Allure- will they do anything to commemorate the Royal wedding?

Sailing on Allure May 13th (Mothers Day,) but our final sea day will be the 19th which is the day of the Royal wedding. Do ships typically do anything special to commemorate such things. Do I need to bring tiaras for GDs?

Sailing on Allure May 13th (Mothers Day,) but our final sea day will be the 19th which is the day of the Royal wedding. Do ships typically do anything special to commemorate such things. Do I need to bring tiaras for GDs?

I would hope not.

Given that interest in the UK is minimal ( with some hoping Harry will come to his senses before next Saturday....) I do not think there will be anything on board.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/955835/street-parties-fall-flat-celebrate-harry-meghans-big-day-royal-wedding/amp

It is also FA Cup Final ️ day which is far more important...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now, Cruise Critic does not identify anything special https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8623

The wedding will be over by 9 am EDT. Maybe an early morning viewing at the aqua theater?

I managed to think: 'They are both married already'

And then: 'Oh, some other country's royalty'

Right now, Cruise Critic does not identify anything special https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8623

The wedding will be over by 9 am EDT. Maybe an early morning viewing at the aqua theater?

Makes sense for those three lines to acknowledge the event. Cunard has relationship with the Royal Family, Cruise & Maritime Voyages is a British-based cruise line and Princess was owned by P&O which is a U.K. based company before it was acquired by Carnival Corp.

im going to be onboard the independence of the seas, during the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry an Megan Markle, there will be lots of British passengers, as well as Americans, an lots of other Nationalities, wanting to watch the Royal wedding, does anyone know how they will be celebrating on board ?, or maybe through past experiences of being on board a RCL ship sailing from Southampton during the wedding of prince William an Kate, an what celebrations they done on board then ?

I was on the Mariner when Prince William Married Kate. It was covered on the TV screens in a few places on the ship, but there wasn't any form of official event or party anywhere that I ever saw. And we were sailing in the Mediterranean at the time, so that could have been part of it. I would not expect any event, but I would think you might be able to find it on a TV somewhere.

Agreed . Fail to see the obsession with this wedding.

Tabloids (especially the British ones) seem to love anything related to the Royal Family.

From that POV, you've got Harry, second son of Diana, 6th in line for the throne, getting married to an American who is mixed race and a divorcee. Zero chance that they weren't going to eat that up.

For the rest of us, it's pretty much the definition of "it is what it is".