Celebrity Revolution: Dates for Edge-i-fication of All X Ships Finalized

vtcruising

There will have to be drawer space somewhere...open shelves are messy and things will slip and slide...colors look nice but very dorm like feel...also as mentioned elsewhere..some are allergic to Cashmere...mattresses, bedding etc...Waiting to hear if EDGE and refurbed ships can accomodate with plain mattress and bedding...otherwise we may sadly have to cancel...

Doubt they will remove the Solarium or restrict it...It is popular and maybe they will just re do the Cafe area,, If that was restricted space we'd go elsewhere,......some folks cannot bake in the sun.

They need to re do some AC and sewage systems...along with making it more pretty ....

Hoping all will be good!

• 2 months later...

Just got the Celebrity Revolution brochure, and I have to say I am hugely turned off. Between the thoroughly uninspired, anonymous decor in the concept photos, the emphasis on the suite guest only Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sundeck, and the already stratospheric prices of The Edge that I expect the rest of the fleet to similarly trend toward, I just don’t see much to look forward to on Celebrity. Hope I’m wrong...

you are wrong, from my vies. Looked at cruises after Summit, Equinox were updated in Spring 2018, and the fees are in line with standard rates as before, in Fall. Looked at going on either in Fall after the upgrades and the prices are standard Carribean.

Den

you are wrong, from my vies. Looked at cruises after Summit, Equinox were updated in Spring 2018, and the fees are in line with standard rates as before, in Fall. Looked at going on either in Fall after the upgrades and the prices are standard Carribean.

Den

No, the Caribbean is probably at the ceiling pricing so they’ve just increased the prices in the other cruising areas instead. Have you seen the pricing for Europe for 2019 :eek:?

No, the Caribbean is probably at the ceiling pricing so they’ve just increased the prices in the other cruising areas instead. Have you seen the pricing for Europe for 2019 :eek:?

I miss-typed a bit and should have said that I looked at Summit prices in Fall of 2019 after its update in Spring 2019 and the prices were in line with all others.. But I think I’m missing what you are referring to. I thought I was responding to a discussion that the prices had increased because of the ‘Revolution’ updates. I looked at the prices for the Summit and Equinox in Fall 2019 and they are in line with all others. And yes, maybe their in line with all others because of competition in a popular market. But Euro crises aren’t exactly exotic and low competition there.

For Europe 2019, none of the ships (Millinium, Summit, Equinox) which are updated in 2019 are cruising Europe so there is no way of checking if the prices have gone up due to the upgrades. Except for the Edge, all the other Europe Celebrity prices appear to be in line with what I’ve seen and paid for in the past, and with other Cruise Lines with the same itinerary, at least the number I checked on. I didn’t do a thorough check, just a few spot comparisons. But it is a business and unless some Cruise Line becomes a Non-Profit organization, they need to make a profit. That’s why I also own RCL stock.

My view is, if you wish to take a cruise for an itinerary or for a ship experience, and the price is what you are willing to pay, do it. If the pricing is the most important factor, then compare various Lines and pick the one you think is the best ‘deal’, which may not be the cheapest in the market but worth it to you for the itinerary and quality of the Cruise Line/ship.

Kind of what most all of us do. I do cruise Celebrity as my first choice. If another Line has a price that is a bit lower, I won’t do it. But if there is a definite price difference, I’ll consider it. I just booked a Viking River cruise. I wanted to try another Line that was reported to be more upscale, but after comparing the prices, I took Viking since it does provide a excellent experience, and For Me, not worth the additional cost of upgrading.

Den

I miss-typed a bit and should have said that I looked at Summit prices in Fall of 2019 after its update in Spring 2019 and the prices were in line with all others.. But I think I’m missing what you are referring to. I thought I was responding to a discussion that the prices had increased because of the ‘Revolution’ updates. I looked at the prices for the Summit and Equinox in Fall 2019 and they are in line with all others. And yes, maybe their in line with all others because of competition in a popular market. But Euro crises aren’t exactly exotic and low competition there.

For Europe 2019, none of the ships (Millinium, Summit, Equinox) which are updated in 2019 are cruising Europe so there is no way of checking if the prices have gone up due to the upgrades. Except for the Edge, all the other Europe Celebrity prices appear to be in line with what I’ve seen and paid for in the past, and with other Cruise Lines with the same itinerary, at least the number I checked on. I didn’t do a thorough check, just a few spot comparisons. But it is a business and unless some Cruise Line becomes a Non-Profit organization, they need to make a profit. That’s why I also own RCL stock.

My view is, if you wish to take a cruise for an itinerary or for a ship experience, and the price is what you are willing to pay, do it. If the pricing is the most important factor, then compare various Lines and pick the one you think is the best ‘deal’, which may not be the cheapest in the market but worth it to you for the itinerary and quality of the Cruise Line/ship.

Kind of what most all of us do. I do cruise Celebrity as my first choice. If another Line has a price that is a bit lower, I won’t do it. But if there is a definite price difference, I’ll consider it. I just booked a Viking River cruise. I wanted to try another Line that was reported to be more upscale, but after comparing the prices, I took Viking since it does provide a excellent experience, and For Me, not worth the additional cost of upgrading.

Den

I too cruise Celebrity as my first choice. But I’ve noticed some pricing trending upward relative to the competition and was horrified when I recently looked into The Edge. So when I saw the plans to upgrade the ships fleet-wide I was like, well either they do this right and move upscale and I just accept they are worth (even more of) a premium, or they do this wrong and make me look for another go-to line. I feel like preliminary indications are that they are getting it wrong (except for the expanded beer list!), but I’m sure I’ll get around to seeing for myself anyway.

It seems interesting that the flyer posted in the first post says the Equinox is scheduled to be complete May 25, 2019. My cruise for May 25, 2019 has been cancelled by Celebrity, and the first available is June 1, 2019........surely the ship will not just sit for 8 days??

Another site shows the 25 June 2019 cruise as Sold Out. So it looks like it’s sailing and not sitting empty for 8 days. No idea why it’s sold out except, as happens on all Lines, it may be reserved for a special group.

Another idea may be that Celebrity decided the 25 May cruise was too close to it’s planned release so it cnx the cruise. The Summit has a cruise planned 2 days after it’s release date.

Den

I’m on Connie April 1 2020 finishing in Rome April 16 2020..... as her completion date is May 1 2020 I am fully expecting this cruise to be cancelled? I just wish they would be honest and tell us. People are still booking this cruise in the past few days....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that many with upcoming cruises wish that their ship get "revolutionized" before their sailing, but I'm glad that the Reflection won't get the treatment until after my 2/20 TA. I like the Reflection just as it is and worry that they will do something stupid like getting rid of the Lawn Club Grill.

I thought the same thing about the storage. Hopefully they will rethink that or will listen to people if it doesn't work in the first couple of ships and modify it for the following ones. They should hire people on Cruise Critic to help design their cabins. ;)

Fully agree especially last sentence. Whenever I see the words like “World class Architects & Designers” - I shudder.

Michael