Water and soda

I know Royals policy is no water or soda allowed to be taken on board but we have always slapped a luggage tag on a case of water and a 12 pack of coke snd it has always gotten to our cabin. Anyone try this lately and what was the outcome?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I know Royals policy is no water or soda allowed to be taken on board but we have always slapped a luggage tag on a case of water and a 12 pack of coke snd it has always gotten to our cabin. Anyone try this lately and what was the outcome?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

It depends on the port of embarkation. Some porters won't take them, but you won't be prevented from carrying the case(s) yourself. Thus it is better to have them in a wheeled duffel bag or such. Also, you are more likely to be refused if you are sailing during spring break.

Does not work at Port Canaveral.

Bob did you try to carry it on at Port Canaveral?

Tried to check it with the porters first, they would not take it. Tried to carry it on, and was refused. It was spring break time. Since then we put the water in luggage and have had no problems.

Tried to check it with the porters first, they would not take it. Tried to carry it on, and was refused. It was spring break time. Since then we put the water in luggage and have had no problems.

Thanks Bob

I am a first time so forgive me.. Do you just bring a foldable duffle bag and then fill it with bottles and cans? This whole bottled water/pop thing is interesting. I drink a LOT of water and would like bottles handy. Especially for shore time. I was going to buy the bottle water but wish it was just unlimited bottles of water vs 12- 1 liter bottles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am a first time so forgive me.. Do you just bring a foldable duffle bag and then fill it with bottles and cans? This whole bottled water/pop thing is interesting. I drink a LOT of water and would like bottles handy. Especially for shore time. I was going to buy the bottle water but wish it was just unlimited bottles of water vs 12- 1 liter bottles.

You could purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package that would give you unlimited water, soda and other drinks. Personally, I’ve been cruising since long before anyone thought of polluting the environment with plastic bottles and enjoy the free water available on the ship. I bring refillable bottles to take on excursions.

I dislike the brand of bottled water on the ship, so will simply toss 8-10 bottles of my favorite Dasani in a cloth duffel bag with handles on it and attach a luggage tag to it.

At the end of the cruise it is simple to just fold it and put it into my regular suitcases.

If for some reason security sends it down to what we call "the naughty room" I can take my time to get it and does not delay my clothes arrival.

You could purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package that would give you unlimited water, soda and other drinks. Personally, I’ve been cruising since long before anyone thought of polluting the environment with plastic bottles and enjoy the free water available on the ship. I bring refillable bottles to take on excursions.

I don't drink soda.

Ice tea, lemonade, coffee, and hot tea are free on the ship.

We recycle all of our plastic bottles at home, as does RCI.

I would just pack a reusable water bottle (wide mouth if you like ice) and refill it from the tap or buffet dispensers as often as desired. Shipboard water is excellent.
Thank you!! I was not sure about drinking the water on the ship. But.. bringing water is a a lot of muscle around too. I will have enough stuff already.

I don't drink soda.

Ice tea, lemonade, coffee, and hot tea are free on the ship.

We recycle all of our plastic bottles at home, as does RCI.

I don’t drink soda either but the poster to whom I was responding was asking about water and soda. I drink lots of water and iced tea onboard so find nothing wrong with the ship water (which is used to make the coffee, tea, lemonade, etc.). At home we have a Brita filter on the faucet since we don’t like the taste of our local water.

I know the ship recycles but people taking bottles off on excursions usually don’t (have seen discarded bottles all over the place in ports).

I would just pack a reusable water bottle (wide mouth if you like ice) and refill it from the tap or buffet dispensers as often as desired. Shipboard water is excellent.

Agree. When I run out of my bottled water, I simply refill from our cabin sink and put in the little fridge. Still tastes better than the bottled water, IMHO they offer on the ship.

Do be sure to use a cup to get water from the buffet. Then transfer to your reusable water bottle. Filling directly from the dispenser is not allowed.

I don’t drink soda either but the poster to whom I was responding was asking about water and soda. I drink lots of water and iced tea onboard so find nothing wrong with the ship water (which is used to make the coffee, tea, lemonade, etc.). At home we have a Brita filter on the faucet since we don’t like the taste of our local water.

I know the ship recycles but people taking bottles off on excursions usually don’t (have seen discarded bottles all over the place in ports).

Agree...and all over our highways, beaches, etc. Unfortunately there are many slobs out there that don't care what litter they cause. :(Shameful.