Soda cans in checked luggage?

Reading up on the FAQs it says:

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. "

However can you put the soda in your CHECKED luggage?

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. "

Hi

Not to be smart, but what do you want? You just posted the answer to your question. You can do whatever you want. Does it really matter what people on this site think?

Really? Too special to follow the rules I guess.

I do not want to the the one that owns the luggage under yours when one of your cans bursts and leaks down into my luggage.

There's a reason for the MUST BE in carry-on. Don't be a jerk.

WOW....Lets see, canned soda, checked bag...checked bag literally thrown into cart, bounced around on fork life onto ship, thrown into bins to be separated into decks, then to stateroom. Open said can, and "Old Faithful" all over the cabin.

I board on Thursday and my recent email says NO beverages to be brought on board.

To view this email as a web

• Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com.

No bottled beverages, cans and cartons are fine. Sure they aren't going to remind people that they can bring cans and cartons since those are drinks they aren't buying from Carnival.

I board on Thursday and my recent email says NO beverages to be brought on board.

• Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com.

Operative word is ‘bottled’

Cans and cartons are fine to bring onboard.

Reading comprehension at its finest.

Wow. Ya'll didn't have to be mean about it. I just didn't want to have a carton of soda in my backpack.

For those of you who weren't mean. Thank you.

You don't have to actually put it in your bag, you can simply carry it on.

What is the typical wait time until you can get into your room. I'm not sure I want to walk around carrying it for long.

Hi

If you check in around 1p.m., you will not only avoid most of the waiting from the crowds that like to arrive early, but your cabin will likely be ready by the time you board. You are also allowed to bring soda on board at each of your ports of call.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

You will have to make the decision if lugging your soda around is worth it. If you use a carry on style of luggage with wheels, then it will be easier to handle.

But, believe everyone else when they say that you do NOT want to put it in your checked luggage. Our first cruise many years ago, we were on one of the lower decks and walked to the elevator to discover the unloading of luggage. We must have watched them "unload" that elevator for 10-15 minutes. There was nothing even close to gentle about the unloading. They heaved and threw that luggage like nobody's business. I can tell you that was an eye opener!! We do not use our best luggage for cruises nor do we ever put anything in it that will break or burst. If I buy something during the cruise that is breakable, I always carry that off myself on disembarkation.

I would say YMMV, but I sincerely doubt it.

What is the typical wait time until you can get into your room. I'm not sure I want to walk around carrying it for long.

If you have a smaller carry-on bag (small suitcase or dufflebag) with wheels then you could use that. Then you just wheel it around instead carrying it. Just be sure bag is within size limits so it fits in the scanner, dimensions can be found on carnival website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bummer that Carnival is not as welcoming as some of its subsidiaries. Tape them up, slap on a luggage tag and leave it with the porter.

That would be nice. Doesn't sound like Carnival would do that. What cruise line was that?

Wow. Ya'll didn't have to be mean about it. I just didn't want to have a carton of soda in my backpack.

For those of you who weren't mean. Thank you.

I don't think it is mean to remind you it clearly states "must be in the guest's carry-on luggage."