Cost for 3rd/4th person?

We haven’t cruised with family in 5 years. Can you no longer get a cruise with the 3rd and 4th person free or low cost? Looking at Alaska for next July and rates are about triple what we expected for 3 cabins!

I have never seems a kids sale free sale for summer. It was cheaper for us to get two connecting inside rooms than larger balcony or jr suite for our upcoming June cruise. If you sail off season you can find a kids sale free (sept- may excluding holiday weeks and spring break time)

There really isn't an "off-season" for Alaska so you're unlikely to see the "Kids Sail Free*" promo. I add the * because sometimes they fudge the numbers making them not exactly free.

I'm doing Alaska next year, but with NCL. They *do* have a 3rd and 4th person free promo and they don't have to be kids.

Royal never had a standard sale 3-4th passenger, that's the other cruise line has that. Actually 15-30 years ago during peak seasons Spring Break, Xmas Break and all summer 3/4 was always more then passenger 1-2. Made it hard as a single parent with 3 kids. We always had to cruise during school year, Feb or Oct. Fortunately Royal is now more Family friendly/welcoming...

It looks like Royal Caribbean has the following ships doing the Alaska itinerary; the Ovation of the Seas & the Radiance of the Seas.

The Ovation is round trip Seattle and the Radiance does the north/south directions either from Seward or Vancouver.

Looks like the 3rd & 4th on the Ovation would be around $580 + gratuities & fees for a balcony

and the Radiance the 3rd & 4th would be around $1016 + gratuities & fees.

Hope the information is helpful.

There were a handful of cruises going out of NYC and Baltimore during the summer that had KSF back when they ran a KSF in the fall of 2018. I know as I booked one. They were for the Canada/New England cruises.

RCI does not send many ships to Alaska like HA and Princess, so they typically have no issues filling those ships for the Alaska season and this have no sales on them.

I have done quite a few cruises with 3 or 4 sharing. The cost for 3rd/4th person has never been free for me.

My experience is that the 3rd/4th person price has a significant discount but there is no consistency so you have to get quotes for individual cruises. Sometimes they have a promotion with 25% off 3rd/4th person and that is on top of the usual discount. I have found this type of offer to be genuine and the cost is a lot cheaper.