Carnival Dream Flooded

MikeMA

All of which have nothing to do with whether their generous offer is the right thing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Right"? ::shrugs:: "A customer service culture that been working nicely"

But you just did (ask for something, this at my vacation mentality and they owe is what is wrong with all of society). How do you know how profitable Carnival is?

They had a mistake, they more than rectified it. Case closed despite the contrary from the self proclaimed experts. s a stock holder I am sure glad that smarter heads prevailed in the carnival camp.

Happy sailing!

Interesting thought, corporations that inflict damage in the course of delivering a product should be the sole arbiters of fair compensation.

As a shareholder you should know that profitability data is public and posted by Carnival, http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsannual_pf.

You may want "case closed" out of self interest. Those who went through the rather unpleasant experience may feel otherwise. I did not go through the experience, nor do I have all the facts surrounding the incident, so I don't feel qualified to comment either way on the fairness of offered compensation.

Is that dividend for the cruise line or the Corp?

Carnival Corp & PLC is the only part of the organization that issues dividends, but the Carnival

brand is the biggest of its brands.

Hi. I’m looking for a self appointed copyright expert. Heard this was the place.
And don't forget that despite having Facebook and photos being taken worldwide, you only need expertise in US copyright law!

Cheers

Carnival Corp & PLC is the only part of the organization that issues dividends, but the Carnival

brand is the biggest of its brands.

The point is that they represent about a quarter of the ships and slightly less in profits.

You know how profitable a company is by there quarterly statements. Carnival is a billion dollar profit company every year according to there quarterly statement. And those are always doctored they make more

Just got off the Fantasy and heard about this. I would love that deal! This is an ocean going vessel....it can handle a little water!

On the copyright deal....the best way to solve that is just draw your picture of what you saw ;)

GZkWdMm3p9-1.png

Now that's hilarious!

Thank you yes I am an expert almost 30 years in customer service. Carnival is very profitable and I would expect them to compensate any effected customer with an immediate refund and a free cruise along with any airfare and expenses. A real expert st customer service would pay for excursions and five free drink packages.

I’m never the type of person to ask for things for free. But wrong is wrong. Even an accident t should be covered by over the top customer service.

Thanks for the laugh! Carnival exceeds industry standards when it comes to compensation, but absurd is absurd.

Carnival Corp doesn't release financials on individual cruise lines, so one can guess at how profitable Carnival is, but no part of compensation includes profit sharing. The ticket contract terms are usually exceeded with Carnival being generous to a fault.

Carnival Wet Dream? It does sound better than Norwegian Nightmare.

Without reading thru all the pages, can someone tell me if everyone on the ship got the refund and 50% off a future cruise, or just those affected?

Who goes into a stateroom deck that doesn't have their stateroom?

Likely folks on the other decks (or even the other side of Deck 9) weren't even aware of the problem.

So... Compensation for what?

Likely folks on the other decks (or even the other side of Deck 9) weren't even aware of the problem.

So, you dont know who received the compensation?

Im just curious who received the compensation .... if anyone knows please post.

So, you dont know who received the compensation?

Im just curious who received the compensation .... if anyone knows please post.

Why would you think those unaffected or even unaware would get compensation?

so judgemental posters here.

I asked a neutral question and so many people want to jump me its amusing.

You never know, so I asked. Thanks to those who answered. I just was curious.

As far as the poster who said I wouldnt know, I bet I would have. I am the type who sits and talks to others on board. I also go on other decks, didnt know it was so unusual. I might drop down a deck from lido if its raining. I might go up or down if i have a cabin on a deck that doesnt go thru. If I eat on deck 3 aft and go to a show afterwards, i either go up or down and often walk thru a deck Im not on with cabins.

I had no idea it was so unusual to be on decks where my cabin isnt.

so judgemental posters here.

I asked a neutral question and so many people want to jump me its amusing.

You never know, so I asked. Thanks to those who answered. I just was curious.

As far as the poster who said I wouldnt know, I bet I would have. I am the type who sits and talks to others on board. I also go on other decks, didnt know it was so unusual. I might drop down a deck from lido if its raining. I might go up or down if i have a cabin on a deck that doesnt go thru. If I eat on deck 3 aft and go to a show afterwards, i either go up or down and often walk thru a deck Im not on with cabins.

I had no idea it was so unusual to be on decks where my cabin isnt.

I'll repeat my question:

I'll repeat my question:

That raises a good question. I wonder how affected everyone else on the ship was. I guess for sure the guests in the 50 or so cabins, but I wonder if the displaced people having to take up other space on the ship, and the staff having to do extra cleanup caused areas to be off limits or regular services to be hindered because of the lack of staff due to the cleanup.

That raises a good question. I wonder how affected everyone else on the ship was. I guess for sure the guests in the 50 or so cabins, but I wonder if the displaced people having to take up other space on the ship, and the staff having to do extra cleanup caused areas to be off limits or regular services to be hindered because of the lack of staff due to the cleanup.

My understanding is that a crew of 15-20 (out of 1,000+) had the alleyway bailed, the carpet up,

and blowers going in 2 hrs or so; and the affected passengers had to camp out in the spa after

hours.

So... the affected passengers were very much affected, a dozen and a half crew were doing

"other duties as assigned" for a couple hours, and that was about it.