Suite Lounge - can you take drinks out of the lounge?

I don’t think I understand. You can bring some wine, 2 bottles, and because you can take wine from the balcony you won’t?

I think the point is to have something you like to have on the balcony, not just to have alcohol on the balcony.

JC

I may still bring some but now that I know I can get something in the lounge then I won't make it a priority to pick some up. We are from Canada and flying in with limited luggage space. Obviously we won't be bringing some from home. If I get to a wine store before we board, then I will. If I don't, then c'est la vie, I'll drink what they offer in the lounge. We also have the 3 drink vouchers every evening. Just looking at my options.

we have never been stopped taking drinks out of the diamond or suite lounges.. in fact when they come around for last call they often ask if we want one to go,,,, also on oasis last year the lounge was so crowded I told the bartender we were taking the drinks back to our balcony,.. after I had come back again he poured me a carafe of vodka plus the fixings for our vodka and club sodas , put them on a tray and said "this will save you another trip back.. enjoy

Never questioned whether it's wine or beer. The issue became moot on our Easter Allure cruise as one can order drinks in the MDR or SR during the happy Hour. This is a policy on Oasis class ships. Don't know on Quantum class and will find out this August Anthem cruise.

I’m wondering if I missed something... we are sailing oasis this summer in a grand suite. I knew about the lounge and complimentary drinks but are there 3 drink tickets also?

Only if you are Diamond level or above.

Edited by Host Clarea

Never questioned whether it's wine or beer. The issue became moot on our Easter Allure cruise as one can order drinks in the MDR or SR during the happy Hour. This is a policy on Oasis class ships. Don't know on Quantum class and will find out this August Anthem cruise.

Unless they change, Anthem is a hard "no".

I may still bring some but now that I know I can get something in the lounge then I won't make it a priority to pick some up. We are from Canada and flying in with limited luggage space. Obviously we won't be bringing some from home. If I get to a wine store before we board, then I will. If I don't, then c'est la vie, I'll drink what they offer in the lounge. We also have the 3 drink vouchers every evening. Just looking at my options.

Agree. Different situation when you have to fly to a port. We did not take any on board when we flew to PR either. Plus we have wine waiting for us on ice in our cabin when we check in during embarkation day anyway. ;)

Agree. Different situation when you have to fly to a port. We did not take any on board when we flew to PR either. Plus we have wine waiting for us on ice in our cabin when we check in during embarkation day anyway. ;)

Welcome aboard...:wine-glass::wine-glass:

Very nice perk.

I love having a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc already iced down when we get into the cabin. :hearteyes:

The take on bottles are deep rich reds for Bucky. :cool:

We are then all set for a glass of wine on the balcony for sail away...one of our favorite traditions. :D

I love having a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc already iced down when we get into the cabin. :hearteyes:

We like having a glass on the balcony at sail away. Take on bottles are usually deep rich reds for Bucky. :cool:

My kind of people.:cool: Got a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc chilling for later this afternoon.

I believe freedom from New Jersey about 7 years ago or so? I had a grand suite I believe. We went previously in a suite and were able to, but on that one the concierge would not allow it. I haven't been on a royal Caribbean since. We loved taking strawberries but he wouldn't allow it. I was really upset considering the price we paid.

I believe freedom from New Jersey about 7 years ago or so? I had a grand suite I believe. We went previously in a suite and were able to, but on that one the concierge would not allow it. I haven't been on a royal Caribbean since. We loved taking strawberries but he wouldn't allow it. I was really upset considering the price we paid.

You are saying Freedom was based out of New Jersey? :confused::o She started in Ft. Lauderdale when she was brand new and then transferred up here to Port Canaveral up until recently when she was replaced by Oasis. Was always one of my favorite ships. Have had many great times on board and no problems with the concierge in the CL (Rahual) who was great.

I was on board in 2008 out of Ft. Lauderdale and then first of many sailings with her out of Port Canaveral starting 2/28/2011 when she came up here to home base for many years.

Edited by island lady

Ive been on a lot of cruises but don't remember which that was. I guess our concierge wasn't as nice as most, so I am happy to hear that is not the norm. My mother went with my husband and I and we like bringing snacks back because he didn't like to go in there! Anyway, we just got back from equinox and it was great. I don't have a list of which cruise ship and which year we went.

Ive been on a lot of cruises but don't remember which that was. I guess our concierge wasn't as nice as most, so I am happy to hear that is not the norm. My mother went with my husband and I and we like bringing snacks back because he didn't like to go in there! Anyway, we just got back from equinox and it was great. I don't have a list of which cruise ship and which year we went.

As has been posted many times, this is a recent situation, since there started to be vouchers on the seapass cards of C&A members. 7 years ago, this was not the case.