Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

Do you happen to have copies of any of those teen Compasses? Mine will be 16 when we sail the on the Allure, but it is our first time on RCI so I'd love to have an idea of the teen activities. TIA!

I do but posting pictures here on CC is so cumbersome... I have already put them up on another site that is more photo friendly. If you'd like to PM me I'll be happy to direct you to that place!

I do but posting pictures here on CC is so cumbersome... I have already put them up on another site that is more photo friendly. If you'd like to PM me I'll be happy to direct you to that place!

A PM feature would really be nice:D but don't believe CC has one!:loudcry:

99 posts and still not a word about the “unwanted guest”.......

We figured out who #theboy is.. he has a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is quite the cliffhanger, an unwanted guest could be a person, could be animal, could be almost anything!

Day 2 – Nassau -- Slept until 8:00, went for a latte at Café Promenade and noticed there was NO line at Guest Services. As it turns out I needed someone to come fix the safe which had glitched, so I used this opportunity to do that. They sent someone up within 20 minutes and all was taken care of. We had breakfast at Johnny Rockets, which was only open until 9:00 that morning. Since we have been to Nassau before we had no plans to get off the ship for any particular excursions and chose to play it by ear. We wandered ship to get to know her. Got fresh juice at Vitality Café ($7.25 but included in drink package as I mentioned before) and even though we'd already eaten we wanted to check out the Windjammer since we hadn’t been there yet. Super crowded. Shocker.

We lazed around the ship which was sparsely populated. I spent time reading on our balcony which, on 7 Aft, just happened to be staring at Nicholas Cage's house. We spent some time watching people on the flowriders. After his experience at Margaritaville I am still encouraging – unsuccessfully – #theboy to try again. Eventually we dressed and went to dinner and sat at the same table with the same waitstaff. Tonight’s pace was better, maybe because we arrived a bit earlier, although I didn’t really pay attention to the time. Shrimp cocktail and wedge salad were good. This was formal night, and some were very formal, and some were notsomuch. On the menu was Filet, which we both ordered. The waiter told us that kitchen was preparing it two ways: medium well or medium rare. WHAT? I expected the medium rare to come out a bit overcooked, which would have been my choice of medium, but it was actually a pretty perfect medium rare. And a tiny bit chewy. Coulda Been Worse. And there was not enough for the 13 year old, who took some of my meat to fill his belly. He had chocolate cake again, and I had a peach shortcake which was very good, and because I love cheese, I ordered that too. It was tasty. Of course. It is cheese.

After dinner we came back to the cabin to change, then went to the Aqua Theater as we had reservations for Ocean Aria. I am glad we arrived early because I didn’t realize that many seats there are an uncomfortable wooden bench seat. No thanks. We were early enough to secure decent seats that were actual chairs. Later arrivers were stuck on a hard wooden bench. The show was good, and the 13 year old enjoyed it as well. Neat combination of diving, acrobatics, and trampoline work. After the show #theboy went to the teen “Living Room” to see if anyone was there he wanted to hang out with. (The teens were doing ice skating that night, but he wasn’t interested.) I went back to the cabin to wait a bit and see if he came back, or if he found a friend. He came back. He said the place was packed, and didn’t really see anyone that he wanted to hang out with. Lots of older teens, he said. So we debated about what to do, turned on the TV, found that How to Train your Dragon was on. We’ve seen it before, but decided to just hang out and watch it again. (I’m sure he’ll deny it, but he climbed onto my bed with me and rested his head on my chest. Any chance to snuggle with my teen, I’m gonna take!)

After the movie, about 11:00, we needed a snack so we ran down to Sorrentos for a piece of pizza. The Promenade was hopping with activity, so we people-watched, ate our very average slices of pizza (Carnival’s is SO much better!) and then went back to go to bed. It was then that #theboy gave me a slight foreshadowing of what was to come. He wasn’t feeling so great…

I'm loving and following your report, even though I have no intentions of sailing on this ship any time soon!

I couldn't figure out an easy way to upload photos either, until someone on another board mentioned the app tapatalk to me. Download it on your phone and you can easily post photos, 6 per post.

My "kids" are now 24 and 21, DD out of the house and totally independent (we still share our family cell phone account with her, that's it), DS a rising senior in college. It would STILL stress me out terribly to go on any vacation with one and not the other, so I totally get how you must have felt! It's a mom thing!

(I’m sure he’ll deny it, but he climbed onto my bed with me and rested his head on my chest. Any chance to snuggle with my teen, I’m gonna take!)

The mom in me just went, "Awwwwww." And my heart may have skipped a beat. I am traveling with my 11yo on the Oasis in August and look forward to moments like these. He is my snuggle bug and I absorb it all while I can.

REALLY enjoying your report, your writing style, and your sense of humor.

Do you happen to have copies of any of those teen Compasses? Mine will be 16 when we sail the on the Allure, but it is our first time on RCI so I'd love to have an idea of the teen activities. TIA!

Try a search on issuu.com for your ship and you might find some

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums