What do YOU wear to dinner?

Lfschaper

It’s been two years since our last NCL cruise so I don’t remember what we wore. Last few cruises were HAL so definitely dressy. I do remember feeling a bit overdressed on NCL. But it’s one of the few times I can get my teen son to dress up so...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi - my DH wears golf shorts and a golf shirt. I usually wear a summer dress or skirt and blouse. Certainly more casual than Holland for sure. Hope you have a great time - we leave this Saturday!

My husband wears shorts unless there is a reason to dress up -- dress code at a restaurant or the Haven captain's reception.

I generally wear capris, but will dress up a bit as well for certain occasions (dress or skirt -- nothing too dressy).

For us, this is one of the best parts of NCL. My husband wears a tie to work, so he doesn't want to have to dress up on vacation. I don't have any sort of a dress code at work, so I don't have to go out and buy all new outfits for dinner on vacation (although I still do buy a few...but I don't HAVE to :D).

Sparkles!! Whether it be a dressy top or dress! Even on casual nights. You can really wear whatever you want, within constraints of the specific cruise line, such as no shorts or tank tops for the dining rooms.

Lisa

I usually wear capris or a casual summer skirt & top. DH usually wears shorts and a polo or button up shirt, or jeans with same kind of shirt. If jeans/shorts aren't allowed in the restaurant, then he'll wear khakis - but only if he has too :D

I love NCL's relaxed dress code. With that being said, we do always dress up with what I would call cruise casual, lol. For myself and my daughters, we wear a lot of Lilly Pulitzer type dresses. For my husband to match us :D:confused: he wears nice dress shorts and polos. It's fun for us to get "dressed up" this way. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

I love NCL's relaxed dress code. With that being said, we do always dress up with what I would call cruise casual, lol. For myself and my daughters, we wear a lot of Lilly Pulitzer type dresses. For my husband to match us :D:confused: he wears nice dress shorts and polos. It's fun for us to get "dressed up" this way. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Thanks!!! From another Lilly loving gal!

HAL Oosterdam 2013

NCL Dawn 2016

HAL niew Amsterdam 2017

NCL Escape 2018

Thanks!!! From another Lilly loving gal!

HAL Oosterdam 2013

NCL Dawn 2016

HAL niew Amsterdam 2017

NCL Escape 2018

I think Lilly makes the perfect dresses for cruises! On our last one, someone who clearly had never encountered Lilly Pulitzer before came up to us and ask if I made the dresses....:) The rest of our cruise we had the best laugh talking about our handmade dresses :') Wear all the Lilly you can!!

I usually wear capris and nice top with heels....hubby wears long pants and a golf style shirt... Nothing too fancy, but we look good! If we want to really dress up, I'll do a cocktail dress/heels and he'll do his dark suit...again, lookin' good!

So if the Manhattan dining room on the Epic is considered a little dressier, are short prohibited? Really dressy??

My daughter and I don't mind spiffing up a little for dinner but my husband is typically in nice shorts and a collared shirt. We can throw in a pair of khakis in for him and my son but would like to leave the really dressy stuff behind for packing reasons.

So if the Manhattan dining room on the Epic is considered a little dressier, are short prohibited? Really dressy??

My daughter and I don't mind spiffing up a little for dinner but my husband is typically in nice shorts and a collared shirt. We can throw in a pair of khakis in for him and my son but would like to leave the really dressy stuff behind for packing reasons.

i believe shorts are not allowed in manhattan.

no worries, the food is the same menu in all MDRs so you wont miss out on a different/better meal by not eating there if he doesnt want to dress up more than shorts.

It’s been two years since our last NCL cruise so I don’t remember what we wore. Last few cruises were HAL so definitely dressy. I do remember feeling a bit overdressed on NCL. But it’s one of the few times I can get my teen son to dress up so...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Capris and a sleeveless button down/blouse.

Khakis and either a polo or collared shirt. On dressier occasions I wear a blue blazer, collared shirt, and - if I really want to look spiffy - a nice tie.

Since I'm probably wearing either a bathing suit or shorts and a tee-shirt all day, I actually like getting a bit dressed up for dinner.

One of the aspects we love about cruising is the ability to dress for dinner. Even on NCL, where just about anything goes (okay, within reason!). The guys wear khakis and collared shirts (like a polo, not necessarily a dress shirt) and the gals wear dresses or upscale pants and jackets. On "dress up or not" night, we usually wear a dressy skirt/ blouse and the guys will wear a tux or suit, depending upon what weight we are at when we pack for the cruise ;) No critique of those who don't dress up.....it is just a customary thing with us, since we began cruising back when formal wear was the standard! Any excuse to bring out the tux, y'know!

i believe shorts are not allowed in manhattan.

no worries, the food is the same menu in all MDRs so you wont miss out on a different/better meal by not eating there if he doesnt want to dress up more than shorts.

Thanks!