Windjammer question

We have worn ours many times. We dress up to head to the lounges, then simply enjoy a late

light dinner in the WJ with no worries about waiting in line for a table in the MTD, eating small bites of anything we are interested in, and enjoying the relaxing quiet atmosphere in there. :D

My kinda girl. Strut your stuff with a glass of wine. ;) Doesn't matter what others are thinking or "freaking out" about. Our opinion is if we are the only two dressed formally so be it!

We did that a couple times last cruise - depending on the theme night, we'd go check out WJ for their desserts. French night was a must - love those crepes!

Where do you find WJ’s theme for the night? Is it posted somewhere before dinner? We are sailing on Empress next month and I remember our last time on Empress, WJ had some great theme nights but we didn’t know about them until arriving. Would love to know before deciding where to dine for the night. On our last Empress cruise we ate dinner in WJ often ...the food was the best of any ship with a great variety.

My last few cruises I've found the windjammer for dinner to be anything "BUT" relaxing...I even tried going at different times in the evening & it was always crowded...guess the word has gotten out that the food is as good or better than the MDR and everyone wants to eat there now...I'm going back to MTD even though it's not my fav

My kinda girl. Strut your stuff with a glass of wine. ;) Doesn't matter what others are thinking or "freaking out" about. Our opinion is if we are the only two dressed formally so be it!

Oh yeah..you know me. I am waltzing into the WJ with glass of wine in hand for sure. ;) :wine-glass:

Oh...and we are not the only ones dressed to the nines...the officers who are always dressed in tailored suits tend to eat in there after 8 pm...sometimes they ask to join us. Always fun conversations. Many of them are a hoot! :D:cool:

My last few cruises I've found the windjammer for dinner to be anything "BUT" relaxing...I even tried going at different times in the evening & it was always crowded...guess the word has gotten out that the food is as good or better than the MDR and everyone wants to eat there now...I'm going back to MTD even though it's not my fav

Which ships and what time of the year?

I am talking about smaller ships (Radiance/Vision) after 8 pm. Have always found it to be quiet, low lights, and relaxing.

We don't go into the WJ on Oasis class. Too crazy in there. :oAnd we don't cruise during spring break...and rarely in the summer.

I am talking about smaller ships (Radiance/Vision) after 8 pm. Have always found it to be quiet, low lights, and relaxing. ...We don't go into the WJ on Oasis class. Too crazy in there. :o

Agreed. Even the step up to Explorer from Serenade offered us a different, more hectic and crowded dinner experience.

We have had the same experience on our recent cruises, WJ is getting very popular for dinner. We were on Radiance recently and there were multiple stations on Shanghai night were they were cooking to order. All the lines were long, even with multiple chefs cooking. First time I have ever seen a Food and Beverage Manager go behind and help stir fry. Most nights we ended up sharing a table since things were so busy.

We are the same. We rarely visit the MDR as we prefer the relaxed casual atmosphere in the WJ as well as the ability to just eat whenever we feel like eating and take as long as we fell like taking.

Always find something interesting to eat and some evenings the food is far more appealing than the MDR.

We also dont like to be fussed over while we eat so service is not a big deal for us.

WE COULD HAVE SIGNED OUR NAMES TO THIS POST. OUR FEELINGS EXACTLY!! I REALLY LOVE THE WINDJAMMER. It made me break from carnival maybe for good. I never have to stand in buffet lines unless I FEEL a strong need for an omelette ☺

Where do you find WJ’s theme for the night? Is it posted somewhere before dinner? We are sailing on Empress next month and I remember our last time on Empress, WJ had some great theme nights but we didn’t know about them until arriving. Would love to know before deciding where to dine for the night. On our last Empress cruise we ate dinner in WJ often ...the food was the best of any ship with a great variety.

They were printed in the Cruise Compass each day (last month on Navigator).

Dressing in a tux to eat at a buffet...interesting. Can't say I've seen that...anywhere. If I'm going to wear my best, I'd like to be waited on. Heck, if I'm paying a $14.50 day service charge, I want to be (and am) waited on every meal.

Agreed!