LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Whoa wait a minute. I’m not ready to say goodby yet. We have one more daily update to do before our goodbyes. In the meantime, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. We also look forward to sailing with our cruise family in the future.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa wait a minute. I’m not ready to say goodby yet. We have one more daily update to do before our goodbyes. In the meantime, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. We also look forward to sailing with our cruise family in the future.

Z and TB

Well, I won't put my Chuckle Meter away just yet, then!

GOARMY:

You are correct by stating it as PX except for us Air Force types who are used to the Base Exchange or BX Lol.

Z and TB

Point of order, for real Sea Going types (USCG, USN, USMC), it's a Package Store.

Semper Paratus! :)

We only ate once in Chartreux and had the best lamb chops during the cruise. The cream of artichoke soup is a must have as well as the escargot.]

We're curious how they prepare the escargot these days? Burgundy, garlic butter or ??

They were prepared in garlic butter and were awesome!

Z and TB

Well, after approximately 5000 miles, we are at an end of this incredible journey.

We spent the day yesterday freezing off the coast of California sort of just lounging around and saying goodbyes.

Our last dinner was one of our most memorable ones as we scored a last minute table at Prime 7 and it was one great meal. We had the amazing crab cakes, salad, and TB had the NY Strip while I had the veal chop with a small portion of king crab legs.

29e4c525a9e2d971a14413574a3b5747.jpg

In the middle of dinner the sommelier brought me a glass of wine courtesy of Jennifer one of our cruise friends. The catch was that the bottle cost 750 bucks!

bc29258bdb547de37de9aa9f1f7ca7b3.jpg

We are now getting ready to have breakfast and disembark. This is always a sad time for us but we look forward to the next four Regent cruises we have booked.

Thank you all for being part of our journey.

That’s all folks!

a41f6372f69f086bec39401fe96c0aa1.jpg

Z and TB

• Like 1

We are currently at the airport waiting for our flight and having one last bowl of SFO’s famous chowder. Thanks everyone for their well wishes. 0184ed31c6a4fb9ac0afe90b8bb2d2fb.jpg

Z and TB

Woogie: we would love to join yous except for one tiny little thing that gets in the way: work. :).

Z and TB

Tell them that you will work from the ship:halo:

Miss your posts already.

We are back into our routine and are already into withdrawal. The Boss refuses to print me a dinner menu, will not pick up the towels from the bathroom floor, or give me a noon update. However, she offered me a one way included excursion out the door. She gave me “the look” that puts me in panic mode after I tried to send dinner back because it was a little cold and asked for a side dish of scallops.

This particular cruise was better than most in that it had a good combination of sea and port days, completed a lifelong bucket list item (crossing the Panama Canal), and any glitches we experienced were minimal and easily fixed. We think we enjoy the brand mostly because of the staff who are friendly and provide excellent service and the eclectic mix of guests we befriend and are, along with the crew, now part of our extended cruise family.

There are some things that can certainly improve albeit from my perspective. The boarding process was tedious regardless of the computer glitch we experienced. Prime 7 was hit and miss although the service was superb and Jamal is one of my super heroes. I wish there were more evening music choices and at an earlier hour. The Boss calls dinner “fine dining” but I call it snail service. Two and a half hours to eat is a long time for someone like me who can’t stay seated for more than five minutes.

Finally, it’s time for my first world rant: for the love of Mike, why can’t we get a good cocktail that is not made with artificial ingredients? There is such a thing as international standards for mixing drinks and they do not include calorie laden and sugary “sour” mix. You can’t make a decent margarita, daiquiri, or amaretto sour without squeezing a few lemons or limes. Buy some lemon and lime juice and get away from that sour mix crap. There is some hope in that some of the bartenders onboard kindly offered to make the drink in the proper manner. All these items are small in nature and certainly fixable.

On the bright side, there is much to be said about the attitude of the crew. I think that Captain Serena set the tone with her warmth and friendliness. I only ordered coffee once in the Coffee Connection since Justus kept serving me without my asking. Catalin is an amazingly interesting person and very meticulous who is, sadly, retiring at the end of his contract. The rest of the staff always took the time to talk with us and to laugh at my corny jokes.

Although it’s good to be back home, it’s also good to look forward to our next Regent cruise and to start the planning process.

Z and TB

What an excellent report! You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your critique as we agree with everything you said.

We also had some issues with Prime 7. Very hit or miss....it's wonderful or awful, depending on the day. Service was never, ever a problem, but some steaks, often are questionable. You are MY HERO, in the fact that you mentioned the cocktail issues. As you said, the only way to get a good "treat" without the mix is to specifically request it. If other lines can manage this, why can't Regent? It makes a huge difference....

We so very much enjoyed your voyage reports and hopefully, one day, we'll have an "Explorer TA Reunion" cruise!

John and Linda

I’ve posted on the sour mix issue in the past. Even frozen juice, thawed is better than that awful bottled stuff. It forces you to avoid all cocktails with a citrus element. If Regent is serious about all the advertising hype than it should go the extra mile in this area. I’m pretty sure they can source lemons and limes in most ports. Even when we went to Antarctica on Ponant they had enough citrus stockpiled for the 10 days!