Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

I know exactly what you are talking about. This is why the times we have had to Muster in the Aquatheater, I got there early. For others reading is this different on Harmony and Symphony, some pictures I've seen suggested no hard wooden benches.

Same type seats on Harmony.

42996984212_79d113d0be.jpg

Probably to do life boat drills or test them by lowering them to the water.

Royal typically does their drills in ports of call, with the exception of Coast Guard inspections that take place in the ship’s home port. Can be cool to watch if you haven’t left for an excursion by the time they do them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Do you have a cat? Cat owners mostly prefer under for obvious reasons (obvious to us anyway :')). Although, I'm still an "over person".

Well I will disagree on this one, we have a lot of cats, as we do cat rescue. Ours is always over - never under.

On a side note I can't wait until October and getting to experience the Allure for ourselves. Will be our first time on one of these gigantic ships.

I actually found a site where people ask which method is better:

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a4832645/testing_forehead_temperature_with_lips_or_fingers

We may not have a clear winner here. Like the hotly debated topics: Toilet paper over or under? Crunchy or smooth peanut butter? Twilight or the Vampire Diaries? Yanny or Laurel?

We may never have consensus.

And the toilet paper is always OVER.

Of course it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. I will say "the wife" on occasion as a joke. Any one who knows me knows I adore my wife and she gets treated how a good wife should be. That said, my ringtone when she calls is the sound of a RED ALERT sound followed, WARNING, IT'S THE WIFE! My nails on chalkboard is when people say they use the jacuzzi on the ship. [/thread hijack]

Oh, come on, Bill.

Do you always "photocopy" that paper, or do you "Xerox" it?

Thank you but he had a very good life and was out chasing squirrels and birds right till the end. He definitely ruled the neighborhood. He was an outside cat so would go out every night and often not come back till the morning. One night he went out and didn't come back. We searched for days with no luck. After several weeks, we reluctantly put his food dishes and litter box in the garage. 3 months later, I hear a noise like turkeys cackling on the deck at like 2AM. Open the door and there he was, cold, dirty scrawny but alive. Took him to the vet and except for fleas and clearly malnourished, he was fine. Never could get him to tell us where he went. He lived for another 5-6 years after that.

Thank you but he had a very good life and was out chasing squirrels and birds right till the end. He definitely ruled the neighborhood. He was an outside cat so would go out every night and often not come back till the morning. One night he went out and didn't come back. We searched for days with no luck. After several weeks, we reluctantly put his food dishes and litter box in the garage. 3 months later, I hear a noise like turkeys cackling on the deck at like 2AM. Open the door and there he was, cold, dirty scrawny but alive. Took him to the vet and except for fleas and clearly malnourished, he was fine. Never could get him to tell us where he went. He lived for another 5-6 years after that.

Wow! Glad to hear he was ok! I couldn’t imagine living with the uncertainty for 3 months of where my pet is! I’m so sorry for your loss, but happy to hear he had a nice long life. I have 2 cats myself, one turning 14 in August and the other turning 6 and 2 and a half weeks and I’m hoping my older one lives at least through the remainder of my college years while I’m still at home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP -

In Belize, we booked direct with cavetubing.bz It was a great day. Note: Not carrying your tube through the jungle (or rather rain forest) is worth using this one.

As with other non-ship excursions, I would suggest reviews on the port specific page on CC or other sites such as Trip Advisor.

Your review has been fantastic...I am enjoying it more than most because of your writing style.

It is odd how a little thing can be like fingernails on a chalkboard . Your calling your son #theboy has been irritating me yet causing me to smile at the same time. For 8 pages I have tried to figure out why it bothers me and I finally came to me. I used to have a friend who always referred to his wife as “the wife” and never referred to her by her name. When he said “my wife” we believed he was being disrespectful. HOWEVER, when you call Nicholas #theboy it sounds endearing and cute because for 8 pages your love for him and the joy of your relationship has shined brightly and nicely enhanced your story. #theboy is so very fortunate to have such a wonderful mom.

Thank you for taking your time to include personal details in your review. They added to the pleasure of reading these pages.

I agree with you about the OP referring to her son as #the boy in a loving way and this review is very interesting and entertaining. However, I’m one of those wives who would feel disrespected and hurt if my wonderful, loving DH of more than 40 years ever called me “the wife.” and I would never call him or refer to him as “the husband.” Nails on a chalkboard: yes, demeaning? YES!

Happy cruising everyone!!

Loving your review - the title was perfectly intriguing and I'm personally glad the reveal wasn't too early. LOL :D

To catch up with a few things:

Belize - Definitely also recommend cavetubing.bz I have used them twice if that's any indicator. ;)Smaller group than cruise line, go further down river than cruise line plus delicious lunch! Felt completely safe!

Next time in Roatan I recommend Zip and Dip with South Shore Zipline Small group - 1st time just me & DD plus family of 4; 2nd time just me and gentleman & young son (after my DH bailed due to hurting knee&ankle rt before trip)

TP - Positively over! I have been enlightened however and will forgive cat owners, but only cat owners, in the future if they decide to use under.

Fever w/o technology (like on a cruise ship) - Lips! I always did back of the hand until hearing about lips - definitely seems like lips are more sensitive and thus more accurate. ;p

Looking forward to the rest of your review!!! :cool: