Just Back from Saint Martin

Bikini beach bar on Orient beach (one of the five stars) recently reopened -

From what I've heard work is also being done on Kon-tiki and Kakao with openings expected in time for the high season this winter

Also several smaller beach bars open and renting chairs - Chez Leandra has a kitchen and renting chairs - Perch Lite is open past the rocks by Pedro's

We have visited for extended vacations several times - will be on a cruise stop this November and absolutely plan to go to Orient Beach - my only holdup was making sure there are adequate bathrooms - assume with a fully functional restaurant and bar now open that there are

Is it the same as pre-Irma - certainly not... but I will still be there

• 2 weeks later...
According to the Port of St Maarten there is only one ship in, Carnival Fascination, which is a smaller ship by today's cruiseship standards. Very few timeshares are up and running just yet so there will be few larger planes as well.

Your post is confusing to me. You talk about Mullet but mention the planes and water taxi as well.

Mullet is the beach past the airplane beach which is Maho.

The water taxi does not go to either of those beaches but does go to Phillipsburg. You can take a water taxi back to the ship from Phillipsburg or walk or take a land taxi. Traffic around the port should not be busy on a Saturday with only the Fascination in.

To answer your question I think that you will have plenty of time to go to a beach and back to Phillipsburg for some shopping.

How easy is it to get a taxi from Moho Beach? There will only be one boat when we are in and it will be on a Thursday.

thank you.

How easy is it to get a taxi from Moho Beach? There will only be one boat when we are in and it will be on a Thursday.

thank you.

You will not have any problem finding a taxi. Drivers will start to petition you as soon as you get off the ship and clear the port area. You can get one right at the cruise terminal or get one in Philipsburg if you decide to go their first. Best to arrange a round trip with your driver, but even if you don't, finding a taxi (or the bus) at Maho to get back will not be a problem either.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who visited Grand Case Beach recently, if we rent a car is there easy places to park? We rented a car last time we went and explored a few beaches and Marigot but didn't make it to Grand Case. Would like to go there this trip (in November) and trying to decide if we rent a car again or just take a taxi and spend the day there.

Are any of the car rental businesses at the port even open? I had read reviews from pre-Irma that suggested Hertz car rental at the port, but their website is not operational. Anyone rented a car at the port recently?

For those of you who visited Grand Case Beach recently, if we rent a car is there easy places to park? We rented a car last time we went and explored a few beaches and Marigot but didn't make it to Grand Case. Would like to go there this trip (in November) and trying to decide if we rent a car again or just take a taxi and spend the day there.

I would take a Taxi. The roads around Grand Case were pretty torn up.

• 2 weeks later...
bikini beach bar on orient beach (one of the five stars) recently reopened -

from what i've heard work is also being done on kon-tiki and kakao with openings expected in time for the high season this winter

also several smaller beach bars open and renting chairs - chez leandra has a kitchen and renting chairs - perch lite is open past the rocks by pedro's

we have visited for extended vacations several times - will be on a cruise stop this november and absolutely plan to go to orient beach - my only holdup was making sure there are adequate bathrooms - assume with a fully functional restaurant and bar now open that there are

is it the same as pre-irma - certainly not... But i will still be there

ST. MARTEEN

good advise

thanks

will follow up in dec.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just returned last Saturday onboard RCI Freedom.....still very sad and a work in progress.

However Diamonds International has managed to build two new huge buildings near the port and has their name on one of the water taxi's...no surprise there !

Are any of the car rental businesses at the port even open? I had read reviews from pre-Irma that suggested Hertz car rental at the port, but their website is not operational. Anyone rented a car at the port recently?

Hertz at the port is open or at least it was last January when we were there on the divina (it had been removed from the itinerary post hurricanes but due to weather we couldn’t make Martinique so had an unplanned day in st marten) the website and I think telephone were down but hertz had rentals. We rented a Jeep for the day and had no issues (except nobody was at office when we returned so after waiting 30 minutes we just did the express return and let them charge our credit card instead of paying cash like originally planned) but there were no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk