AMPLIFIED MARINER: Quick Hits and Misses

Hi,

Thanks for your review. I am booked on the Mariner for December 2018. Does the ship still have an ice show? I am curious if they have decided to have an ice show on these short cruises.

Chuck

The ice show was great. I saw it on the 3 nighter on Sunday, Nassau at 3:30. Not many people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first 3-nighter on Mariner (just ended) compass has ice shows at 7 pm Day 2 and Day 3 at 3:30 pm. It probably is subject to change but, given Day 1 turn-around and departure demands on the crew/staff, I could see the ice show offerings remaining on Day 2 & 3 only. Hope that helps.

No shade either :fever::fever:

I was thinking it might be nice to lay out in the hammock at night. Didn’t actually do it, but I thought about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking it might be nice to lay out in the hammock at night.

For some reason the first thing I thought about is the germaphobes that go on cruises - do they bring their cleaning supplies to wipe down the hammock before they lay on one?

Second thought, hammock club?

For some reason the first thing I thought about is the germaphobes that go on cruises - do they bring their cleaning supplies to wipe down the hammock before they lay on one?

Second thought, hammock club?

Trampolines on Enchantment would be cool at night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cant remember the last cruise I did without a interactive TV?!....so do these ones show your daily "bill/charges" ? You order room service the old fashioned way with a phone call to the kitchen?

Glad for a sports bar but not paying higher prices than land for food that's for sure.

Johnny rockets up to $10 as well?

Was their a silent disco at the night club?

How was the food selection late night at the windjammer?

The first 3-nighter on Mariner (just ended) compass has ice shows at 7 pm Day 2 and Day 3 at 3:30 pm. It probably is subject to change but, given Day 1 turn-around and departure demands on the crew/staff, I could see the ice show offerings remaining on Day 2 & 3 only. Hope that helps.

Sounds good to me. I really don't get off the ship in Nassau.

Cant remember the last cruise I did without a interactive TV?!....so do these ones show your daily "bill/charges" ? You order room service the old fashioned way with a phone call to the kitchen?

Glad for a sports bar but not paying higher prices than land for food that's for sure.

Johnny rockets up to $10 as well?

Was their a silent disco at the night club?

How was the food selection late night at the windjammer?

Yes JR’s is now 9.95 plus 18% gratuity.

There is no late night at WJ. Closes st 9:00

Yes JR’s is now 9.95 plus 18% gratuity.

There is no late night at WJ. Closes st 9:00

According to the reports from those that sailed on the 1st 4 nighter, and printed int the cruise compass. The windjammer was open for late night snacks until 12:30am see cruise compass below

a19eed7204b8a4be5b2421766c073a68.jpg

According to the reports from those that sailed on the 1st 4 nighter, and printed int the cruise compass. The windjammer was open for late night snacks until 12:30am see cruise compass below

a19eed7204b8a4be5b2421766c073a68.jpg

Thanks for the update. Certainly wish that more ships would do this.

OP (or anyone else on Mariner)...Did you have any breakfasts/lunches in the dining room? Or stick to Windjammer? If so, which did you find better?

We do most of our dining in the MDR. Breakfast service was slow, and the menu very limited. Lunch was the exact opposite, quick service and delicious options, including the Tutti salad.

We do most of our dining in the MDR. Breakfast service was slow, and the menu very limited. Lunch was the exact opposite, quick service and delicious options, including the Tutti salad.

Thanks. Good to know. On Allure, I liked Windjammer breakfast but found lunch more limiting as I don't eat meat. So good to know MDR is good for lunch and won't hold us up.

Anyone see the new OV cabins on deck 12 forward?

Stayed in 1890 on Freedom. Nice cabin, tiny balcony. I would imagine Mariner mirrors it. Super windy up there

Just booked 1854 on Adventure for Dec 2019. Only two of us, I was surprised we could book it.:cool:

Did you happen to play any of the trivia games? I love that kind of thing and was just wondering what it's like.

We finished second on Movie Music Theme Trivia! Lots of fun. Yes they had lots of trivia every day.

Hi, sounds like you had a great time. By chance do you have copies of the compass that you can post? Thanks!!