“Chair hogging” in Observation Lounge.

Maya1234

How do you block?? That eye is the worst!

I’m using an iPhone and at the top right corner tap Member, then select User Control Panel. Scroll down to Settings & Options, then tap Edit Ignore List. Then fill in box below: Add a Member to Your List....

The "they" being an NCL crew members.

Unfortunately, most cruise lines are afraid to take on the selfish inconsiderate cruisers. I guess the path of least resistance is for the cruise line to ignore pushy people while repeating: I see nothing, I see nothing!" :(:(:(

So,,, considering the foot print of the OL and the identical footprint of the Garden Cafe directly above (which has identical forward and side view), there is a lot of warm, covered Alaskan Viewing.

ec9adc9fc0782273689c77ffe9c5666c.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture #4, I see 2 bar seats waiting for me!

Some so called hogs are legit but many aren't. It isn't worth the battle with the people that being rude. You know those type of people will "fly off the handle" when anything goes wrong, it tends to go along with that personality type.

I'm not trying to get anyone going here, I've just witnessed confrontations and it usually goes badly.

The lines need to blitz this with audio reminders etc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I’m using an iPhone and at the top right corner tap Member, then select User Control Panel. Scroll down to Settings & Options, then tap Edit Ignore List. Then fill in box below: Add a Member to Your List....

Thanks!!

Therein lies the rub. What is in YOUR mind is not what matter. I do not need a 'excuse' to go to the bar, the bathroom, or to go up to my cabin to get my meds if I forgot them. Seeing as I am limited mobility and use a walker, it can easily take me more than your silly personal time limit to accomplish any task I may need to get done. NEVER move another person's belongings ever.

I agree with you that it's better if a member of staff remove things left on chairs but I don't agree that it's always wrong to remove other persons things.

You say "What is in YOUR mind is not what matter". I can say the same thing to you: What is in YOUR mind is not what matter. You don't decide about the rules or what other people can do.

Again in yoru opinion. The difference being this is NOT a hotel lobby or an airport.

That's your opinion!

You are right, it's not a hotel lobby or an airport but it's your opinion that people can leave things on a chair on a cruiseship. What is in your mind is not what matter.

I love the fact that the lounge is quiet enough, the sofa is comfortable enough, and the passenger is relaxed and enjoying their vacation enough that a nap on the sofa happens. That is the sign of a good vacation right there!

I love the fact that the lounge is quiet enough, the sofa is comfortable enough, and the passenger is relaxed and enjoying their vacation enough that a nap on the sofa happens. That is the sign of a good vacation right there!
It is funny how we all see things differently. I think it is awful to walk into a room and see someone sleeping, because many times they are snoring or have their mouth wide open...ugh!

Hogging is not “ camping out” to me. It’s trying to claim possession while not there. Ala towels on deck chairs. My question was really about what “ things” would be used to “hog”.

In any event anything left on an observation lounge chair would have to be considered in my mind to be abandoned if the owner does not take it with them when they leave the chair for more than 5 minutes. I would turn them in to a crew member so they can be brought to lost and found.

There is no excuse for leaving things on a chair for longer. Unlike at a pool where you can be using the chair to hold things while you get in the pool.

What if you have to do number 2? Lmao

I have thought up a solution to the OL chair hog problem.

A reservation system with a 1 hour time limit and a $10pp fee.

living the CruiseLife

Then line up and wait for the complainer to whine about nickles and dimes. Best solution, go to the OL and get a seat that is not taken and stop worrying about how others are enjoying their cruise!

All that NCL needs to do is put up a sign that says that belongings may not be left unattended on chairs/couches and that guests are free to move them to under the chair if they see unattended items there. They can then pick up anything under the chairs and put in lost and found.

This won’t work at the pool because there is a legitimate need to leave things on chairs in order to use the pool . Not so in the OL. There is no justification for leaving things on a chair any more than you would in a hotel lobby.

A sign like that would have people do what they do at a hotel lobby or in an airport. You get up, you take all your stuff with you.

So I can’t go to the bar to get a drink?

Nope. Just like at the airport or at a hotel lobby if you use the restroom or go to your room or go to the lobby bar you take your things. You find a new seat thereafter.

Your logic is flawed. For one, at the airport I have absolutely left my bag at a chair when going to use the restroom. I mean who wants to lug their bag with them into the bathroom?

Post #2 by Birdtravels, top photo on Observation Lounge rules states that seating is not to be reserved. All other points are moot.

Reserving a seat vs leaving a seat to go to the bar are two different things.

Are we really discussing someone’s avatar? Come on. Get over it.

How do you block?? That eye is the worst!

LOL I can imagine your feelings had I used the avatar that I initially intended to use. I may just have to switch. I guess you never look anyone in the face when you are talking to them either, huh? LOL

So now we have grown the list by one...

Smoking

Proper use of loungers and chairs

Tipping

Acceptable dining attire

Did I miss anything? :)

There is one chair.

Two people want the chair.

Person A has the chair.

Person B denigrates Person A by labeling them a "chair hog".

That is what this is all about.

The chair is not available because Person A has it. Person B simply wants the chair to not be available because they have it instead.

Mine. Mine. Mine.

There is one chair.

Two people want the chair.

Person A has the chair.

Person B denigrates Person A by labeling them a "chair hog".

That is what this is all about.

The chair is not available because Person A has it. Person B simply wants the chair to not be available because they have it instead.

Mine. Mine. Mine.

So you don’t think there is such a thing as chair hogs? You think it’s acceptable for someone to go out to the pool deck at 7 in the morning, put a towel down, only to return after lunch time?

So you don’t think there is such a thing as chair hogs?

. . . and THIS is where you lost me.

Could you please point out where I said that chair hogs don't exist? Where I said there was no such thing?

Could it be that I only said the chair hog exists because one person wants a chair that another person already has?

If Person B didn't want the chair, Person A could have it all day and not be a chair hog.

If Person A gets out of the chair, and Person B takes possession of it, how long can Person B sit there before Person C can legitimately label them as a chair hog because Person C now wants the chair??