What is the latest time RC have you leaving the ship?

We will be on the Symphony in January out of Miami. We are staying at a FLL beach area hotel post cruise. Since we are staying post cruise, we don’t have to be up before sunrise to leave.

We have to tell the shuttle what time we want to be picked up.

What time would be a good time to tell?

We will be on the Symphony in January out of Miami. We are staying at a FLL beach area hotel post cruise. Since we are staying post cruise, we don’t have to be up before sunrise to leave.

We have to tell the shuttle what time we want to be picked up.

What time would be a good time to tell?

you have to be out of the cabin by 8-8:30 and off the ship before 10. that being said, it could be a 20 minute line to get through Customs/picking up luggage, or 2 hours.

They want you off the ship as soon as possible to get the ship down to the zero passenger count. On most sailings they want the cabins vacated by 8:30AM and all passengers off of the ship by 9:30AM. 10:00AM would be the perfect time for a pickup.

There has been a few times we are still waiting for our number to be called after 10 am.

Doubtfull that will be the case on and Oasis class ship. They get everone off pronto to turn around the ship. In Fort Lauderdale they have the special terminal for Oasis class with a carousel and the luggage is put on it like clockwork. Each groups luggage has to be off to put on the following groups luggage. When I am on Oasis class I don't worry as much about booking an early flight time. I have been to the airport by 9:00 am without trying to be that early. Oasis class debarkation is in a class by itself. It has to be because of the number of passengers.

Assuming the hotel is fairly local - most only run shuttles a few miles out - why not call once you clear customs? You may have to wait a couple of minutes but better than having the shuttle wait for a long time.

Doubtfull that will be the case on and Oasis class ship. They get everone off pronto to turn around the ship. In Fort Lauderdale they have the special terminal for Oasis class with a carousel and the luggage is put on it like clockwork. Each groups luggage has to be off to put on the following groups luggage. When I am on Oasis class I don't worry as much about booking an early flight time. I have been to the airport by 9:00 am without trying to be that early. Oasis class debarkation is in a class by itself. It has to be because of the number of passengers.

Symphony is out of Miami not FLL. The terminal hasn’t opened yet so nothing to compare it to. Just because Royal does a great job of emptying the ship does not mean customs will do the same. Oasis in OC was having issues last spring with huge lines as there were only 4 CPB officers for the entire ship and 2 of those were for use of the porters so yes even on Oasis class ships it can take a while to clear customs.

Symphony is out of Miami not FLL. The terminal hasn’t opened yet so nothing to compare it to. Just because Royal does a great job of emptying the ship does not mean customs will do the same. Oasis in OC was having issues last spring with huge lines as there were only 4 CPB officers for the entire ship and 2 of those were for use of the porters so yes even on Oasis class ships it can take a while to clear customs.

We know it is out of Miami but the new terminal will be built to empty out Oasis class ships fast. Royal Caribbean touts being able to embark and debark Oasis class fast. As far as customs I was on Reflection out of Miami last year and was at the Miami airport at 10:00. Was happy I had Centurion lounge access as my flight was after noon. I didn’t rush off the ship and was still thru customs and at the airport at 10:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week the departure sheet said vacate room by 8:30, with docking at 7:00 and self-carry at 7:30. Most food outlets closed at 8:30 with a couple open til 9:00. Last departure group was scheduled for 9:45, and this was consecutive cruisers.