Crown & Anchor

If you like to sail in a balcony cabin you can get discounts on the stateroom price once you reach platinum level (30 nights) and the discount percentage increases as you progress through the loyalty programme

Just made Diamond level and it is awesome. I love the Diamond Lounge. The people I have met in there has changed everything! So much knowledge in one place. I would have to say the benefit of meeting people in there is the greatest benefit of all! Is it crowded? Yes! Do I care? No! If you are one of the people I have met then thank you!

The Diamond lounge is a biggie along with the happy hour. We always pick up free pictures, wash a load of laundry, and use the internet. Those benefits increase as you move through the program. Oh! And how could I forget the SLOT PULLS! Once we scored a t-shirt on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

Does being a member bring any notable benefits? I'm about to go on my 3rd cruise and so far, I haven't seen any benefits to signing up

It takes 1 minute to sign up, don't be afraid of losing 1 minute. The benefits become more apparent as you see what is useful to you.

Hi folks,

Does being a member bring any notable benefits? I'm about to go on my 3rd cruise and so far, I haven't seen any benefits to signing up

There is no cost to join, so why wait? You get a few coupons at the gold level. When you do sign up, make sure they give you credit for the cruises you have already taken.

There is no cost to join, so why wait? You get a few coupons at the gold level. When you do sign up, make sure they give you credit for the cruises you have already taken.

you sign up after your first cruise right?

Hi folks,

Unless things are different in the UK you automatically become a member after your 1st cruise.

If you like to sail in a balcony cabin you can get discounts on the stateroom price once you reach platinum level (30 nights) and the discount percentage increases as you progress through the loyalty programme

Just to clarify, but you need 30 cruise points to reach platinum and not 30 nights. You earn 1 point per night and you earn an extra point per night by booking a JS cabi or higher, so reaching platinum can be achieved in less than 30 nights.

If traveling solo, you also earn an extra point per night in any cabin category and an extra point booking a JS cabin or higher.......so your max points on any cruise could be 3.

I think the benefits are better than a sharp stick in the eye, but only just. Royal also seems to enjoy changing the program, and their goals appear to be reducing costs, not rewarding loyalty.

Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy their cruises and think they're a good value. I just think the C&A plays little into my decision to cruise.

Just to clarify, but you need 30 cruise points to reach platinum and not 30 nights. You earn 1 point per night and you earn an extra point per night by booking a JS cabi or higher, so reaching platinum can be achieved in less than 30 nights.

If traveling solo, you also earn an extra point per night in any cabin category and an extra point booking a JS cabin or higher.......so your max points on any cruise could be 3.

Thank you, Patti, for explaining how points are earned.

In addition, balcony discounts are not based on "percentages". They are flat amounts based on C&A level and length of cruise. (And whether the cruise is booked more or less than six months out).

And "balcony" discount applies to any cabin with a balcony, I.e. Balcony category and up. (Suites)

Thank you, Patti, for explaining how points are earned.

In addition, balcony discounts are not based on "percentages". They are flat amounts based on C&A level and length of cruise. (And whether the cruise is booked more or less than six months out).

And "balcony" discount applies to any cabin with a balcony, I.e. Balcony category and up. (Suites)

Thanks Carol for explaining Balcony Discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi folks,

Some benefits depend on the port: Even with just a handful of points, there may be much shorter lines for embarcation paperwork where you receive your room key. The cruise I just returned from had a queue about 200 deep for "not C&A at all" and about 75 in "Gold (have cruised at least once before)".

You'll be able to get back-credit for the three cruises you've already taken too and it costs nothing but a little time to join.

Hi folks,

The real money advantage kicks in when you reach Diamond. We have a 18 night cruise coming up and the big items for us are the $325.00 balcony discount and 18 nights of free cocktails. That would be over 100 cocktails for the two of us at $10-$12 each. I think 50 for me over 18 nights is on the low side.

We have loved making the different levels, more perks with each level. Have some of the perks gone away over the years-yes, but we still enjoy what we do get. We are now working towards Pinnacle. Figure we can make it in about 2 years with what we have booked. We don't do suites so will have to do it the normal way - one point per night, but we will eventually get there.

We recently booked our second RCCL cruise with our first being over 10-years ago, and the cruise line shows no record that we ever cruised with them before. Does the account expire after going unused over a certain amount of time? Being that our first cruise was a 10-night southern caribbean it would be nice to have those nights accumulated to our total moving forward. I am sure we were Crown and Anchor members the first time but lost track of our number since.

We recently booked our second RCCL cruise with our first being over 10-years ago, and the cruise line shows no record that we ever cruised with them before. Does the account expire after going unused over a certain amount of time? Being that our first cruise was a 10-night southern caribbean it would be nice to have those nights accumulated to our total moving forward. I am sure we were Crown and Anchor members the first time but lost track of our number since.

See if you have any info on missing cruise, dates/ship/names at a min and they should be able to track it down. I had one missing from 1988, they had nothing(pre-real computers), fortunately I had my Ship Card. You shouldn't need it though...

Just made Diamond level and it is awesome. I love the Diamond Lounge. The people I have met in there has changed everything! So much knowledge in one place. I would have to say the benefit of meeting people in there is the greatest benefit of all! Is it crowded? Yes! Do I care? No! If you are one of the people I have met then thank you!

I have 2 cruises to reach Diamond,I can't wait.

See if you have any info on missing cruise, dates/ship/names at a min and they should be able to track it down. I had one missing from 1988, they had nothing(pre-real computers), fortunately I had my Ship Card. You shouldn't need it though...

We had an 11 night cruise back in 2000...the website used to show it as a 1 point cruise and then an adjustment of only 8 nights in 2011 when they changed the program. We have been trying to get the additional 2 nights, or at least an explanation on why others get the full credit while others don't...still waiting on an answer. We realize that 2 points isn't that big a deal but now its a matter of making them be consistent.

We had an 11 night cruise back in 2000...the website used to show it as a 1 point cruise and then an adjustment of only 8 nights in 2011 when they changed the program. We have been trying to get the additional 2 nights, or at least an explanation on why others get the full credit while others don't...still waiting on an answer. We realize that 2 points isn't that big a deal but now its a matter of making them be consistent.

I called RCCL and they where able to retrieve my past cruise info and loyalty number for out 11-night cruise. When I login however and click on past cruises it lists it as a 1-pt cruise, however my total number is 8. I suspect the same adjustment has been made as yours, but I think the difference is 3-points, and not a big deal unless you are 3-points shy of going up a level. Seems to me we should be eligble for all 11 but who knows.

My first cruise was in 2001. 4 night Caribbean cruise. My 2nd sailing with RC isn’t until 2019. 18yrs between sailings. I don’t even know if they had the C&A program back in 2001. I came across my onboard spending file from 2001. I scanned it and sent it to the Crown and Anchor program via the email link and we all received credit for that cruise. We will be Gold when we board next year.I would contact C&A and find out how you can add past cruises to your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called RCCL and they where able to retrieve my past cruise info and loyalty number for out 11-night cruise. When I login however and click on past cruises it lists it as a 1-pt cruise, however my total number is 8. I suspect the same adjustment has been made as yours, but I think the difference is 3-points, and not a big deal unless you are 3-points shy of going up a level. Seems to me we should be eligble for all 11 but who knows.

Both of your points are correct. I can't explain the conversion to you. Someone will be along to explain it.