in October. Hope springs eternal that we have the same weather. I made special note of the place with the bestMargaritas in town. Wish I could be there tomorrow.

You are doing a great job reporting from the Mariner, and it sounds like a great cruise and a fun time had by all. You all also have great taste in food, and we are carnivores at heart. The steaks all look yummy.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

Z and TB

If you don't know about Cabo Wabo, it was started a fair number of years ago by a Van Halen member named Sammy Hagar. We were in Cabo San Lucas last year on the Explorer but did not go ashore, so don't know how the margaritas are these days.

I had a classic margarita that was quite good, but it was the way I prefer them to be: on the sour side. On the plus side, it was two for one so I was given two of them. Bonus.

Z and TB

I had a classic margarita that was quite good, but it was the way I prefer them to be: on the sour side. On the plus side, it was two for one so I was given two of them. Bonus.

Z and TB

Do you remember what time of the day you went there (i.e. was it Happy Hour)? Sounds very yummy!

Do you remember what time of the day you went there (i.e. was it Happy Hour)? Sounds very yummy!

We were there around twoish. I guess they run an extended happy hour. Also, Cabo Wabo is a couple of blocks off the marina about a ten minute walk from the tender.

Z and TB

Good Morning! We are finally in the land of the big BX (obscure reference to being back stateside-military guys will know what this means). After freezing to death yesterday, I will be heading out to the nearest mall for some warmer clothes.

I know what you are thinking: what kind of a moron goes on a cruise that ends in SFO and only brings tropical clothes? Well that would be this moron.

Yesterday the temperature was in the 60s with a strong head wind of about 45 knots. It was damn cold. I had to cancel our walking, swimming, and pool bar appointment.

We spent the day looking at the sea and reading and napping. Awesome.

Dinner was an invite by some friends to Prime 7 where this lovely couple graciously bought a bottle of premium wine only to have to watch me top it over. Bacchus has his sense of humor because the only one who had wine spilled on them was me. Needless to say, I did the walk of shame from the restaurant, past the Mariner Lounge, and have everyone staring at the soaking wet dude (“poor bastard can’t hold his liquor), to get changed into dry clothes. I bounced back immediately and had a great NY strip.

BTW, there was a glitch in our reservation and I was told that Prime 7 could not accommodate us. Jamal (Maitre d’) got into action and pulled some magic. He actually brought in a table from Compass Rose and squeezed it into the restaurant. His response was that it was the right thing to do. Way above and beyond.

Z and TB