Clothes steamer

Slightly off-topic, but I used to bring one. I don't anymore because I get better results by bringing a small empty spray bottle, fill it with water, spritz and smooth the clothes, and hang them up. The dampness in the closet as everything dries makes all the clothes lose their wrinkles. It even works on my husband's sports jacket.

Much easier to pack just the little bottle, and it's great for "bed hair", too!! :D

I brought one on and it was the best thing ever.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/joy-mangano-my-little-steamer-go-mini-reg-hand-steamer/3277448

Highly recommend it to anyone for any kind of travel. Just be smart about it and unplug it and empty it out when you're done. The only thing it was so-so on was khaki trousers..everything else it was great!

I brought one on and it was the best thing ever.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/joy-mangano-my-little-steamer-go-mini-reg-hand-steamer/3277448

Highly recommend it to anyone for any kind of travel. Just be smart about it and unplug it and empty it out when you're done. The only thing it was so-so on was khaki trousers..everything else it was great!

Unfortunately they are on the list of prohibited items.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use Downey wrinkle release and if it doesn’t work well I ask to use one of the ships irons.

I hate Downey wrinkle release too...it left stains on my clothes.

WHAT.....ship let you use their iron :confused::confused::confused:

I use Downey wrinkle release and if it doesn’t work well I ask to use one of the ships irons.

No irons for loan on any RC ship. If you prefer to have items ironed/pressed you can send them out to be pressed for a fee.

No self-service type laundry on any RC ship. There is a laundry/dry cleaning service on board.

Plus there is often a laundry special where for $35 you can get a bag of laundry done. Bag is only for underwear, socks, PJs, tshirts. Items are returned washed and folded; not ironed and no "dress clothes", pants, etc. in bag.

I roll all of my casual clothes and the small amount of wrinkles shake out fine by the end of the day we board.

All of my dress clothes are left on the hanger with a plastics dry cleaner bag covering them. I then fold them once in half and lay them on top of my rolled clothes. Once we arrive in our cabin I take the bag off and hang them in the closet. No wrinkles!!

Works every time!!

Can someone tell me where I may find the list of prohibited items? I thought travel steamers were ok so I bought one. Glad I saw this thread. I can't believe that they allow flat irons and curling irons though? Correct?

Can someone tell me where I may find the list of prohibited items? I thought travel steamers were ok so I bought one. Glad I saw this thread. I can't believe that they allow flat irons and curling irons though? Correct?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Cancel that. I found the list. I am still shocked (yet happy) that they allow hair straighteners and curling irons. They get as hot, if not hotter, as travel steamers. I wonder what the rationale is?

Cancel that. I found the list. I am still shocked (yet happy) that they allow hair straighteners and curling irons. They get as hot, if not hotter, as travel steamers. I wonder what the rationale is?

That women will complain more about not being able to do up their hair vs having wrinkled clothes.:D