Windjammer question

We've decided to do a cruise with no MDR but Windjammer instead. What is proper attire in Windjammer for evenings?

If you are anything like us, it will be your best cruise ever. We love WJ for dinner, LOVE LOVE.

Freak people out & wear tux & formal gowns...

Actually see many wearing suits/tux on many Formal nites in WindJammer...

Yes, have seen that as well - a top up either before or after MDR dinner. :D

I did get stopped once on the Quantum for having a tank top on.

Not surprising. Still see shorts/tank tops turned away in Main Dining but only on Formal nites... Years ago Wind Jammer Dinners were linen table cloths, more of a semi formal or resort wear...

Actually see many wearing suits/tux on many Formal nites in WindJammer, I think they dress up like usual but skip Main Dinning...

Dressing in a tux to eat at a buffet...interesting. Can't say I've seen that...anywhere. If I'm going to wear my best, I'd like to be waited on. Heck, if I'm paying a $14.50 day service charge, I want to be (and am) waited on every meal.

Anything but swimsuits. And, no bare feet. Was on Alaska cruise where several kids bought slippers, and saw many bear feet (for real) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Polar or Black Bear, perhaps Grizzly? Couldn't resist.

If you are anything like us, it will be your best cruise ever. We love WJ for dinner, LOVE LOVE.

We are the same. We rarely visit the MDR as we prefer the relaxed casual atmosphere in the WJ as well as the ability to just eat whenever we feel like eating and take as long as we fell like taking.

Always find something interesting to eat and some evenings the food is far more appealing than the MDR.

We also dont like to be fussed over while we eat so service is not a big deal for us.

Husband got turned away 2x with a tank top. Once on the Jewel and once on the Rhapsoday. Both times we were out reading until 7pm on the upper decks and rather than go back to cabin and change, we just went into windjammer. We didn't have swimsuits underneath. We both had tanks and shorts. We said ok and went down to change and came back. The 2nd time we just started laughing and said oh yeah, now we remember. No tank tops during dinner in windjammer. I remember both times we said how cold it was (crossing the atlantic) and why were we sitting outside when it was freezing - we should have jackets. ;p;p

Freak people out & wear tux & formal gowns...

We have worn ours many times. We dress up to head to the lounges, then simply enjoy a late

light dinner in the WJ with no worries about waiting in line for a table in the MTD, eating small bites of anything we are interested in, and enjoying the relaxing quiet atmosphere in there. :D

We have worn ours many times. We dress up to head to the lounges, then simply enjoy a late

light dinner in the WJ with no worries about waiting in line for a table in the MTD, eating small bites of anything we are interested in, and enjoying the relaxing quiet atmosphere in there. :D

I think some cruisers do just the opposite. They have their dinner in the MDR and visit the WJ for desert. If it's a formal night, they may be spiffed up for the WJ.

I just came off the Anthem last week and it was the most Casual ship I have ever been on. Even the Cruise Compass stated evening attire was “Casual “. This was in the MDR. Most people wore t-shirts, tank tops, and shorts. Same attire for the Windjammer. Only time people got dressed up was for formal night.

Actually see many wearing suits/tux on many Formal nites in WindJammer, I think they dress up like usual but skip Main Dinning...

You will also see people who have late dining stopping in for a bite before next seating or after picture taking.

I think some cruisers do just the opposite. They have their dinner in the MDR and visit the WJ for desert.

We did that a couple times last cruise - depending on the theme night, we'd go check out WJ for their desserts. French night was a must - love those crepes!