Wash and Fold Service

I’ve looked on Carnivals website and I’ve found the individual pricing for wash/press service, but I cannot find the wash/fold service pricing. I think carnival offers a service where they wash/fold whatever you can squeeze into a laundry bag...anyone know the coat & turn-around on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They usually offer this once or twice during the week. It will be in your FunTimes. I think it's around $25 for the bag. Turn around is about a day -- you give it to your steward this morning and you'll have it back tomorrow evening. So worth it, too!

I would only use the wash and fold service if I had Platinum / Diamond where it is free. Not worth the money to me. Bring a few Tide pods and do it yourself.

That's why we utilize the service -- Platinum-level gets 3 bags per 7 day cruise.

Do not know or sure the price per bag. I am Platnium and when i do laudry they put a 15 dollar charge on my card and then they credit it. Usually when i do laudry there is a one day turn around. If i put it in Monday morning i get in back on Tuesday.They do whatever you get in a bag. usually send one and get two back

The bags they give you to "stuff" so they can wash and dry for you for $15, you can fit 5 of those into a washer and do them yourself. 5 of those bags would cost $75 for Carnival to do or $6 for you to do yourself. Even if you only used 1 bag, you're still looking at $6 vs $15.

Yes, I've counted how many would fit before.

it's not always about a few bucks, we are on vacation, not doing laundry. BTW, nobody is doing 5 bags. All the clothes we brought on the cruise would not fill 5 bags. One wash of underwear, bathing suits and t shirts works perfectly for a week.

• Like 1

The normal turn around is in by 9 get it at night. We give it to our room steward at night and get it back the next evening.

Only send out sturdy clothes. Nothing new, shrinkable, delicate, or red.

Clothes get washed in hot and dried in hot.

• Like 1

it's not always about a few bucks, we are on vacation, not doing laundry. BTW, nobody is doing 5 bags. All the clothes we brought on the cruise would not fill 5 bags. One wash of underwear, bathing suits and t shirts works perfectly for a week.

That's great if you only have a few items to wash but some people have more than a handful of things to wash.

We spend a week pre-cruise and a week post-cruise vacationing typically and at some point we have to do laundry. When you have 4 people, it leaves a few loads to be done along the way.

I talk about this in my review in my last cruise. Be sure to fill out the form. The instructions out here just kept saying "stuff a bag" so I did. But in reality, you need to note how many items you have and fill out a form that wasn't in my room so it delayed me getting my clothes back. We were on a Mon-Fri cruise and I stuffed a bag Wednesday. It didn't go until Thursday because I didn't know to do the form and then it got returned Thursday night - not much help since we left Friday.

I did this because cruise before last I ran out of underwear. In the end, I was glad I did it because it was nice to come home with so much laundry already washed and folded.

The cost varies, but I've only ever paid $15 or $20 for it. Underwear, T-shirts, shorts, cheap shirts, and socks, it's fine. They've always returned it to me the evening of the same day. When I cruise I'm usually gone for 2 weeks, and find the convenience well worth it.

I’ve looked on Carnivals website and I’ve found the individual pricing for wash/press service, but I cannot find the wash/fold service pricing. I think carnival offers a service where they wash/fold whatever you can squeeze into a laundry bag...anyone know the coat & turn-around on this?

Hi

As suggested, doing you own laundry on Carnival ships is an option.

The bags are good, but you have to keep in mind that it is not advisable to include anything delicate. If it's only socks, t-shirts, underwear, bathing suit, then you should be fine. If you were thinking of waiting till the last few days and getting everything done so you don't have to bring dirty clothes home, then I would do it myself as well.

have a great cruise

There are usually two $15 specials on a week long cruise and even before I became platinum (and diamond) I would use the specials to get sox, underwear, tee shirts and shorts laundered.

I do my own laundry at home, when I'm on vacation, my relax time is too important to be hanging around a sweaty laundromat. The difference in cost was insignificant.

The cost varies, but I've only ever paid $15 or $20 for it. Underwear, T-shirts, shorts, cheap shirts, and socks, it's fine. They've always returned it to me the evening of the same day. When I cruise I'm usually gone for 2 weeks, and find the convenience well worth it.

We do the same thing you do. After spending over $3000 for the cruise and extended vacation afterwards, that $15 or $20 charge for doing our laundry is a drop in the bucket. And we have always gotten ours back the same day we turned it in.

DH and I have been Platinums for a long time and we always do the free laundry (free for Platinums and Diamonds) on 7-day cruises. Also do it on Holland America. We do it on the 6th day of a 7 day cruise or 9th day on a 10 day cruise. We have found the clothes to be well cleaned and folded nicely. Great to go home with very little to have to wash. We don't bother with it on 4-5 day cruises.

It was mentioned the laundry bags are "wash and fold". But, realize it is also called "boiled and baked" by some. It's great for durable, color fast clothes.

I like the service, but I had to add this.:)

We are Platinum too, I believe it is per cabin, not per person, so three bags a week, which is plenty

I may be wrong, but, I believe it's three bags per Platinum passenger for a seven day or longer cruise.

Complimentary Wash & Fold laundry service

(2 bags on 3 – 6 day cruises,

3 bags on 7-12 day cruises, 5 bags on a 12+ day cruises )

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I just turned platinum.  I was thinking of turning in all three bags at once close to the end of my cruise so that I can have clean clothes once I get home.  I read that the turn around is usually a day, but is this a smart idea to do it a couple of days before the cruise ends?

1 hour ago, nrayorr said:

Hello,

I just turned platinum.  I was thinking of turning in all three bags at once close to the end of my cruise so that I can have clean clothes once I get home.  I read that the turn around is usually a day, but is this a smart idea to do it a couple of days before the cruise ends?

Yes, the turnaround time is usually one day. We always get ours done 2 days before cruise ends