Concierge Class Vs Suite ( for Blu )

kunash

Hi

I am booked on the Russian / Scandiavian cruise on the 4th Aug this year - concierge class.

Is there any chance I can book, while onboard, the Blu speciality restaurant if I am concierge class? I am hoping if the restaurant is not fully booked maybe I can book.

Or if I change to a suite class can I book Blu, while on board, if there is space available? So what I am asking does a suite passenger have better priority over anyone else for Blu

( i know Aqua class have first priority ).

Thanks

Simon

edit AQ class is sold out currently. suite class has space still. Does suite have their own restaurant? The ship is Silhouette. First time sailing on celebrity. Thanks

Hi

I am booked on the Russian / Scandiavian cruise on the 4th Aug this year - concierge class.

Is there any chance I can book, while onboard, the Blu speciality restaurant if I am concierge class? I am hoping if the restaurant is not fully booked maybe I can book.

Or if I change to a suite class can I book Blu, while on board, if there is space available? So what I am asking does a suite passenger have better priority over anyone else for Blu

( i know Aqua class have first priority ).

Thanks

Simon

No, Concierge (or any other) guest can not "book" Blu.

Blu is only available to Aqua Class guests with the exception of suite guest on a space available basis.

However, suites also have their own restaurant called Luminae.

As a concierge room guest you can not book into Blu. It is for Aqua Class. The MDR is your designated restaurant. You can book a dining package (at a cost) for the speciality restaurants.

Suite class has its own restaurant, Luminae, which most guests generally feel is better in terms of food, service and ambiance than Blu. If you are in a Suite you can also dine in Blu on a space available basis. If you book into one of the top suites (RS, PH) you have unlimited speciality dining also.

Hope this helps.

ok, thanks for the replies. I am a big eater. Love my food. Love trying new and good restaurants. Is the suite restaurant worth it?

edit so can Sky Suite customers have access to luminae and michaels restaurants ? is there even a michaels on silhouette?

Edited by kunash

ok, thanks for the replies. I am a big eater. Love my food. Love trying new and good restaurants. Is the suite restaurant worth it?

Unfortunately, only you can answer that question for yourself. In our opinion (spouse and I) feel that the Suite Experience is worth the costs. That is our opinion, yours may be different. Trying it once is a good start to helping you make your own evaluation.

NRayH

We have eaten in most of Celebrity specially restaurants, MDR, Blu and Luminae. We enjoy Luminae very much. Luminae give you the option of ordering off the MDR menu and the Luminae restaurant. Our last cruise I did not like one of my main dishes. I asked them to take it away and bring me another appetizer that I had earlier. They changed the appetizer into my main dish. The short ribs on the lunch menu are fantastic.

edit so can Sky Suite customers have access to luminae and michaels restaurants ? is there even a michaels on silhouette?

There is no Michael's Restaurant. Only a Michael's Club where you enjoy drinks and occasional entertainment while chatting with others staying in Suites.

Yes, Luminae will be your dining room. You may also dine in Blu, or from the Main Dining Room menu. Having a Suite, especially a Sky Suite, is well worth the up-cost IMO. Larger stateroom and bathroom, and great dining venues.

Service in Luminae was amazing , besides there menu you can order off mdr menu while dinning there. We booked it again for next year and would not consider anything else but a suite, also michaels is a very elegant suite lounge also with excellent service.

I think Luminae is totally worth going into a suite. ALL suites can access Luminae on all ships. And all ships have a Michael's Club which can be used by anyone in a suite. It's for drinks w/ some light fare at certain times of the day... not so much a full meal.

If you're in a suite you CAN dine in BLU on a space available basis (but I greatly prefer Luminae and it's the main reason I go w/ suites).

As mentioned, in a Royal Suite or a Penthouse suite, you can eat in any specialty restaurant on an unlimited basis w/ no extra charge (pending availability of course... but if you're flexible on dining times, there's rarely a huge problem there).

Honestly Luminae and Suite perks are the only things that keep me booking Celebrity. Best of luck on your decision.

If you eat in Blu they have a copy of the MDR menu as well as the menu from other days during your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Forums mobile app

But that does not mean you can order off the MDR menu (except for the standard items available every day). Generally you can't, although sometimes on M class they will do it for you. It is very, very rare that you can do that in Blu.

A suite is definitely worth it and as others have said Luminae is excellent both in terms of the food and service. We wouldn't even consider downgrading for that very reason and keeps us hooked on X. Three weeks to go and counting!

If you can afford it go with the suite. Did the same cruise last August and really enjoyed it. We also were invited to go to the helipad when leaving Stockholm by our butler. Michael's club have cans of soba,beer and water that you can take away as well as afternoon tea service. We have loved aqua but now suite life is the way to go for us.

I've been on the Silhouette twice and think it's a great ship and crew. I've only been in a veranda on the Silhouette (we do Aqua Class on the Summit) so can't comment on Luminae. However, we always buy a specialty restaurant package and can HIGHLY recommend Murano as an alternative if you're willing to pay extra for a different and good meal. The other specialties are good too compared to the MDR (which is fine, but we enjoy a nice meal, especially on vacation so we're willing to pay a little extra for a better meal), but I can't compare them to Luminae. Check out the menus when you go onboard and see if anything interests you and maybe try a specialty restaurant. Enjoy (and try not to gain too much weight).

But that does not mean you can order off the MDR menu (except for the standard items available every day). Generally you can't, although sometimes on M class they will do it for you. It is very, very rare that you can do that in Blu.

We were able to order anything we wanted off the MDR menu in Blu on the Millennium last month. They did not give us a copy of the MDR menu, but we went by the MDR entrance before going to Blu, so we knew what was being served that night. The MDR food was pretty good, and we are considering going back to a non-Aqua cabin on our next cruise.

I disagree, On my last two sailings, totaling 23 nights, on Solstice and Eclipse, both this year, I was in Aqua Class and could order off the MDR menu any night. I would always have the escargot, shrimp cocktail and soups from the MDR menu almost every night. Also, if I looked at the following nights menu while in Blu and didn't see anything appealing I would order a fillet, which they were happy to do with 24 hours notice. They will bend over backwards to try to please you. Don't be afraid to ask. On the last night of the cruise, Lobster night, I ordered three tails and the waiter never even blinked. I love Celebrity!

I disagree, On my last two sailings, totaling 23 nights, on Solstice and Eclipse, both this year, I was in Aqua Class and could order off the MDR menu any night. I would always have the escargot, shrimp cocktail and soups from the MDR menu almost every night. Also, if I looked at the following nights menu while in Blu and didn't see anything appealing I would order a fillet, which they were happy to do with 24 hours notice. They will bend over backwards to try to please you. Don't be afraid to ask. On the last night of the cruise, Lobster night, I ordered three tails and the waiter never even blinked. I love Celebrity!

Did you order "anything" from the MDR menu? Because escargot and shrimp cocktail are on the "all the time" section of the Blu menu.

If you were able to order whatever you wanted (and not just a filet) with 24 hours' notice that would have been unusual on the S class, your waiters must have liked you or something. :D

I wish they wouldn't open this can of worms, personally. If you have something that's not on the menu, and the person at the next table sees it and says "oh, I want that, too" that pulls a server off of the tables to get the special thing, leaving the rest of us with diminished service.

I feel that if you truly can't find anything you want on the regular Blu menu, then YOU should make alternatives for that night - go to a Specialty, or the buffet. Or ask your waiter in Blu to modify the meat/fish/chicken/pasta..."can I have that with no sauce/mushrooms/cheese/crab/tomatoes/cumin" or whatever an offending ingredient might be. Having been in Blu half a dozen times I can't imagine not being able to find something suitable every night. They have almost as many choices as the MDR on any given night, for much fewer people.

And if you find that there are THAT many nights when you can't find anything in Blu, maybe AQ is not for you.

Hi

Ok so I have upgraded to Sky Suite and cannot wait. I got my online login details through and have a question or 2 please;

If I order a 3 night speciality package now, and afterwards make 3 online reservations for speciality dining will the discount be applied or using this package do I have to book the restaurants another way?

What are the internet speeds like? With P and O they are poor while for Royal C they are good. I won't personally use the internet much, but my wife and 2 children always do, so I usually go for 2 packages.

For dining in the Luminae. I am on a wait list for anytime dining ( i prefer this ) and have been put on 1st sitting for now. If I go and ask the Maitre D' to change to anytime, what are the chances of him changing me over?

Thank you for any help here

edit and what are the must do speciality restaurants pls? we are big meat eaters or lobster

Simon

If food is the biggie then keep your cabin, do a 5 night specialty dinner package and eat like a king. :)

Should have read your post before booking the sky suite :D Good advice

Hi

Ok so I have upgraded to Sky Suite and cannot wait. I got my online login details through and have a question or 2 please;

If I order a 3 night speciality package now, and afterwards make 3 online reservations for speciality dining will the discount be applied or using this package do I have to book the restaurants another way?

What are the internet speeds like? With P and O they are poor while for Royal C they are good. I won't personally use the internet much, but my wife and 2 children always do, so I usually go for 2 packages.

For dining in the Luminae. I am on a wait list for anytime dining ( i prefer this ) and have been put on 1st sitting for now. If I go and ask the Maitre D' to change to anytime, what are the chances of him changing me over?

Thank you for any help here

edit and what are the must do speciality restaurants pls? we are big meat eaters or lobster

Unlike MDR Luminae doesn't have different sittings, in our experience most people seem to arrange a dining time preference on day one (as we always do) or alternately ring ahead of time to ensure your table and time. Have never sen anyone waiting for a table, but there again we eat early so may be different later.

If you have Luminae why would you want other dining venues (imo), it's one of the biggest draws for us to a suite, coupled with Michaels ?

Internet speed seemed fine to me and granddaughter would soon have mentioned if it was slow.

Should add that your confirmation of booking will not show Luminae, so that's why you will see a dining time as that relates to MDR prference.

Unlike MDR Luminae doesn't have different sittings, in our experience most people seem to arrange a dining time preference on day one (as we always do) or alternately ring ahead of time to ensure your table and time. Have never sen anyone waiting for a table, but there again we eat early so may be different later.

If you have Luminae why would you want other dining venues (imo), it's one of the biggest draws for us to a suite, coupled with Michaels ?

Internet speed seemed fine to me and granddaughter would soon have mentioned if it was slow.

Should add that your confirmation of booking will not show Luminae, so that's why you will see a dining time as that relates to MDR prference.

Thanks for replies. So if we are a 4 can we have a table for 4?

Thanks for replies. So if we are a 4 can we have a table for 4?

Yes, no problem. They have several tables for four set up but if you were to arrive and they were taken they would push two twos together for you. Nothing is too much trouble in Luminae. Whilst we usually arrange an ‘ish’ time with them ‘7ish’ if you arrive at anytime they will usually have you sat down in minutes.

You will enjoy your Luminae experience but we also do enjoy the speciality restaurants and would recommend you do give them a go.

Make sure you utilise your other suite perks too like afternoon tea in Michael’s Club, butler service in your room, priority tendering....

Yes, no problem. They have several tables for four set up but if you were to arrive and they were taken they would push two twos together for you. Nothing is too much trouble in Luminae. Whilst we usually arrange an ‘ish’ time with them ‘7ish’ if you arrive at anytime they will usually have you sat down in minutes.

You will enjoy your Luminae experience but we also do enjoy the speciality restaurants and would recommend you do give them a go.

Make sure you utilise your other suite perks too like afternoon tea in Michael’s Club, butler service in your room, priority tendering....

That is good to know, thanks.