Carnival Corp Stock Purchase?

Mud_Shark

I looked on the Princess website and I cannot find the details outlining the OBC values based on cruise length for owning the stock? Also what has been your experience with dividend ROI? Thank you. I am sure this has been asked.

The dividend over the last 4 quarters has been $1.75/share. Based on the last closing price it is around 3%. You can search the history on many different web sites. To get stock advice contact a financial professional.

I looked on the Princess website and I cannot find the details outlining the OBC values based on cruise length for owning the stock? Also what has been your experience with dividend ROI? Thank you. I am sure this has been asked.

The stock is Carnival Transportation - not Carnival Cruise Lines or Princess Cruise Lines. it is traded as CCL' You need to own 100 shares.

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or fewer $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or more $250

Thanks everyone. I did find the links thanks to all of you. It is a lot easier to find the information with the correct path!

We might reach out to our financial advisor this week. Nice to know the returns have been okay as well. Clearly, The real return bumps up if you frequently sail with the Carnival family.

So thanks again!

Glad you found the info you need. It's turned out to be a great investment for me with the amount of money I've received in on-board credit and dividends. I went with eTrade to buy my shares several years ago. It was my first direct stock purchase.

Glad you found the info you need. It's turned out to be a great investment for me with the amount of money I've received in on-board credit and dividends. I went with eTrade to buy my shares several years ago. It was my first direct stock purchase.

This is all great information. And yes, I can see now that the amount of sailing with Carnival brands is really pretty key on all this for ROI. But that said, the stock itself looks to have done pretty well in recent times.

Caution buying CCL (Carnival corporation )stock is a not a great idea at the moment . The pros are saying this stock is a hold & not a buy right now .It is rated a low neutral rating

We are doing a 15 night R/T cruise Hawaii Dec 4 ,2019 . So I have plenty of time to buy 100 shares for that $250 on board credit . The stock price has already slid backwards & may go down further . The problem that will cause lower earnings are the higher fuel costs now happening for all cruise lines

Have patience & always put in a limit order for your stock ( you decide what price you are willing to pay ,that is a limit order ) .you can buy CCL from fidelity or other discount brokers with a account & enough money in the acct for $4.96 for the 100 share even lot . The stocj does pay a 3% + dividend at this time

Cliff

Caution buying CCL (Carnival corporation )stock is a not a great idea at the moment . The pros are saying this stock is a hold & not a buy right now .It is rated a low neutral rating

We are doing a 15 night R/T cruise Hawaii Dec 4 ,2019 . So I have plenty of time to buy 100 shares for that $250 on board credit . The stock price has already slid backwards & may go down further .

Most good stock advisors say do not try to time the market for a purchase as you will rarely buy at the lowest price or sell at the highest price.

When we purchased our 100 shares of CCL stock the price was about $37. Five months later, it was below $20, so we bought 100 additional shares, making our average cost about $28/share.

Between dividends and OBC, we have recovered over 100% of the cost of our 200 shares and still have 200 shares worth whatever the current market price is.

Yes, the OBC was a big reason we bought CCL, but we also bought it because we believed it was a good long term investment. And the current price is far above our average cost of $28/share.

I hesitated when it was in the $45 range and have been kicking myself ever since. When I saw the pull back I contacted my IRA broker (Schwab) and asked them if there was an underperforming stock I could sell and then purchase 100 shares of CCL. Done and done in a day with an order to re-invest the dividends. I don't even have a cruise booked at the moment, but looking at one for November. Also, I think the dividend is $2 per share going forward if I'm reading correctly. It's already up almost $2 per share from when I purchased it July 2.

I see it posted often in the shareholder benefit threads that you must own 100 or more shares of CCL. But I believe that 100 shares CCL or CUK will be fine. Below is a quote from the shareholder benefit notice.

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc.

Cliff

Depends upon which "pros" you ask. I know of 24 companies that cover CCL, and only 8 say

"Hold". I'll not report the other 15 lest I annoy the Mods by touting or panning a stock.

One thing to remember, though, is that none of the professional analysts include stockholder

OBC in their calculations.

As always, YMMV.