LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Z , “only to have to watch me top it over”

Ohhh Z, we love you! I can just picture this scene, you are , at times, a hot lovable mess! 🙃

Can’t wait to see you both on Sunday!!

Have fun in San Diego, great town.

K

I am having a problem posting pics this morning, so here goes:

Sea state for yesterday’s polar freeze:

b1c30c8e58c8e9fef4cb46e6f4ee89e8.jpg

Enes replaced Donald as the F&B manager. Great guy and a very good leader according to crewmembers. Although a Croatian, he is an honorary Puerto Rican since he knows that Don Q rules over Bacardi:

6f492b609465f6fee5dfa843bf8ef39c.jpg

The poor victim of my clumsiness:

5363d954958b387d27998a4c5643644d.jpg

As appetizers go, the Prime 7 crab cakes is one of the best:

2e22c40089a8fd57c03806372d78beb9.jpg

Best dessert ever. However, we did not partake:

9719ba7c918f28f71e85e367156e0dee.jpg

Here is the ship’s biggest rogue and his lovely wife:

2dcf617819b70b0d4624b711550fdd7c.jpg

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Bacchus does have a wicked sense humor, no doubt because he's often in his cups. But you didn't say what color wine!

It was red wine on a yellow shirt.

Z and TB

Z , “only to have to watch me top it over”

Ohhh Z, we love you! I can just picture this scene, you are , at times, a hot lovable mess! [emoji854]

Can’t wait to see you both on Sunday!!

Have fun in San Diego, great town.

K

We can’t wait either!!!

BTW, I heard from reception that the number of folks doing back to back cruises is a whopping 71 folks.

Z and TB

Do you mean the current one you are on that continues to Alaska or the one before your current one ?

Interesting, we will be joining 71 veterans on board! 💞

Our bags are packed & we fly out very early tomorrow morning to Seattle and on to SanFran. Fortunately we could swing first class on Alaska Air 👍🏻👍🏻

So excited 😸💞😸

K

Do you mean the current one you are on that continues to Alaska or the one before your current one ?

Sorry the current one that continues to Alaska. I wish we were staying onboard.

Z and TB

Ps: Z , J was very impressed with the wine you knocked over![emoji485][emoji485]

K

Lol. I amaze myself sometimes.

Z and TB

Sorry the current one that continues to Alaska. I wish we were staying onboard.

Z and TB

You KNOW we wish you were staying on board too!!!

K & J 💞😻💞

:D:D

Z : you are a putz. Do you know what you spilled, you baboon ?

Jordan ( Sonoma) , is a high end estate that has been producing excellent wines for many years. The buildings were built with imported tiles from Italy, as well as importing the craftsmen to set them. The winery itself ( like many others is so clean you can eat off the floor). Even the driveway leading in to the Estate was built to California Highway code specifications.

The wines themselves are excellent, and actually pretty good value considering the cost of some other top Californians.When I was the first to import them into Canada nearly 20 years ago, we had no problem selling out 100 cases in short order at $40 per bottle.

Now get back to your cruise.

K

Zqueeze1:

Reference your earlier posting as to being back in the "land of the Big BX"--

For us military types, this is not an obscure reference. It refers (or at-least did during the Vietnam era) to the USA as--

The land of the BIG PX. Post Exchange--shorthanded to Army guys as PX. You must have been referring to this shorthand.

Anyway--

Thanks so-much for posting.

Wife and I are looking forward to our upcoming June 3rd Navigator sailing from LA, via Canal, to NYC. Then, next-year, on Mariner, again.

Best

GOARMY!

We were there around twoish. I guess they run an extended happy hour. Also, Cabo Wabo is a couple of blocks off the marina about a ten minute walk from the tender.

Z and TB

I am putting it on my "to do" list for Cabo!!

merci beaucoup!!

Gerry

THIS IS OUR LAST DAY!!! We woke up to a dreary and cloudy morning with gray seas. Today is packing day and for saying our good byes to new friends and our crew family. The bright side of tomorrow is seeing Karen and John for a quick visit before they hop onboard.

Yesterday was another beautiful California day in San Diego with no clouds in the sky (pipe in the Mamas and the Papas “It Never Rains in California”).

We pulled into the pier in front of Broadway and in between the USS Midway and the Disney Wonder.

9ea91d873758e292b79c087663d226ae.jpg

bfef266c98946e55ed4393a92139c624.jpg

After the obligatory face to face with CBP, we had a wonderful lunch with Asian inspired salads to include kimchi, Thai beef salad, Asian slaw, and glass noodles.

f37f9f7dc7982032036715faa0d958dc.jpg

964c2bee9c3a4bb7707eaeaef05debb3.jpg

Amped up on kimchi and lunch wine, we headed out onto what became the Bataan Death March. We walked up Broadway, down through the Gaslamp district to almost the ballpark, then back towards the sea. In between 15750 steps we managed to buy me a windbreaker for tomorrow’s weather in SFO and enjoy the beauty of this city.

a420131e1de9eab785bb077a8ca6c94a.jpgI may have walked 15k steps, but The Boss hit the 12th deck for another hour of walking while I held my 3PM meeting at the Pool Bar.

Dinner was again with the same folks as during the wine fiasco and we ate at Compass Rose. It was ok (more on that later).

fee942cccd3152cbdccfea4c7ebddbb2.jpg

Z and TB

Question....... how did you find the food on Mariner on this cruised compared to your last Regent cruise?

I think they were about the same with consistency being the key. The main difference was us in that we ate more smartly and skipped dessert, most starches, and breads (ok, I cheated a couple of times with the bread). This is the lamb cruise since it seemed to be readily available on a daily basis.

Every meal in Compass Rose was excellent except one which we will grade as fair since the salmon was undercooked. Service was also very good except that I prefer it to be quicker but that’s on me. TB calls it fine dining and suck it up. Recommend getting the scallops as a side dish since they were always great.

Sette Mari was superb although we only ate there once. As always there is way too much food to enjoy and choose from. The chicken with polenta is a recommendation from TB.

Prime 7 gets a 7 out of 10 rating due to two poor steaks and one undercooked lobster. However, the prime rib we had while dining with Captain Serena was superb as well as the NY strip during the wine fiasco. However, service was excellent and as I mentioned yesterday over the top due to their efforts to accommodate us.

We only ate once in Chartreux and had the best lamb chops during the cruise. The cream of artichoke soup is a must have as well as the escargot. Again, service was excellent.

La Veranda for lunch was the best venue. Its salads and carving were always spot on. We really enjoyed it and never had a negative meal or experience.

Overall, we rate our dining experiences as a nine out of ten. TB gives it a ten since she did not have to shop for it, cook, or clean up.

Z and TB

Zqueeze1:

Reference your earlier posting as to being back in the "land of the Big BX"--

For us military types, this is not an obscure reference. It refers (or at-least did during the Vietnam era) to the USA as--

The land of the BIG PX. Post Exchange--shorthanded to Army guys as PX. You must have been referring to this shorthand.

Anyway--

Thanks so-much for posting.

Wife and I are looking forward to our upcoming June 3rd Navigator sailing from LA, via Canal, to NYC. Then, next-year, on Mariner, again.

Best

GOARMY!

GOARMY:

You are correct by stating it as PX except for us Air Force types who are used to the Base Exchange or BX Lol.

Z and TB

I think they were about the same with consistency being the key. The main difference was us in that we ate more smartly and skipped dessert, most starches, and breads (ok, I cheated a couple of times with the bread). This is the lamb cruise since it seemed to be readily available on a daily basis.

Every meal in Compass Rose was excellent except one which we will grade as fair since the salmon was undercooked. Service was also very good except that I prefer it to be quicker but that’s on me. TB calls it fine dining and suck it up. Recommend getting the scallops as a side dish since they were always great.

Sette Mari was superb although we only ate there once. As always there is way too much food to enjoy and choose from. The chicken with polenta is a recommendation from TB.

Prime 7 gets a 7 out of 10 rating due to two poor steaks and one undercooked lobster. However, the prime rib we had while dining with Captain Serena was superb as well as the NY strip during the wine fiasco. However, service was excellent and as I mentioned yesterday over the top due to their efforts to accommodate us.

We only ate once in Chartreux and had the best lamb chops during the cruise. The cream of artichoke soup is a must have as well as the escargot. Again, service was excellent.

La Veranda for lunch was the best venue. Its salads and carving were always spot on. We really enjoyed it and never had a negative meal or experience.

Overall, we rate our dining experiences as a nine out of ten. TB gives it a ten since she did not have to shop for it, cook, or clean up.

Z and TB

We just arrived in Seattle & relaxing in the Alaska Airlines lounge before our 10:40 flight to San Fran.

The following quote from TB is my sentiments exactly!!! 👍🏻👍🏻

TB gives it a ten since she did not have to shop for it, cook, or clean up. “

See your tomorrow 😻 can’t wait!

K & J

What a rollicking fun ride of a blog this has been, Roberto! I've been chuckling along and enjoying every post. Thanks for taking the time and wishing you and TB a safe return home. Hope Ginny and I are lucky enough to cruise with you two again someday!

Rich

We just arrived in Seattle & relaxing in the Alaska Airlines lounge before our 10:40 flight to San Fran.

The following quote from TB is my sentiments exactly!!! 👍🏻👍🏻

TB gives it a ten since she did not have to shop for it, cook, or clean up. “

See your tomorrow 😻 can’t wait!

K & J

Ps: J says he is shocked those wine 🍷 people would eat with you again!!! Lol!

😂