Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

My experience - if you look at toilet paper that is printed, puppies or flowers or such, they are always up the right way if paper goes over. If you put it under, they are upside down on the roll. I have been waiting for years to share this useful observation with someone.

Loving this review too.

Always over! TP is printed on the top side -that seems like confirmation to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently my wife, a RN, was looking at me this morning at 3:30AM trying to figure out if I was alive, since I was sleeping silently and unmovingly, so she started touching my arm which was exposed to room temp air and was cool, and then she started touching me to see if she needed to do CPR... to which I woke up and said, what was I doing that caused this.

The result of my 15 year older brother dying a month ago in his sleep...

Sigh....

JC

Oh, jc, I am so sorry about your brother.

May his memory be a blessing.

Day 5 – Roatan

Interesting side note. While standing at the gate waiting for Johan to return I was chatting with a few of the tour operators who were standing there trying to get Allure's passengers to buy from them. One gentleman asked which ports this cruise had been on so far and commented that he was glad we hadn't gone to Belize. I asked him why, and the gist of his answer is that the tour operators there are very unethical and pushy. When I told him I would be going to Belize on my next cruise, he told me in no uncertain terms that while in most ports, including Roatan, it is fine to plan tours directly and not through the cruise line, do NOT do that in Belize. He made me promise him that I would ONLY book through the cruise line next year. Has anyone reading this had any experiences in Belize to share?

We've been to Belize only once. On that trip we did an independent cave tubing with cavetubing bz. It was one of our all time favorite excursions on any of the Caribbean islands. One of the more difficult things about getting to Belize is the long tender. Once we got there, we found our tour group. Some were also doing a zipline, so that took a bit of sorting out.

Unlike other cave tubing excursions with the ship, we did not have to carry our tubes as we hiked over to the caves. They had the tubes waiting for us at the cave entrance. Others had to carry theirs all the way, and it is a good jaunt. After the cave tubing, we went to a covered area and had a very authentic lunch then headed back to the ship.

Our experience was positive. I did book it prior to arriving at Belize. The company was recommended by others here on CC.

Oh, jc, I am so sorry about your brother.

May his memory be a blessing.

Thank you Carol. He was a pretty awesome guy, self made millionaire. Opinionated as could be and because my dad died when I was 12 he was sort of half brother half father.

I miss him but it is OK.

JC

Like many others have mentioned, we booked with cavetubing bz in Belize and had an amazing time--they were great. We did the zipline, then cavetubing (loved not having to carry the tubes), and then lunch--it was sooooo good.

And a big thank you to whoever suggested searching issue for the teen Compass. I didn't find one for Allure or the itinerary that we are doing, but there were a couple for other Caribbean trips on Oasis class ships, so I figure they are going to be close enough to get an idea. My 15 year old is a kid that needs to at least have an idea of what to expect to tamp down anxiety, so these will help. I'm sorry I can't remember the username of which one of you suggested it--but THANK YOU!!

Welp, four days, 11 pages and 200+ posts and we still aren't there. I'm bailing here folks and with good reason. We leave on the Anthem in the morning with #thefamily.

Perhaps when we return in 9 days we will have settled the TP over/under debate and the unwanted guest will have finally been revealed.

Until then...

Welp, four days, 11 pages and 200+ posts and we still aren't there. I'm bailing here folks and with good reason. We leave on the Anthem in the morning with #thefamily.

Perhaps when we return in 9 days we will have settled the TP over/under debate and the unwanted guest will have finally been revealed.

Until then...

Just remember, if your child may have a fever...………………..back of the hand!

No, lips!

No, back of the hand!

No, lips!

:D :D :D

Until then...

The unwanted guest was revealed earlier this evening. Read post 195.

No, lips!

No, back of the hand!

No, lips!

I’ve not been blessed with children, but I’ve always thought lips was a good way to catch whatever your child has!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Until then...

Great so far, but this did make me think of the one a few years ago about the father that missed the ship in the Bahamas. His story went for a week or so if I remember correctly.

Until then...

Four days.... I can completely understand. With life, work and a family some of us are limited to the amount of time we can actually post. I have done a few live reviews on the ship because I have time..... Much more difficult to make the time when I get back to the "real" world. Loving your review. Thank you for doing this.

No, lips!

No, back of the hand!

No, lips!

You're supposed to back-hand your kid if they have a fever????:eek: That doesn't sound right .... :confused:

Apparently my wife, a RN, was looking at me this morning at 3:30AM trying to figure out if I was alive, since I was sleeping silently and unmovingly, so she started touching my arm which was exposed to room temp air and was cool, and then she started touching me to see if she needed to do CPR... to which I woke up and said, what was I doing that caused this.

The result of my 15 year older brother dying a month ago in his sleep...

Sigh....

JC

I'm so sorry for you and your family. That must have been so hard.

I agree with you about the OP referring to her son as #the boy in a loving way and this review is very interesting and entertaining. However, I’m one of those wives who would feel disrespected and hurt if my wonderful, loving DH of more than 40 years ever called me “the wife.” and I would never call him or refer to him as “the husband.” Nails on a chalkboard: yes, demeaning? YES!

Happy cruising everyone!!

Love your review but stumped by your use of #theboy :confused: For me, I think it's the use of the hashtag.

Love your review but stumped by your use of #theboy :confused: For me, I think it's the use of the hashtag.

This! I don't see the need for the hashtag.

Otherwise the review is great!

I'll be bailing for 10 days later today as I'm off to Rome this evening and then the Jewel of the Seas to Greece on Sunday!!!!!

Great so far, but this did make me think of the one a few years ago about the father that missed the ship in the Bahamas. His story went for a week or so if I remember correctly.
There are trip reports on here that literally take the poster months to complete. Not sure why so many are so hung up on the pace of this one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Why are we talking about cats and about toiet paper? I thoight I had the wrong thread🤪
I came back to the thread this morning and thought the same thing.

You're supposed to back-hand your kid if they have a fever????:eek: That doesn't sound right .... :confused:
This made me LOL. And BTW, when my daughter was a toddler and my brother, an MD, was childless, he told me that you couldn't tell if a child had a fever by touch. I disagreed. He changed his song after he had kids.

I am on the "under" team. Makes it easier to find the end in the dark at night.

This thread is both entertaining and informative.

Following along, as for the lady who wanted to get off the elevator, some people get freaked out by being in a car that is very crowed.

Oh yes, that would be me. Growing up, my kids knew to hold my hand and keep telling me to breathe. I have gotten off elevators many times for this reason. BUT I always apologize as I run screaming for the door!!!

Rude is rude. We have all been rude at times. There are no good excuses. There are only sincere apologies.

There are trip reports on here that literally take the poster months to complete. Not sure why so many are so hung up on the pace of this one.

.....because reading it is so enjoyable. I feel the same way when I am reading a good book. But, there is a benefit to a slower pace...prolongs the pleasure.:)

How is it any different than the use of DW/DH/DD/DS? It's the writer's prerogative, and I think it's a rather cute term of endearment, in my opinion.

How is it any different than the use of DW/DH/DD/DS? It's the writer's prerogative, and I think it's a rather cute term of endearment, in my opinion.

The “#” has grown on me.

I can’t stand the use of DW/DH/DD/DS....but not as much as I dislike HOTS, EOTS, AOTS, MOTS, EOTS, etc. :cool::)

We all have our pet peeves.:) Maybe that spices things up. (I dislike ending sentences with a preposition even more than the others!! HaHa...and I do that often. OMG)