Knife set in the 'naughty' room

So, my suitcase was pullled and I had to go down to the 'naughty room' to retrieve it because I was caught smuggling in a power extension/strip cord (I wasn't sure if there were enough outlets to charge everything - this was a power strip with multiple outlets). When I went to retrieve my power cord at the end of the cruise, I saw an assortment of things that made sense to bring - irons, power cords etc. But what set me wondering was the full set of kitchen knives - why on earth would you need that on a cruise? any ideas?

Edited by Nekochan

So, my suitcase was pullled and I had to go down to the 'naughty room' to retrieve it because I was caught smuggling in a power cord (I wasn't sure if there were enough outlets to charge everything). When I went to retrieve my power cord at the end of the cruise, I saw an assortment of things that made sense to bring - irons, power cords etc. But what set me wondering was the full set of kitchen knives - why on earth would you need that on a cruise? any ideas?

So you can't pack power supply cords/charger cords in checked luggage?

I met a lady who had her crockpot confiscated. She said she had it because they needed it in their rental before the cruise. She knew it was going to be taken away but it was better than throwing it away. RC kept it for the week and she got it back when they disembarked.

I met a lady who had her crockpot confiscated. She said she had it because they needed it in their rental before the cruise. She knew it was going to be taken away but it was better than throwing it away. RC kept it for the week and she got it back when they disembarked.

I could see a similar story for the knives, particularly if the owner is a chef. I’m not a chef and don’t travel with my own knives, but I have been known to bring them to friends houses if I’m cooking there.

Nekochan - are you D from ASM? Apologies for the cryptic message - the PM function seems to have disappeared. I recognize the tagline.

There was never a PM function here, just so you know. :)

On the naughty table I have seen rice cookers and small pots. Someone here once reported seeing a waffle iron!;p

Maybe the kitchen knives were to clean & prepare the fish they caught from their balcony?

I may not like RCI. Carnival has always cleaned the fish I caught from the balcony for free. No need to bring my own knives. Room service will deliver bait too.

JB

We love to visit Marigot on St Maarten / St Martin and there is a Pylones store there, and we bought many years ago a set of salad servers that are a fork and spoon with a man and woman diver (platform diving) made out of plastic and cheap steel. You might hurt someone slightly if you put full effort into the attack, but they would break. We had them confiscated when we returned to the ship, plus a bottle of local rum with a vanilla/banana flavor. They are literally plastic. I got my salad servers back. The rum because we did a back to back was taken from me by the security at FLL and again my salad servers. After the second cruise, I did get the salad servers back but not the rum.

Sigh....

JC

We love to visit Marigot on St Maarten / St Martin and there is a Pylones store there, and we bought many years ago a set of salad servers that are a fork and spoon with a man and woman diver (platform diving) made out of plastic and cheap steel. You might hurt someone slightly if you put full effort into the attack, but they would break. We had them confiscated when we returned to the ship, plus a bottle of local rum with a vanilla/banana flavor. They are literally plastic. I got my salad servers back. The rum because we did a back to back was taken from me by the security at FLL and again my salad servers. After the second cruise, I did get the salad servers back but not the rum.

Sigh....

JC

I bet the cruise staff had a great time with the rum at their nightly parties. At least it went for a good cause. Think of it as an extra tip! ;p

I bet the cruise staff had a great time with the rum at their nightly parties. At least it went for a good cause. Think of it as an extra tip! ;p

I only remember harassment from the Port Everglades security, and no extra rolls or a second helping of lobster from. I am pretty certain the lowly educated people at the gate did nothing to make my life better. So, tipping... in this case just feels like stealing. It was spring break time, which I will avoid for so many reason as long as I live and remember that trip.

JC