check in

lobo55

They changed it so now you can't choose your arrival appointment until 90 days out. It used to be 180. If I'm not mistaken, for cruises booked well in advance, now you can't begin the online check-in process right away. If you login to your Cruise Manager, it should tell you when you can do it in your To Do List.

Anyone know what time check in starts today for the Horizon in Barcelona? The all onboard time is listed at 6 PM, sailing at 7 PM, we are guaranteed inside, got our assigned cabin 3 weeks ago but were not given a check in time for today. Anyone know when the ship docks?

Anyone know what time check in starts today for the Horizon in Barcelona? The all onboard time is listed at 6 PM, sailing at 7 PM, we are guaranteed inside, got our assigned cabin 3 weeks ago but were not given a check in time for today. Anyone know when the ship docks?

Check your boarding pass. It should have a check-in time on it.

Check your boarding pass. It should have a check-in time on it.

When I printed my documents 3 weeks ago the boarding time was blank, but it did have our cabin number and assembly station. Also wondering if they are serving lunch and what time lunch shuts down.

When I printed my documents 3 weeks ago the boarding time was blank, but it did have our cabin number and assembly station. Also wondering if they are serving lunch and what time lunch shuts down.

The MDR isn’t open. But they serve lunch in the buffet and other places depending on which ship you’re on. Everything shuts down for the safety briefing which I want to say is usually 3 or 3:30. After the safety briefing Guys burgers is open till 6pm.

when did the change occur? I have a check in time for 109 days from now. 11:30

Carnival made this change within the last 2-3 weeks or so. I think they originally changed it to 180 days out, but then very soon after changed it to 90 days out. If you happened to have a check-in time prior to the change occurring, I think they allowed you to keep it.

They changed it so now you can't choose your arrival appointment until 90 days out. It used to be 180. If I'm not mistaken, for cruises booked well in advance, now you can't begin the online check-in process right away. If you login to your Cruise Manager, it should tell you when you can do it in your To Do List.

Not true. I picked my arrival appointment time at about 107 days out. Not sure how far before I could have because I booked at about 110 days out.

Edit to add: I was able to pick a check in time. I can not do the check in process yet.

Edited by disneylover89

when did the change occur? I have a check in time for 109 days from now. 11:30

It was a couple of weeks ago they made the change (two changes actually) but if you had previously checked in and picked an arrival appointment, the 90 day window would not affect you since you're done! :)

Not true. I picked my arrival appointment time at about 107 days out. Not sure how far before I could have because I booked at about 110 days out.

Edit to add: I was able to pick a check in time. I can not do the check in process yet.

True. This is from Carnival's FAQ's:

• Q: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?
    A: Arrival Appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation, for sailings within 90 days of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

It was changed 2-3 weeks ago. They first changed it from 180 days to 100 days. Shortly after, it was changed to 90 days. If you happened to complete something before the change was made, it was saved.

True. This is from Carnival's FAQ's:

• Q: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?
    A: Arrival Appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation, for sailings within 90 days of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

It was changed 2-3 weeks ago. They first changed it from 180 days to 100 days. Shortly after, it was changed to 90 days. If you happened to complete something before the change was made, it was saved.

I guess I got lucky because I booked 2 rooms on May 1 and picked both check in times for 11:30-12:00. I have 101 days to cruising.

So what happens if you get there earlier than your scheduled check in time?

I'm with a group if 20 sailing out of Tampa, and we don't all have the same time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If the staff in Tampa are enforcing the policy, those who arrive earlier than their appointment time will not be allowed into the terminal.

I just paid off my September cruise yesterday (129 days out) and selected an arrival time. Maybe it has something to do with paying off the cruise, or that I am Platinum and it doesn't really matter about an arrival time.

Don't know for sure but I am all checked in with an arrival time @ 129 day till sailing.

I was all checked in for our Feb 23, 2019 cruise except for the check in time. Now when I look at our booking, under check in, it says that I now can't check in until November 25, 2018. It won't even let me look at any of the information I have already put in to see if it's still in there. Can't even look at the luggage tags.

• 3 months later...
When you book can you still go online and put information like: beds, dining preference, name, etc? or has that changed also?

You can edit your bed set up and dining preferences, but that's all until the booking opens for online check-in. You can obviously still order excursions, Fun Shop stuff, internet plan, etc.

ETA: you can also make payments on your booking if you booked directly with Carnival (online or PVP).