Oasis Class Outside Balcony Prices

I always see the endless threads about the various drink package prices and what is a good deal or not and it got me thinking. What would be a great price or what is the lowest someone has got a outside balcony (Ocean View) on a Oasis Class ship. For this thread I would like to exclude Symphony since its brand new and am looking for cruises out of Florida not Europe. I figure all my fellow cruise critic members probably scan Royal's website daily looking for deals and was just curious as to if I saw a xxx price for a outside balcony I should jump on it. I know it will vary from time of year (spring break, Christmas, etc..) but just wanted to know how low has anybody seen for these cabins. Also I am not looking for discounts if you get a Diamond discount or some other discount I am just curious to the standard rate anybody has found.

Thanks

Best we’ve ever done is $2180 for an ocean view balcony. We have sailed eight of the last nine summers on an Oasis class ship. We always sail in July so price may be a bit higher than what can be found at a different time of year.

I always see the endless threads about the various drink package prices and what is a good deal or not and it got me thinking. What would be a great price or what is the lowest someone has got a outside balcony (Ocean View) on a Oasis Class ship. For this thread I would like to exclude Symphony since its brand new and am looking for cruises out of Florida not Europe. I figure all my fellow cruise critic members probably scan Royal's website daily looking for deals and was just curious as to if I saw a xxx price for a outside balcony I should jump on it. I know it will vary from time of year (spring break, Christmas, etc..) but just wanted to know how low has anybody seen for these cabins. Also I am not looking for discounts if you get a Diamond discount or some other discount I am just curious to the standard rate anybody has found.

Thanks

When these types of questions are asked, you'll get a variety of answers, and everyone seems to use different math. With Royal's pricing structure, you can't really look at the base per person fare and determine whether or not it's a "good" deal. You have to look at the out the door price. Incentives like OBC can affect how Royal prices the cabin.

That being said, my next OV balcony on Oasis for 2 adults cost $1,970. This includes taxes and port fees, but not gratuity. I received $225 OBC from Royal and $125 OBC from TA.

That being said, in my mind (since OBC is essentially the same as cash) I got the cabin for $1,970 - $350 OBC = Grand total of $1,620. Gratuity will be additional and I will pay onboard.

I consider this total cabin price for 2 adults to be a good deal. Others may disagree.

So like I said, it really just depends on how people do their math.

A couple of days ago the Oasis 1/6/19 had OV balconies for $611 each before any discounts. That's about the cheapest I have seen. That price is no longer available

We are on the Oasis in December for $1400 total for an OV balcony but that includes a c and a balcony discount. We booked one last year for around $1300 with discounts

A couple of years ago now, but we paid about $1200 plus tax after platinum balcony discount and before port fees for 7 night eastern Caribbean (that turned out to be Western, but that's what happens when you cruise during hurricane season).

Really if you have been watching the pricing, you'll get a pretty good idea of when there is a good deal. A travel agent can be very helpful in finding the best rates as well.

Thanks

There is really no such thing as a standard rate with RCL anymore, there is always some kind of discount/OBC/instance discount offer tied into their rates

I'm booked for the Allure this August coming up and it was $1,100 (taxes, port fees, etc. included) for 2 of us. Oceanview balcony.

Taxes and port fees are usually about $125pp. So in other words, you found a base fare of $425pp for OV balcony on Allure, and you received no discounts?

I'm going to have to call bull on that one...

September Oasis (after Labor day) out of PC for $1,750 (includes taxes, no grats) plus received otherTA perks (OBC, soda, etc) not included in above amount. I have booked this twice in 2017 and 2018 Oceanview Balc deck 8.

Taxes and port fees are usually about $125pp. So in other words, you found a base fare of $425pp for OV balcony on Allure, and you received no discounts?

I think they might have had a FCC from an Irma impacted cruise. Here's the thread that they posted in

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54066972#post54066972

Yes, I forgot to take into consideration about OBC credits and how that would affect the total costs or perceived value. My questions stems from the short time I have been looking at cruise prices and the various "sales" Royal has and trying to determine what is actually a good deal or not. Again I know time of year and how close far away sailing date is would matter. I see they also will throw in a drink / food package or gratuity as a perk. I know it is not a cut and dry question that can be answered but I thank those that have given their response. What I have seen at least the dates I have looked for that I am interested in is between 1800-2100 for Oasis/Allure for outside balcony and have not seen it go any lower and that usually has a 100 OBC with it.

Edited by md80fan
clarify

I think they might have had a FCC from an Irma impacted cruise. Here's the thread that they posted in

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54066972#post54066972

And that's why these "what's a good deal" questions are pointless on this forum. Folks receive hefty discounts yet fail to mention that when reporting their numbers, thus making their claim completely insignificant to the rest of us.

Probably $1100 pp. Because I’m also sailing in August on Allure and if you paid $425 pp I would be highly pissed because I’m paying almost $1300 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I skimmed through the original post.

That is with discounts lol, sorry.

Probably $1100 pp. Because I’m also sailing in August on Allure and if you paid $425 pp I would be highly pissed because I’m paying almost $1300 pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The poster specifically said it was a total of $1100 for 2 people. Not per person. Hence why I am very curious as to where that number came from, because it simply does not make sense.

I thought so. What were the discounts? August is usually a pretty expensive month.

I forgot which promotion was going on at the time I booked it. But I'm a Florida resident so thats a discount and I got friends/family discount (family member works for RCI).

Also was able to get $50 OBC.

I forgot which promotion was going on at the time I booked it. But I'm a Florida resident so thats a discount and I got friends/family discount (family member works for RCI).

Florida resident discount?

Oasis D4 balcony

Deck 6 near Schooner

Jan 28, 2018

$1365 for two, including taxes

$250 C&A discount

$150 OBC is not reflected in the price above

Booked in Dec 2017 while on ship

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And maybe used your Future Cruise Certificate from a shortened hurricane Irma cruise in 2017??

Florida resident discount?

Yes. If you are a Florida resident, you receive a discount.

The Allure leaves out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. I'm not sure if that discount works for sailings outside of Florida. I've never sailed outside of FL., so I wouldn't know.

Oasis D4 balcony

Deck 6 near Schooner

Jan 28, 2018

$1365 for two, including taxes

$250 C&A discount

$150 OBC is not reflected in the price above

Booked in Dec 2017 while on ship

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you also get the Florida Resident Discount the other poster referenced?

I ask because I myself am a resident of Florida, and I've never received that discount. The booking tool asks what state you live in but I never see the dollar amount change.