Check your room cleanliness and press the issue

OP did you hopefully post these pics on RCI Facebook page....that might also get attention to this.

No. I don’t think you can post pics to their page and I’d rather maintain relative anonymity here because I’ve seen how some brand zealots can react

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cabin on Jewel 4/15/18 was dirty. Stuff on rug that could be vacumed was there day one, stayed all cruise. Never vacumed all week. Clorox wipes day one mopped up a lot of junk. Attached is vent in bath. Enjoy

IMG_1603.JPG.63c1863d38b7054f815b290966b43fd4.JPG

That is exactly what I was thinking when I opened this thread.:evilsmile:

JC

LOL, me, too. However, Brenda was using black light to look for "body fluids" if I am not mistaken. Wonder where she is now? :)

No. I don’t think you can post pics to their page and I’d rather maintain relative anonymity here because I’ve seen how some brand zealots can react

I would certainly give it a try.....Someone has to speak out especially when they have "proof" please don't let that stop you...WHO in their right mind would DARE to have a valid excuse for this. "SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING"

Setting the health issues aside I can't believe maintenance would let the filters get that clogged. Not only does this put a strain on the system the operating cost dramatically increase when filters are that clogged. And knocking some of the dust off doesn't help much as the fine particles are already embedded in the media.

That’s disgusting! Is the second photo what they replaced it with? Another old dirty air filter? How could they not have extra air filters on board?

As OP stated in his original post "The second photo shows the same filter after ship personnel banged it out and reinstalled the spent filter" so the maintenance person put the old filter back in after a rudimentary cleaning.

Edited by robtulipe

PLUS I think you said that you are still in negotiations for compensation

One point. Air filters are actually better and collecting contaminants when they have been in use. More air flows through a new filter, but also more dust and debris.

Thank you for posting...never even thought about the vents and filters.

We will be on the Navigator later this year.

Where exactly are the vents and filters located?

What size are the filters?

Who would you suggest to contact first when and if we find the filters and vents to be disgusting?

Thanks again.

OMG! That's disgusting! I guess I'll be inspecting our vents very well when we cruise in July. I will definitely bring my inhaler too, since I have reactive airway issues. Don't need to be inhaling in that nastiness.

You'd think they'd maintain the filters, etc. to make the air conditioning run more efficiently.

6e14982f0add9d8ef0b4c318d71ee1aa.jpgdb19b43d9bf10115cabbe63f4d78015f.jpg

These are the fresh air vents that push air into the room. Would you accept this at $50 per night motel?

OMG! That is filthy.

I wiped these down with Clorox wipes the minute I entered the cabin. Plus anything I can touch I wiped and sprayed, including the pillows and under the covers, every surface of the closet, the return, hangers, you name it. House keeping doesn't care, so I just do it myself. I'd rather be holding a fru fru umbrella drink in my hand when I enter my cabin, but Clorox wipe it is.

I'm not surprised in the least. We were on the Legend directly after refurbishment and were appalled that none of the room filters had been changed and looked to be well over a year since the last change (filters not even visible) and all of the grime still in the cabinets and on the baseboards, but hey, we had new drapes and soft goods - still an abundance of broken tiles, beat up chairs and tables, and broken window seals throughout the ship. Next trip on the Jewel, the maintenance people hosed down the pool deck and outside Windjammer every night - without picking up the trash - every drain was covered in disintegrating paper.

I am not a clean freak or a germaphobe but I now wipe down every surface in our room upon boarding and it will take 4 or 5 Clorox wipes to do it (and each one is filthy). We have found used wine glasses in the cabinets, underwear under the bed, etc.

I agree with a previous poster. The filth is mostly due to crew cutbacks. There is inadequate staffing to do more then a spit shine. It seems they could hire people at the port to assist with a deeper cleaning on turnaround day and up the maintenance staffing by just a few.

For the most part we have moved on because these issues made me unsure of the maintenance in places we don't see and were enough to put a damper on my vacation. Not to change the subject but food quality and variety were another reason we have mostly moved on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh gosh and still there is the rug update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

520ed3143372bf51c131849bf60a93d2.jpg

Only one of the soiled spots. They did cut out sections and replace w new carpeting.

I expect a certain degree of wear and tear, and to not expect it is somewhat naive. These ships are in constant service but let’s face it; room attendants take out trash, replace towels, make beds. Our room attendant fulfilled requests and was very nice to our child and did a good job. But these are issues beyond his control and we told him that, told onboard management that, and communicated that to Mr.Bayleys office. That said, I don’t spend thousands of dollars and limited vacation time for a luxurious vacation to have a room like that

I asked for a 50% FCC but RCI stuck at 35%. They said verbally I only had to have a booking by 4/2019 and I could sail in 2020 or beyond. I said the FCC says I must CRUISE by 4/2019 and so I asked for the 50% if I had to either use it or lose it that soon. Emailed last Thursday for clarification of the FCC date and have not received a reply yet.

This is absolutely the result of cost cutting and management stretching resources and maintenance. I travel frequently for business and this was subpar but I wanted to get past it as fast as possible.

I’m not so sure posting in FB or emailing TV stations will help. I still want RCI to issue the FCC correctly based on what they told me.

I do have a TA and the company emailed her and said they’d deal w me directly.

I am disappointed at RCI lack of explanation for the situation and the hurdles onboard management tried to put me through to get the issue resolved.

Would anyone have reason to think any other room onboard was better? When they reinstalled a dirty filter it made me feel like they didn’t even stick clean ones; why reinstall a wasted $5 filter? Sorry I did not measure the filter. In a balcony cabin that vent is by the door/closet.

The filter and other maintenance problems are obviously not the fault of the room steward, but how clean your room is, is.

Unfortunately they have cutback everywhere. But, some room stewards are just better than others. Our last room steward was awesome, the one before that, not. Some just care more than others and some work faster then others to be able to get more done.

We always check our room and wipe things down. Have never thought to check air filters. Might need to start doing that now.

Also, when we have had problems, things were handled differently on different ships. Most of the time they fix the problem and are apologetic, end of story. Radiance was the worst. Felt like they just didn’t care. The people at Guest Services were beyond rude. Very condescending.

Thanks for the post. Hope they come through for you on the FCC to restore your faith.

From wiping desk and baseboard area w my own wipes. That is hair and dirt. This is how management chooses to maintain their hotel facility.

e518fef53f52fff27b772f0f16a56d83.jpg

594da8c8b4788a9db7ad15c81825c510.jpg

79dbc18571d6ed082eea7c589e2017ce.jpg

We always wipe down the room with sani wipes, but we have never done the base boards. Way to much trouble. We would tell the room steward to do a good vacuuming.

................Our floor had a terrible sewer smell. Everyone noticed it. Our steward said they had cut back on everything in RCI including staff and supplies. The lido often was dirty. Windows were dirty. Carpet was dirty. Seemed no one was able to get to everything.

That's probably why they are having excellent earnings lately. All the cut backs.

...........We were just so disappointed. We are Diamond members so RCI used to be our favorite but we have since gone to HAL or Princess. So agree with you on not having to deal with issues like this while on vacation. I hope RCI begins right away to improve these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you with speaking with your money. Hopefully they will realize it could end up biting them in the butt in the long run.

This is totally disgusting!!! Definitely going to check out the air ducts and filters first thing when I get to our room in June!!

We will to and if it isn't decent then we will have it replaced. I guess the passengers will be the ones having to remind RC that they need to do a better cleaning job. I have read about some cough that people get while on the cruise that can last for a couple of weeks. They have a name for it, but I don't remember what is. I wonder if this can some how be related? I ended up with a cough that lasted a couple of weeks from our last cruise in March. I got a cold on the second to the last day so that is what I attributed it to. I have never had a cough from a cold like that and I almost went to the doctor, but it slowly started to go away so I didn't bother. We will 100% be checking the filters from now on.

Start a second account. :)

Our cabin on Jewel 4/15/18 was dirty. Stuff on rug that could be vacumed was there day one, stayed all cruise. Never vacumed all week. Clorox wipes day one mopped up a lot of junk. Attached is vent in bath. Enjoy

That's also gross.

LOL, me, too. However, Brenda was using black light to look for "body fluids" if I am not mistaken. Wonder where she is now? :)

I obviously missed that thread. That's really gross, but that will definitely let you know what is around. I'm not sure I would want to know.

One point. Air filters are actually better and collecting contaminants when they have been in use. More air flows through a new filter, but also more dust and debris.

If an air filter is clogged the air will take the path of the least resistance which would be AROUND the filter. Therefore not all of the air is being filtered.

Simple solution to this problem. The OP needs to send these to all the local Miami TV stations where RC is based. When reporters and cameras start showing up at their HQ, changes are a coming!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Ha ha ha, good idea. :D You are probably right. Channel 10 does the Dirty Dining reports which gets alot of attention. Would love to see RC comment about this on the news.

My next cruise is in September on Oasis. I will be sure to investigate this. But i won’t take pictures if i see something similar, I’ll be hand carrying my air filter down to a Guest Services for all the guests to see.