Price Alert Oasis Jan 6th

Not always - we've had reported "mistake price" bookings cancelled by RCI.

Biker, who got sucked in again by a CC price announcement.

I'm not biting.

John is sticking to his plan to be a GGG cruiser in 2019.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seems kinda early but Oasis Jan 6th, 2019 balcony prices are dirt cheap. Central Park-$518, Boardwalk-$555 8D-$611

with Diamond discount Boardwalk- $480, 8D-$535

Damn, too bad I'm already on the Liberty that week and prices on her keep going up :( Non-refundable Deposit of course

Great post, I probably won't take advantage, but I had gotten great deals here because of posts like this

Similar pricing got us to book our first ever upcoming RCI cruise. Found the rate mid April this year for Oasis Aug 26, 2018- $535 pp for an ocean view balcony gty cabin. Booked 3 of us in the cabin for $1911 total including port taxes/fees. Works out to $637 total pp which I thought was a great price and we got a port side aft on deck 12 assigned

(y)

To be fair, there's not a whole lot of down side to a $468 Boardwalk balcony on an Oasis class ship.

I could deal with that. Maybe in a couple of years when I get more vacation.

I suppose they are having a difficult time filling up these mega ships, especially after schools starts up again right after the Christmas/New Years holiday.
January is always cheap. We sailed Oasis this past Janusry in OV large balcony for just under $1,400 this year

Why never again?
1) The creepy guy with binoculars across from us. No privacy. He was on the balcony all the time and didn't seem to be looking at the ocean most if the time.

2) No clear ocean view. We had the last cabin on the aft and still had to look over the aqua theater to see it. The rest of the Boardwalk's would be worse.

3) Instead of a soothing ocean sounds...you hear merry go round music with passengers talking over it.

4) Tiny balcony

5) They play the movies on the screen next to your cabin. Loudly!

6) Noise from the Rock Wall during the day.

Why even buy a balcony if you are going to have the door and shades closed all the time. We cruise for the ocean. If we want great entertainment and food....we go to Vegas.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1) The creepy guy with binoculars across from us. No privacy. He was on the balcony all the time and didn't seem to be looking at the ocean most if the time.

2) No clear ocean view. We had the last cabin on the aft and still had to look over the aqua theater to see it. The rest of the Boardwalk's would be worse.

3) Instead of a soothing ocean sounds...you hear merry go round music with passengers talking over it.

4) Tiny balcony

5) They play the movies on the screen next to your cabin. Loudly!

6) Noise from the Rock Wall during the day.

Why even buy a balcony if you are going to have the door and shades closed all the time. We cruise for the ocean. If we want great entertainment and food....we go to Vegas.

That’s why RC has to give “incentives” to get people to book those rooms. It’s like them saying “we know this room is crappy compared to OV balcony and we aren’t charging much less for it, so to make up, here’s a bottle of wine and a voucher for lunch.”

I always sail OV balcony but if that category wasn’t available, I’d take an interior over the merry go round music.

That’s why RC has to give “incentives” to get people to book those rooms. It’s like them saying “we know this room is crappy compared to OV balcony and we aren’t charging much less for it, so to make up, here’s a bottle of wine and a voucher for lunch.”

I always sail OV balcony but if that category wasn’t available, I’d take an interior over the merry go round music.

Not a fan of the neighborhood balcony cabins. We had one of the dbl wide balconies in CP, it was ok once we got lounge chairs delivered. The cabins are the same as far as I could tell.

With C&A discount they are cheaper than insides some of the time

Tried it once on a B2B. The very last cabin on the aft on deck 12......never again.

Just curious, any different on week 1 or 2? I had the last ocean view on deck 12, back when there was a public balcony there, and loved that cabin. I've heard mixed reviews on noise and disturbance on the Boardwalk and it seems to heavily vary from one cruise to the next. That said, I would pick something else, but for a great price on a 7 day cruise that I might otherwise not go on, I would jump on this.

Just curious, any different on week 1 or 2? I had the last ocean view on deck 12, back when there was a public balcony there, and loved that cabin. I've heard mixed reviews on noise and disturbance on the Boardwalk and it seems to heavily vary from one cruise to the next. That said, I would pick something else, but for a great price on a 7 day cruise that I might otherwise not go on, I would jump on this.
Week 2 was better as the dude across the way was gone.....but we really missed seeing/hearing the ocean. Oasis class has very few public places with ocean views. The ocean balcony cabin becomes even more important on this class.

This is a fantastic deal on Oasis....but I would pay the extra $70 per person to go ocean over Boardwalk or CP.

Week 2 was better as the dude across the way was gone.....but we really missed seeing/hearing the ocean. Oasis class has very few public places with ocean views. The ocean balcony cabin becomes even more important on this class.

This is a fantastic deal on Oasis....but I would pay the extra $70 per person to go ocean over Boardwalk or CP.

I agree, especially since they made those public balconies into suites. Still, a great last minute offer on one of these I would take it and look for an upgrade.

I agree, especially since they made those public balconies into suites. Still, a great last minute offer on one of these I would take it and look for an upgrade.
The problem on hoping for an upgrade is the low starting point of your cabin.