LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Guess that I won't be having a margarita in Acapulco! Or, it could be because they were "free". Have you ever tasted the "free" drink that you are given in the Barcardi factory in Puerto Rico? I hate throwing away booze but could not drink it!

Have to ask about the transportation that you had for this excursion. Reports on the other thread indicate a van in extremely poor condition. Were you guys in a bus, van or ???

Love the sunrise!

I’m sure that there must be some awesome margaritas is town. It was just the freebies that sucked. Our tour was in a large bus which, ironically, was one of the nicer ones so far in this cruise. Just goes to show you that there are definitely some inconsistencies.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the Bacardi comments, never, ever drink it because it tastes as if you are biting into a two by four. No self-respecting Puerto Rican like me would be caught dead drinking it. If you have to mix rum with coke I recommend Don Q any day, any time, any where.

Z and TB

Actually, this cruise is known as the Margarita cruise by the bartenders. It seems that most of the guests onboard had their first margarita on Noah’s Ark and have been drinking them ever since.

We were given free margaritas yesterday by the hotel where we saw the cliff divers and at the jewelry store and both were awful. Even with my low standards, I couldn’t drink them.

Z and TB

Best margaritas in the Mariner lounge nearly every night before dinner. On the rocks, no salt with Patron. Is Grace still onboard? She was a delight in CC in the morning and Mariner Lounge in the evening.

Best margaritas in the Mariner lounge nearly every night before dinner. On the rocks, no salt with Patron. Is Grace still onboard? She was a delight in CC in the morning and Mariner Lounge in the evening.

My tequila drink of choice on Regent is a Mexican Butterfly made with Patron or Don Julio. We don't drink rum much due to the amount of sugar (that gives us headaches) but do love tropical drinks (Mai Tai, Scorpion, etc.)

In regards to the Bacardi comments, never, ever drink it because it tastes as if you are biting into a two by four. No self-respecting Puerto Rican like me would be caught dead drinking it. If you have to mix rum with coke I recommend Don Q any day, any time, any where.

Z and TB

:D:D:D

My good friend Z is correct. He has had it any time, and everywhere. Bacardi is for rum virgins. In January, Z and I put a hurtin on some Zacapa 23 yr old. Also, from Guyana, El Dorado, both the 15 yr old, but especially the 21 yr old are excellent : the Cognac of the Caribbean......best served neat in a cognac snifter. Mother's Milk :whiskey-glass:. Also makes a very fine breakfast drink.

I do admit, however that I was very surprised to find that Senor Z kept his DonQ rum, while on our Med cruise in 2010, in his underwear drawer in his cabin. Very peculiar.

K

I did the Bacardi Rum tour years ago and if it was free I drank the samples :-) But the only rum from PR that does itself any real honor is Appleton Estate. This is decent rum that can be sipped liked a decent bourbon.

I did the Bacardi Rum tour years ago and if it was free I drank the samples :-) But the only rum from PR that does itself any real honor is Appleton Estate. This is decent rum that can be sipped liked a decent bourbon.

Appleton Estate is from Jamaica.

For a good Margarita, ask Inna At the pool bar or any other bartender to make you their version of a Margarita and you will be surprised how much better it is than the Regent approved version. Same goes for a Bloody Mary.

Z and TB

Good Morning! Yesterday was a perfectly glorious day full of sunshine and a nice cooling breeze. I was in such a great mood that I convened the Margarita and Bloody Mary Society for an emergency session with two perfect Margaritas made by Inna. In the meantime, the Boss walked for 75 minutes while I rested since I have a blister boo boo.

We had lunch at the Veranda which included their wonderful prime rib and salad.

At three PM we participated in our first Country Fair and had a blast. Since each booth is sponsored by a different crew department with housekeeping winning bragging rights. I never saw The Boss shake her money maker like she did in the housekeeping booth. It was a great time held under great weather.

f9b24642f084a09e125958aa216f1e24.jpg

Elvis is in the house:

0a66084eb5a95adb3eca634cf8636b4a.jpg

0b83a38b1cb5bbe053dd8541e7db0b4e.jpg

Dinner was at Prime 7 in a six top table which we shared with two other wonderful couples. However, the porterhouse was thin as a piece of paper and definitely not 18 ounces. The Boss had a a beautiful New York strip steak that was perfect. I let Jamil, the Maite d, but decided to not get another steak since I did not want to wait. My anorexic steak;

39d5760cbaa264162a6ee88c1ecde94f.jpg

The Boss’ thick NY strip:

b94301603ddb34a94c3de000c0256ae6.jpg

Today we are docked in Mazatlan and are debating wether to do the walking tour (boo boo) or just go into town and get a drink. Tough decision.

Z and TB

For a good Margarita, ask Inna At the pool bar or any other bartender to make you their version of a Margarita and you will be surprised how much better it is than the Regent approved version. Same goes for a Bloody Mary.

Z and TB

One drink I recommend is a Cy Cy Old Fashioned; much better than standard recipe.

Awww..... A MBM society meeting and we weren't there.....aw geez! I hope you had one for us....after all we're charter members!

The county fair looked great as usual....adorable picture of TB.

Your steak was.....ugh, less than beautiful....We had some misses in Prime 7 as well, when we did the Amazon.....however we most certainly survived....

Continue to enjoy the last of it!

L&J

One drink I recommend is a Cy Cy Old Fashioned; much better than standard recipe.

Marq: I followed your lead. Nice choice:

8cbc13fa13ed2087f7cfede4a9cdea8a.jpg

Z and TB

Marq: I followed your lead. Nice choice:

8cbc13fa13ed2087f7cfede4a9cdea8a.jpg

Z and TB

I am real jealous; I did not know that Cy Cy was now on Mariner. Please say hi to her from Marc (Johnnie Black) and Arlene (Hugo). We spent 63 nights on Voyager with her and all of her whisky, cognac, and vodka tastings; she even made my very first martini.

thanks,

Marc

PS I am currently sipping a Johnnie Black; alas I am on land and I had to make my own drink.

Good Morning! How many cliff divers are there in Mexico? Apparently not just in Acapulco. We had a walking tour of old Mazatlan that also included cliff divers. So we opted out of that portion (been there, done that and got the pics). However the city walk and the opera house portions were stunning.

9a42bd3d357382f02c9c559b9b315f52.jpg

fbecf9f34ee72f3e605ac6fb748961f8.jpg9fff6aea04bd57925df63672ed80c8ed.jpg

I have a great video of a local gentleman singing O Sole Mío outside of the opera house.

We have been lucky to have great weather in all our tours. However, for whatever reason I was beat and ended up falling asleep whenever we sat down. After returning to the ship, we had lunch and both took a three hour nap. Morpheus grabbed me by my shoulders and wouldn’t let go until four PM.

Feeling refreshed, we got dressed hit the Mariner lounge for happy hour and had another superb dinner at Compass Rose. We each had the same being tiger prawns, anchovy soup, salad, and NY strip with lobster tail and Brussels sprouts.

da96d7187aea4f6d98760c7955820f5d.jpg

We ate like little piggies getting ready for market.

I am hooked on my after dinner drink made by Ruslan or Catalin, vodka, kahlua, and baileys. Will try to post a pic of it later.

Z and TB

I am real jealous; I did not know that Cy Cy was now on Mariner. Please say hi to her from Marc (Johnnie Black) and Arlene (Hugo). We spent 63 nights on Voyager with her and all of her whisky, cognac, and vodka tastings; she even made my very first martini.

thanks,

Marc

PS I am currently sipping a Johnnie Black; alas I am on land and I had to make my own drink.

Marc: please accept my apologies. I thought you meant CC as in Canadian Club and not a person. Cy Cy is not onboard. Sorry for the mixup.

Z and TB

Was it a typo or did you really have anchovy soup? Sounds a bit strange!

Oops. It was artichoke soup and it was delicious. Sorry.

Z and TB

If you have never been to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico sell the house, give away the car, have Granma pick up the kids and come see it. It is drop dead gorgeous and the weather is perfect.

2529f4043d59a0c07fa509e66e31743b.jpg

And

e756362d840f25c515e4739f56c2e33e.jpg

Of course my views are altered by:

9f57ba25c65b0886f2d212d1657f1e31.jpg

And

898f8cedaa26540ab55bd733d3f0bca8.jpg

Best day ever.

Z and TB

Roberto & Pam; thanks for the exceptional recommendation for Cabo--we arrive there on the Mariner Oct 23rd (belive our TA will join in Cabo to San Diego). We r doing the beach horseback ride.